• Armagon

BUCgVmb.png

CHADrioch vs. Persona 5

I am almost at the end of Chapter 5 but

Spoiler

where is she, Falcom?

Mwx1TZs.jpeg

Nina lore is very important.

I like how Dantès's voice makes him sound like he's trying to seduce the heroes half the time.

19 hours ago, Dayni said:

I knew SF was a danger to the world and ourselves

It's a little known fact that SF was created specifically to contain the teehee.

10 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Wind waker time

also XBC3

The time has come...

Portrait_darros_fe01.png

to become sail.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It is fairly niche. Engage is rather good about giving you the Engage power you need on the map, so I never really felt like I needed to use the skill all that much.

So likely best off being changed into something actually useful? I just didn’t find it that fun, though I wasn’t certain if that was just me or not. Xd

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you ever get too dependent on Genoese bankers, just remember you can always default!

Well, haven't taken any loans so far.

Also, Sevilla can only send Trade power to Valencia (also almost entirely in my control), so I still have a lot directed to me before it finally reached Genoa (which is just after Valencia). To wit, I'm also redirecting Trade Power from Tunis to Sevilla, for the same reason.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't want to tackle for as long as possible b/c it deserves to be epic

Honestly, it's one of my most ever anticipated games...but one i am also super wary of. It's gonna be a big milestone for the series, conclude one of the major threads/plot points in the series (if not several) and change the world of Ys as we know it...

But i don't trust current Falcom with such a game at all. The last they tried such a conclusion they made the worst game of all time xD

And i'd really hate for such a major point in one of my fav. Games to suck like this.

Iirc, these are the current major threads in Ys:

* Eldeen lore

* Tritheism

* The Romun Empire

Such a game could absolve 2 out of the 3 (Romun, Eldeen), if not all of them honestly.

There are still some threads open that could be something later (Afroca, the Orient), but they aren't a big part of the series atm like the above mentioned 3.

Ys 7 Princess

Aisha

Yet, for all the world-saving he coincidentally does, Adol seemingly doesn't publicly go down in history as a world savior😆 -if his journals are the most notable record left behind of him that is. Whatever Adol does with the Emperor, it'd possibly have to be hush-hush to an extent.)

Tbf, Adol rarely involves himself in conflicts between nations/factions - with the darklings being the most important antagonistic faction to him, who are pretty high up in Romun hierarchy - so such a game will have Adol most likely dealing with the mythical side of it, and the end of the dark clan (or those or them who still pursue Eldeen tech.)

Ah, Geis will have to appear as well in such a game ofc.

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

CHADrioch vs. Persona 5

Arioch is a name that has become forever bound to SMT and thus Persona to me, ironically enough.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, haven't taken any loans so far.

-Just a dull little joke from the fact the Spanish Empire used Genoese bankers up to about 1670. And by the mid-1500s Spain started doing the occasional default- 1559 when Spain's debt reached 25 million ducats, and 1598 when Philip II died and the debt reached 85 million ducats (ten times annual ordinary revenue), being what I have written down in my old notes.

27 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Aisha

Thank you.😅

14 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

But i don't trust current Falcom with such a game at all. The last they tried such a conclusion they made the worst game of all time xD

You were filled with the reverie of madness?

15 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Honestly, it's one of my most ever anticipated games...but one i am also super wary of. It's gonna be a big milestone for the series, conclude one of the major threads/plot points in the series (if not several) and change the world of Ys as we know it...

Maybe they should do what Konami did with Castlevania and its 1999 Demon Castle War- never ever give us the glorious event. And instead be left to know some general details from stories that occur decades after the momentous occasion happened.

20 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

There are still some threads open that could be something later (Afroca, the Orient), but they aren't a big part of the series atm like the above mentioned 3.

-Celceta alluded to the existence of the Western Hemisphere, did it not? Adol can't die before visiting Not Machu Picchu, and saving the Great Spirit Manitoh from evil indigenous hackers in cyberpunk North Amerigo.

24 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Tbf, Adol rarely involves himself in conflicts between nations/factions - with the darklings being the most important antagonistic faction to him, who are pretty high up in Romun hierarchy - so such a game will have Adol most likely dealing with the mythical side of it, and the end of the dark clan (or those or them who still pursue Eldeen tech.)

