Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I can't wait to have this happen to me and I just accept it.

Anyways it's been confirmed that ACE+ composed at least one of the Minecraft remixes which means Xenoblade fans stay winning.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Benice said:

FE6 only needs to up the hitrates of everything by ten, nerf throne/gate avoid to 15, remove ambush spawns and fix the good ending requirements to be a really great game. I swear, if they mess up an FE6 remake by adding Mark or something...

That's a start for me to maybe buy the game

Then you need fix balance, fix maps, fix character, fix story. Also hitrates +20 atleast, not 10

XD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Then you need fix balance, fix maps, fix character, fix story. Also hitrates +20 atleast, not 10

I don't think FE needs to be balanced, personally. If you have a mix of good and bad units, it allows the player to choose their own difficulty. Voice acting and removing Merlinus (For the most part) would honestly probably be enough for the cast, as it is quite decent-the writers have a lot to work with. There are some non-characters, (Most of the starting group, really) but most are quite good.

tbh I don't really care about hitrates so much as long as there are fewer annoying bosses, (See: Henning, Leygance, every armor knight on a throne, Kel, etc,) and it is a faithful remake aside from the bad gaiden maps.

Just now, Armagon said:

An FE6 remake having Combat Arts and the game becomes a whole lot more interesting.

I'm not sold on combat arts yet-Not saying they're bad, but they've yet to make an impression on me, personally.

I really am a boomer at heart.

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

I don't think FE needs to be balanced, personally.

It doesn't, but it should strive to make most of the cast useful. Which is not the case in FE6. Most of the cast is a burden, which is something i downright hate

it allows the player to choose their own difficulty

Difficulty shouldn't be based on player units being useless. See Conquest, that's super difficult despite all units being useful

tbh I don't really care about hitrates

yeah, they are a major gripe for me. RNG is also a major gripe i have with Berwick which imo is pushing the game down quite a bit

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

An FE6 remake having Combat Arts and the game becomes a whole lot more interesting.

and skills.

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Which is not the case in FE6. Most of the cast is a burden, which is something i downright hate

I disagree, but I don't think we're gonna see eye-to-eye here, so I'll drop it.

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

Divine pulse shouldn't be a crutch for bad game design. I don't object to it existing, but I am not okay with it justifying ambush spawns or other unfair shenanigans. FE6's remake would not be better than FE6 if they simply added a turnwheel mechanic and left ambush spawns.

Oh no that’s not what I meant. I was just saying that you should use instead of resetting on an unfair death.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Difficulty shouldn't be based on player units being useless. See Conquest, that's super difficult despite all units being useful

I agree with the first part, but did we play the same conquest xD

Edited by Sooks1016

Why do people like combat arts, actually? They haven't really made a difference yet in TH.

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Oh no that’s not what I meant. I was just saying that you should use instead of resetting on an unfair death.

I refuse to use Divine pulse! I AM A MASOCHIST!

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

I agree with the first part, but did we play the same conquest xD

maybe? dunno xD

I don't remember any unit being FE6 levels of useless in any of my conquest runs. Even in Lunatic the most useless of units i could make somehow useful

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

and skills

Honestly, I just kinda grouped Combat Arts and Skills into one category, both are essentially the same thing in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why do people like combat arts, actually? They haven't really made a difference yet in TH.

I admittedly liked them a bit more in Echoes but the gist is that you have full control over them as opposed to just relying on RNG. Three Houses does have passive skills which is fine but anything that has an activation rate, I would prefer having full control over.

Also adds uniqueness and uses to unit. 

Someone like Bernie for example learns Encloser, which makes it useful to stop dangerouns enemies on their tracks.

Extra Range for Bows, actually giving a unit a niche, extra hit, etc.

Also very useful on maddening.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

More variety to units, more to strategize with, more stuff to do on player phase, the satisfaction of setting up really good builds, a way higher incentive to up weapon ranks then the ability to use a weapon with 2 more might, influence of unconventional builds with those with a great combat art in a weapon type you might not have considers for them, it ties in nicely with being able to repair weapons at the blacksmith, and they help make heroes relics feel super unique and powerful in the hands of crest bearers.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

maybe? dunno xD

I don't remember any unit being FE6 levels of useless in any of my conquest runs. Even in Lunatic the most useless of units i could make somehow useful

Hmmm. Define “useful” (I played on normal btw (cause it was like my 5th fe... okay yeah that’s not an excuse xD) and I know people say Conquest hard is peak fe gameplay so I’m assuming you played that)

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also adds uniqueness and uses to unit.

On a related note, this is why the magic system used in Echoes and 3H should be the standard going forward. No more outdated Tomes.

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Hmmm. Define “useful” (I played on normal btw (cause it was like my 5th fe... okay yeah that’s not an excuse xD) and I know people say Conquest hard is peak fe gameplay so I’m assuming you played that)

I played Conquest on all 3 difficulties, although never finished Lunatic because my younger bro deleted my save file (at ch19 or so iirc)

As for useful, they aren't just a burden who can't hit anything or need 10 hits to do damage.

Let's for example take Odin, usually seen as one of Conquest's worst units. And in my normal and hard runs i benched him, yet on Lunatic thanks to his relative tankiness he was a bit reliable. Also see Mekka's CQ Lunatic LP he just finished.

Also Odin gives you Ophelia, which is Lys levels of strong.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On a related note, this is why the magic system used in Echoes and 3H should be the standard going forward. No more outdated Tomes.

Hard agree.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Definitely agree.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I played Conquest on all 3 difficulties, although never finished Lunatic because my younger bro deleted my save file (at ch19 or so iirc)

That’s evil 😭😭

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

As for useful, they aren't just a burden who can't hit anything or need 10 hits to do damage.

Does this count if they’re trained up those issues go away or do you mean at base? Cause most fe6 units can contribute when trained up, at least on normal I think

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Cause most fe6 units can contribute when trained up

If you can train em up

They are blind and can't deal damage, in my experience.

Not to mention the lord himself is a burden. No matter how you train him he is useless

Edited by Shrimperor

Sacred light tome weapon is an S rank.

Only units that can use light magic in this game are promoted clerics/priests.

They start with D rank in light magic.

Saul promoted a chapter ago.

And there’s an arena here. You know what that means...