• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Sacred light tome weapon is an S rank.

Only units that can use light magic in this game are promoted clerics/priests.

They start with D rank in light magic.

Saul promoted a chapter ago.

And there’s an arena here. You know what that means...

It's time to use Yoder!

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Idk about you but i for one will find it hilarious if i get meme'd on by Steve.

Them making poor decisions with the balance patches gets a little old after a while, honestly. 

Like, it's not that complicated. 

Just now, Shrimperor said:

...balancing 80 character is definetly that complicated xD

Eh, not as hard as it seems. For example, pikachu is busted, they could address this. How hard can that be? Nerf something he has! Recovery/combo game/killing potential. He doesn't need it all! Is that hard? Hell no.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If you can train em up

They are blind and can't deal damage, in my experience.

I'd say that every unit, barring the very worst, have merit. Only Wendy is truly completely useless. Sophia is close, but she can work eventually.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Lunatic MVP

And yes, that's unironically

No I agree with you, she is one of the best units in the game IMO but her early game even on normal was just... ouch.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Staff user.

Also Flame Shuriken makes her more deadly than most mages

Oh right I forgot she could use staves 😂

Flame shurikens are why I said early game though, I love me some flame shuriken Felicia.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

It's time to use Yoder!

Why did I not think about him joining with a high rank...

Also going from D to C gave Saul 7 levels so I’ll stop.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Why did I not think about him joining with a high rank...

Also going from D to C gave Saul 7 levels so I’ll stop.

Well no, do whatever you want. Yoder's merely decent, much like many of the lategame prepromoted counterparts of units you get. Good enough, but their trained unpromoted versions will be much better once trained.

Honestly, Ultimate's balance is the best in the series. Melee is centralized around five characters, Brawl has Meta Knight, Smash 4 was mostly fine until the final months when Bayonetta killed the game. 64 is.....uh........I got nothing.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Eh, not as hard as it seems. For example, pikachu is busted, they could address this. How hard can that be? Nerf something he has! Recovery/combo game/killing potential. He doesn't need it all! Is that hard? Hell no.

I'd rather weaker characters get buffed than stronger characters getting nerfed.

And it's also better to nerf specific moves rather than the whole kit. 

But as was mentioned above, we're at 80 characters now and counting. Largest roster in any fighting game. Balancing it ain't gonna be easy.

But at the end of the day, the competitive side of Smash is like 1% of all players.

Just now, Benice said:

Well no, do whatever you want. Yoder's merely decent, much like many of the lategame prepromoted counterparts of units you get. Good enough, but their trained unpromoted versions will be much better once trained.

I really want Saul to get S tank but I don’t want him to be overleveled... hmmm do you know at what chapter the last arena in the game is?

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

I really want Saul to get S tank but I don’t want him to be overleveled... hmmm do you know at what chapter the last arena in the game is?

Ch. 20 Ilia, I believe. Also, use Juno! Save every stat booster for her!

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I'd say that every unit, barring the very worst, have merit. Only Wendy is truly completely useless. Sophia is close, but she can work eventually.

See? That's where our philosphies clash.

Having a merit =/= Unit useful. 

We can even see it in the way we played Berwick. I insta dropped units like Esteban, Ruby and Christine, and they are too weak for my tastes and i see no merit in training them.

I like my growth units, as for example i trained Enid as she came with a sword that allowed me to train her, but if you are gonna make my life a pain, i am not using you.

Wanna see what game did growth units right? FE5. Sarah appears late game lvl1, but she comes with Paragon/Adept/Wrath/Miracle, which makes training her fun, even if it requires effort. It doesn't make your life a pain.

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Oh right I forgot she could use staves 😂

How xD

She's the first unit to join you haha

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Flame shurikens are why I said early game though, I love me some flame shuriken Felicia.

And even without Flame shuriken, she can still debuff 😉

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On a related note, this is why the magic system used in Echoes and 3H should be the standard going forward. No more outdated Tomes.

Absolutely. I wouldn’t want it any other way.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

See? That's where our philosphies clash.

Having a merit =/= Unit useful. 

I guess I just have an ironman mindset-You won't always have good units around, so you have to use the merit that each unit has.

I guess I just have an ironman mindset-You won't always have good units around, so you have to use the merit that each unit has.

I don't play ironmans much, especially not on a first run.

But even on ironman, the most such units would do is send em to suicide while my other units do their job.

And most games usually give you enough useful units to do an ironman without your life being a pain.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Absolutely. I wouldn’t want it any other way.

I agree, but I hope they

• Let you see what people will learn
  • And don't do it the way TH did it-I'd rather have it associated with level than proficiency

I doubt that they'll ever go back to old FE, though and will keep it as proficiency. I'm probably the only one sad about that.

I agree, but I hope they

• And don't do it the way TH did it-I'd rather have it associated with level than proficiency

So more like a traditional JRPG, then? Yeah, I wouldn’t be opposed to that either.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

To add to that, make some ''Magic Scrolls'' available where people can learn magic using them.

depends on how they design the game, really.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Anyone else who uses the SF dark theme, is the background behind Sephiran still missing for you as well?

He's still there for me although maybe it's mobile.

I agree, but I hope they

I doubt that they'll ever go back to old FE, though and will keep it as proficiency. I'm probably the only one sad about that.

Actually, proficiency made sense in the context of 3H but I hope 3H is a unique case. Some of it's ideas I'd like to see return, improved upon even, but stuff like "weapon can be used regardless of class" is something I hope isn't just reused.

In general, I'd like a return to traditional Fire Emblem in terms of structure. Even if you don't count Echoes since it's a remake, the last few years, the Fire Emblem games we've been getting all have route splits of some major kind.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But even on ironman, the most such units would do is send em to suicide while my other units do their job.

But if you're playing, say, FE10 and kill off Aran and Tauroneo because Haar can tank, what happens if Haar dies? Haar may be the best of the three, but Aran and Tauroneo could both have done it too-They aren't really expendable. What they can do becomes valuable. Wade becomes good if you need a powerful One-shot archer or axeman, for example.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And most games usually give you enough useful units to do an ironman without your life being a pain.

tbh the only really ironman friendly games are FE3, 11, 12 and somewhat 6. FE8 has a tiny cast, FE7 is weird in how it gives you units, FE10's army system and game over conditions are wack, and FE16 is basically impossible to ironman. (I think that FE5 is also ironman friendly, as long as you're not playing blind.)

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

depends on how they design the game, really.

I really hope they don't keep the class system and customization-I feel like every unit is basically the same more-or-less anyways, and it makes actually designing good difficulty really hard. I don't mind class trees or reclassing a la DSFE, but please no more TH-like stuff...