...Reminder I need to get to Ark so I get this more (they show up there I think you said?).😅

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Just a dull little joke from the fact the Spanish Empire used Genoese bankers up to about 1670. And by the mid-1500s Spain started doing the occasional default- 1559 when Spain's debt reached 25 million ducats, and 1598 when Philip II died and the debt reached 85 million ducats (ten times annual ordinary revenue), being what I have written down in my old notes.

Ah, I see.

---

Well, I reached the point that winning wars is getting quite troublesome. Mostly in terms of logistics. Countries allied with the main combatant need to be knocked out separately if I want to ease War Score requirements, but sometimes it's just so difficult to reach them. The Byzantines are allied with Pomerania, Arabia, and Maghreb. Knocking out the latter is easy. The other two? Not so much. Mostly due to distance making it a very lengthy affair. And then the Byzantines have a giant naval stack my navy isn't quite up to par, so can't risk my transport fleet to ferry units faster.

Let's see, if I can call enough of my allies to serve if anything as a distraction, and perhaps hiring some mercenaries to bolster my own numbers... but that's for next time.

Also did the missions that gave me permanent claims on Austria and England. The realm there, Levia (I think it was a rebel or mercenary band spawned kingdom that took over the place back in my CK II playthrough), has the same problem of reaching them reliably. Best I can do is put my fleet to block the "land" passage between Great Britain and Ireland, so I can ferry my units unimpeded. Though only if I can also lock a big chunk of their fleet at port too so they can't attack my transports. Hmm, perhaps I should hold off just yet from expanding in Europe. May just focus on becoming stronger first. Well, might make one more attempt with the Byzantines. If only I gain a valid Casus Belli on Maghreb, since then it'd only be fighting they and the Byzantines...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Celceta alluded to the existence of the Western Hemisphere, did it not?

You didn't play A-

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminder I need to get to Ark so I get this more (

yup.

Ark will explain what's going on there. Also one of the bigger games regarding Eldeen lore and darklings

The whole time I wondered how to say The Netherlands in Spanish, referring to it as "Hollandia" and then I found out that not only are Holland and The Netherlands not technically the same thing but that in Spanish, the country is "Los Paises Bajos" and honestly I think they should just change their name.

19 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Even Adol wears the Viking outfit now!

Yeah all it took for the Imgur links to work is to get back home.

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Alongside this, Bandai Namco is reportedly using "oidashi beya" — expulsion rooms — to put pressure on around 200 employees to leave voluntarily, rather than outright fire them. Bloomberg reports that this is a "traditionally Japanese approach to reducing staff" as the employees are given no work to do while in the room. Oftentimes, employees use that time to look for other jobs.

I knew that the practice existed but not the whole sending them to other rooms part.

His last OST specifically, but yeah, was inevitable. Farewell to a long time composer.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/10/bandai-namco-reportedly-cancels-nintendo-commissioned-project

Alongside this, Bandai Namco is reportedly using "oidashi beya" — expulsion rooms — to put pressure on around 200 employees to leave voluntarily, rather than outright fire them. Bloomberg reports that this is a "traditionally Japanese approach to reducing staff" as the employees are given no work to do while in the room. Oftentimes, employees use that time to look for other jobs.

-Never heard of these before.😯

This kind of push to get people to resign doesn't surprise me, I'd heard of similar behaviour before. You wouldn't want to hear you're getting less responsibilities in that environment.

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's a little known fact that SF was created specifically to contain the teehee.

Secure, Contain, Teehee

53 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The whole time I wondered how to say The Netherlands in Spanish, referring to it as "Hollandia" and then I found out that not only are Holland and The Netherlands not technically the same thing but that in Spanish, the country is "Los Paises Bajos" and honestly I think they should just change their name.

Ah, the romance languages are similar here? It's Les Pays-Bas in French.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I mean, they put so much work in turning those "low" lands from being under the water to someplace they could live in, I'd say they earned to keep the name.

4 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

yup.

Ark will explain what's going on there. Also one of the bigger games regarding Eldeen lore and darklings

I'll move this into the third slot in my current playlog plans, roughly.

