Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Man

I already feel sad that i will probably finish Ys X in the span of a week and will have to wait years until the next one 😭

I can understand. There is only so much of The Good Stuff to go around, and even if you try rationing it, you'll run out at some point and be left with none to drink. The only thing one can do after that, is the thing your inner tantrum-throwing child doesn't want to do- try to find other things that might be Good.

• Replies 180.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimp of the North

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Shrimp of the North said:

Also need to finish Baking girl already xD

And I need to restart XC3. I this day slip by dangit!😡 8:31 PM is too late to begin the game now. If I had already begun the game story-attentive it'd be one thing to continue it. Yet begin from the very start? I need more hours of the day for that. Never mind I can stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning easily. And I can't spend the remainder of the night praying before the sacred image of a fictional boyfriend, eyes becoming gently moist, in dignified silence, the solemnity of such a thing takes its toll.

-Nice name & avi change, Shrimpy!😃 Reminds me of Gustavus Adolphus's epithet "the Lion of the North" (reminder- Adolphus was the warrior king who initiated Sweden's brief stint as a major European power (1611-1721 AD)). Just don't get shot on the battlefield while leading a cavalry charge (dead at 37).😉

Personally, I'd wait until after finishing a game before choosing to use it for an avi a precaution in case I didn't like it. -But I like your enthusiasm!😀

Well that was an interesting side trek. After my early space jump get, I used that as an excuse to leave Ferenia, and go back and gather collectables, which cascaded into me finding the screw attack and gravity suit, and by the end of it I have 100% of items in Artaria (and significant completion in other locations, in the 80-90, except Elun which only has 4 and thus I am at 75%) managed to visit Hanubi (via Ghavoran shuttle) early enough that the communication hub there told me to come back later, all before returning to Ferenia. I am a bit curious how far ahead my sneaky cross bomb maneuver got me, so I will see how far in there I can get without those three upgrades...

https://www.gematsu.com/2024/10/nintendo-64-nintendo-switch-online-adds-banjo-tooie-on-october-25

Well this is a dose of childhood. -Not that I have NSO nor an interest to reexperience this (I've watched longplays).

I had no idea as a little kid that Tooie was sorta divisive. The original Banjo-Kazooie having compact one & done worlds being an object of praise. This in contrast to the sequel's worlds that, while interconnected, require a number of revisits, and are also regarded as too big and thus a journey-dragging chore.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think I remember learning in college that while New Netherlands did have a sizable Dutch population, it was more mixed than that, though I'm lacking for specifics. I can pretend finding enough people in the icebox of the north to settle overseas isn't easy, and the Norwegians had a more open colonist policy to compensate. If the Basques want to take advantage, sure, go ahead!

I got reminded about how supposedly the Basque were already fishing off the coast of Newfoundland before Columbus did his voyage. Combined with the Vikings' failed attempt to permanently settle, you can see why "let's sail west to reach Asia" had such a traction of an idea.

7 hours ago, Shrimp of the North said:

Man

I already feel sad that i will probably finish Ys X in the span of a week and will have to wait years until the next one 😭

I would've been done with Zelda had i not roadtripped across the UK.

So what i'm saying is start Ys X and then immediately take a vacation.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Perfect post-graduation party location.

It wasn't all that long before I got the cluster missiles, which seems like the more intended scenario for getting the space jump.

What a weird way to deal with the last EMMI. Also I officially got 9 power bomb upgrades before getting the power, which I find rather funny. Whelp time to use these new bombs to clear out all the old maps 😛