Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Good thing I don't have to go in tomorrow, I got two vaccines today.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Besides the great bath (shown above) in the safe zone of the castle where the item shop is and the other dudes have their bedrooms, the save rooms have some visual variety.:

Reveal hidden contents

20240923210625-1.jpg20240923210357-1.jpg20240923210833-1.jpg20240923211026-1.jpg

🛀

Unusual for a Metroidvania.

I mean, even ignoring the intent of the game, having a safe area where you could clean up from... well everything this genre tends to ask the player to do makes sense.

Although, the exact relationships vary.:

Reveal hidden contents

Flood.png

Floody is Lenga's "Best Friend ...With Benefits". The most normal guy, whose day job is being a firefighter. Has a mild personality, and is the least outwardly horny. Beneath the surface though, his feelings are strong and serious. "You sleep around too much Lenga, I worry about you, and I know you best. Stay with me, if only briefly." -That summarizes his deeper thoughts. Protective, slightly possessive. Fights Lenga b/c Radian told him to.

Best-Oni.png

Shutendouji. Named after a well-known oni from Japanese folklore (usually hyphenated as Shuten-doji). I've seen the name used before in Warriors Orochi 3, and SRWOGS Endless Frontier (in that mecha-related dimension of horny, Shuten was a blue-haired straight shirtless muscular oni with a girlfriend who agrees he is "very easy on the eyes").

-The backstory for this gayer red-haired Japanese ogre, is that Lenga once got into a fighting tournament the oni were hosting. As Shuten is the crown prince, he was told to find the strongest possible spouse. Lenga won, and Shuten instantly fell in love with him. Unfortunately, Lenga doesn't want to settle down, and he keeps having tell Shuten that. Shuten has apparently had a history of running around after Lenga, getting beaten up in battle and occasionally making love as a result.

All Shutendoji wants is his "Wifey" to live with him. He'll be okay with Lenga making out with other guys, as long as he returns home; Shuten says he is willing to be faithful. Perhaps the most -relatively- innocent of these dirty dudes, and sweet. Also wild, and very hungry, something of a meathead, but actually not that stupid given he is continually able to run away from home evading his guards in pursuit of Lenga. And as I said, he ended up being my favorite.🥰

Vitos.png

Vitos is the only the guy who Lenga doesn't have a pre-established relationship with. He is the demon confined in this floating castle in the human world. His confinement is consensual, the angels take a tribute of Vitos's power for reasons unknown. Vitos comes an elite family in Inferno (the demon world), but that means a lot of treachery, backstabbing, demonic infighting. Vitos didn't want the chaos, so he accepted imprisonment and angelic protection in the peaceful human world. Fights Lenga b/c Lenga doesn't realize Vitos isn't an evil demon at first, and Vitos is up for a small dose of strife.

Lenga says attracted and aloud that Vitos is his type on their first meeting. Being a lusty demon, he willingly gives a relationship with an angel a try after their first fight is over. While the dominant bad boy of the five guys, he isn't problematic at all. Paradiso Guardian is a fluffy Boys' Love game. In something on the dark side of BL (there's plenty I'm told), he would be doing toxic twisted nonconsensual acts on Lenga for sure -and then I would not have played this.

Radian.png

Radian. Lenga's adoptive daddy. -Not "father", daddy.😜 Although the other three guys mistake the two meanings of "daddy". Radian is a captain in the Guardians of Paradiso (the heavenly world inhabited by angels), and thus Lenga's superior aren't there workplace rules against this kind of relationship?. Radian is calm and mature. Acting both fatherly and like a seasoned veteran in their job, the archangel shows wholesome care for Lenga. -And sometimes they screw, the old man enjoying it as much as the lusty young angel. Fights Lenga b/c he thinks this mission is too dangerous for him.

20240923210202-1.jpg20240923210204-1.jpg

...Can I call Daddy Radian, "Gayonetta"?😛 The Umbra Witch's Wicked Weaves are what sprang to mind when I saw this.

Within the genre of dating sims, I'm sure these kinds of characters have been done before. But in mainstream-(ish) gaming? These seemed new to me.😆 I'd be okay with the normalization of gay Daddies. Hey Fire Emblem, about that "dead "parents"" thing...

Man, what a boy band crew this would be.

Friggin' Gayonetta not respecting work boundaries.

Arenas are Roman, bathhouses are Roman.😀 Although I know the Colosseum didn't have room for those. Not sure how often if ever gladiators bathed. The daily lives of gladiators consisted entirely of eating, fighting, and sleeping in their cells (b/c they're slaves). Though Galen the ancient physician mentions unctores- slaves tasked with keeping the gladiators comfortable, including daily massages. As the average gladiator had a lifespan of ~27, I'm not sure why you'd need to order slaves to rub these fit men, unshackled volunteers willing to work for free shouldn't be in short supply.

Plenty of gladiators weren't slaves, even aside from those who earned their freedom you'd get some upper class folk who would fight, though mostly with each other. And a bathhouse not being there I can both believe and raise an eyebrow at because they could fill the arena with water for naval battles, it makes no damm sense.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Don't give me "Aargh me hearties!" Caribbean slop, Vanillaware!😝

At least let me have the Dutchman

1X1sIZ.gif

the Chola Empire

The sandal empire?

Aint this the game @Sidereal Wraith was always raving about?

8 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Please explain, I’m not certain I understand.

Laura Bailey is in a union and as a result of a major strike, she doesn't do any of the roles she previously had. Lucina, Chun-Li, you name it. She's not them anymore.