12 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

jhEaEYC.jpeg

JRPG confirmed

Now turn it into Scandinavian lutefisk- fish that has been soaked & preserved in lye! -Just remember it soak it again in clean water when you're hungry. 

The -absolutely fictional- story around lutefisk is that vikings would raid settlements that had fish set out to dry. The pillaging would set fire to everything, covering the fish in ashes and then it would rain. Months later, other vikings would show up at the still-destroyed settlement, find the fish under the ashes, and eat it.😋

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

and then I found out that not only are Holland and The Netherlands not technically the same thing

Holland has Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and The Hague. I forget the exact statistics, but Holland basically financed the Dutch Empire during its Golden Age. Though there were disagreements between sea-oriented Holland and the agrarian inland provinces. This included the matter of the Stadholder, as the executive position usually held by the head of the House of Orange wasn't quite a traditional monarch. The inland provinces favored a strong Stadholder, while the coastal ones preferred republicanism and actually managed to twice do away with the Stadholder altogether. It wasn't until after Napoleon was exiled and Europe returned to peace after French instability, that the Netherlands became a normal constitutional monarchal kingdom with a literal king.

Vaguely similarly, Castile from what I'm aware did basically everything for the Spanish Empire. Aragon, Valencia, Catalonia, I know they didn't pay regular taxes for the maintenance of the Spanish Empire, as their legislatures didn't approve such taxes. (I'm not sure if non-Castile kingdoms were even allowed to participate in the imperial project.) "Spain" being nothing more than a peninsula united via a shared monarch, no real governmental integration between the kingdoms. -I guess the difference between Spain and the Netherlands is that the parts that aren't Castile were big enough while the Netherlands was so tiny that who even really noticed the other six of the Seven Provinces on a map?

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

His last OST specifically, but yeah, was inevitable. Farewell to a long time composer.

It has been quite a while since I last listened to anything he composed. Though there was a time where his melodies regularly surrounded me. As would be expectable with increasing age, his output had already declined over the years, and I think his name has receded from the forefront of video game composers -yet none of that denies the artistic immortality which his great compositions possess. May he enjoy his semi-retirement.🙂

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The -absolutely fictional- story around lutefisk is that vikings would raid settlements that had fish set out to dry. The pillaging would set fire to everything, covering the fish in ashes and then it would rain. Months later, other vikings would show up at the still-destroyed settlement, find the fish under the ashes, and eat it.😋

...this fish ain't cursed?

1 hour ago, Hrothgar777 said:

I'm personally curious as to how you tested this.

Do you mean the skill effect?

if that is what you mean, I have a few ways.

1: if it’s stat dependent activation, I have say a character with 1 Lck try to see if it pretty much never activates, if not, good. Then I give them a weapon with say, Lck +90 or so to see if it now activates basically all of the time. If it does, good. 

2: I enter combat a lot to make sure the effect works as intended, doing the math and such myself if needed.

Edited by Lightcosmo

XzADFMN.jpeg

vietnam-flashback-traumatized.gif

sp4bjEj.jpeg

Welcome to the Squad of Worm Victims, Karja.

Let's do thi-

yZHRW0u.jpeg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LET ME FIGHT THE BOSS ATLEAST

So, Demo impressions are very positive. Alot of stuff seems to fit the setting and not shoehorned in, and the new combat system seems fine enough, but gotta wait to see how the boss design is like ofc.

2 Negatives:

• Awful ost - thankfully fixed by the music mod
  • Ship battles and naval navigation in general seems 💤
Edited by Codename Shrimp

69 trillion electoral votes.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

while the Netherlands was so tiny that who even really noticed the other six of the Seven Provinces on a map?

I told my dad that if we road tripped the Netherlands, we'd see like the entire country within a week.

46 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Ship battles and naval navigation in general seems 💤

Say it ain't so doc.

20 hours ago, BrightBow said:

19 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

It was created to purge the madness not contain it!!!

19 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

The time has come...

Portrait_darros_fe01.png

to become sail.

51 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

XzADFMN.jpeg

vietnam-flashback-traumatized.gif

💤

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?