Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I don't know man. That one HP can be the difference between life and death... the death of your unit.

Maybe not with Idunn herself... or who knows.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't know man. That one HP can be the difference between life and death... the death of your unit.

Maybe not with Idunn herself... or who knows.

Well, she also is 1-range locked, sooo....

Man chapter 20x isn’t even hard, it’s just boring and tedious. Only one more gaiden left to go...

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yep, 15 strength and 20 speed is enough to ORKO-He also needs two boots (I think) to reach Idunn with one turn.

Eh, I don’t need to one turn but yay. Are speed wings a worthy investment for this?

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Idunn certainly gets Hard Mode Bonuses!

...79 HP instead of 78. That's it. She is completely pathetic.

Idunno why they even bothered

(I stole Idunno from gameFAQs btw)

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, she also is 1-range locked, sooo....

OOF.

Considering the context of the stage, Idunn feels more like a wrap-up climax boss. A mere formality. With Yahn feeling more like the actual true final boss, and who should be the harder of the two at the end of things.

Though I suppose that's no reason to not apply a buff anyway.

59 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering the context of the stage, Idunn feels more like a wrap-up climax boss. A mere formality. With Yahn feeling more like the actual true final boss, and who should be the harder of the two at the end of things.

Though I suppose that's no reason to not apply a buff anyway.

Maybe, I suppose I should actually get that far in the game before commenting on it lmao

1 hour ago, Sooks1016 said:

Man chapter 20x isn’t even hard, it’s just boring and tedious. Only one more gaiden left to go...

All the gaidens are terrible. I really hope they change this.

Edited by Benice

Gotta say, the gaiden chapter gimmicks are certainly a fun concept.

Though yeah, Illia's just being a bunch of breakable walls is a bit of a let-down.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

All the gaidens are terrible. I really hope they change this.

Agreed. Well, 8x wasn’t terrible, but people say the boss on hard mode is horrible so who knows. And 12x was actually kind of fun.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Gotta say, the gaiden chapter gimmicks are certainly a fun concept.

Though yeah, Illia's just being a bunch of breakable walls is a bit of a let-down.

Please explain to me how anything in 16x even conceptually is “fun”

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Please explain to me how anything in 16x even conceptually is “fun”

Adds spice to the map. It ain't just "Move units around wherever you wish". Makes you think more on how you plan to move. Once you notice where the arrows never strike, you can add it to your strategies. Like moving a unit to a non-arrow column while baiting an enemy to stand in one that is. Adds more strategy to the SRPG. I find that fun.

An fe6 remake should buff Idunn

A balance patch called Redux exists which balances the game and fixes some issues. Axes, lances and bows have the standard accuracy (+10% more than in the regular game) which makes pretty much everyone usable. Also the difficulty curve doesn't drop halfway in the game. Idoun has serious stats and can even conterattack iirc. I never ever would play regular FE6 again and only play the Redux patch instead.

Itsumade + Kikinora = Angel

Angel + Ogre = Ubelluris

Ubelluris + Erthys (using a cheap Obaryion + Ogre) = Nalagiri

Nalagiri + Gozuki = Tonatiuh with Anger Hit.

Keeping track of this stuff in my head is :KnollRoll:

Did I even need the Tonatiuh? Nope! But I wanted the Omega because Double Extra Turns sounds fun, and Anger Hit on the Tonatiuh greatly improves my chances of getting them. Paired with a physical leader with Marksman and my other Nalagiri, I can in optiomal circumstances get three characters critting everything for Double Extra Turns, ...and dealing so much damage that the Double Extra Turns will be highly unnecessary.

Mighty Hit, which obsoletes Anger Hit because it doesn't have the 50/50 hit rate, is available at this point and the Barbatos it comes on brings Crit Up too, but I forgot about that.😅 

Actually, I will cancel the whole chain above and instead make a Barbatos using a Basilisk + Pyro Jack. Which I'll then liquidate into an Erthys with a Gagyson for Elec Dance. Then I'll use a Makara and a Gozuki to create an Ubelluris, which the Erthys will give me a Nalagiri. And then that Nalagiri will be combined with another Gozuki to get the Tonatiuh with Mighty Hit and Crit Up, plus Elec Dance for something to use its MP on.

And looking ahead, Basilisk + a Lorelei made from an Aeros + Pyro Jack will let me have an Anti-Ice, Ice Dance, Agidyne!Brigid too. Although should I use my rare Agidyne Pyro Jack on the Brigid? Not so sure.

...Now I get what it feels like to be a mad scientist.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Ok i finished the first chapter of Berwick. A few things.

• Gonna have to mess around with the emulation settings next time because i refuse to believe that this 2D sprite game is running worse than the Xenosaga trilogy (well Episode III anyway, Episodes I and II definitely required some changes in the settings to run better).
  • The game really wanted me to use Ward to kill the two bosses huh.
  • The range mechanics make more sense now that i've actually played it for myself.
  • It's way too early to say whether or not i'll like the game. Kaga likes to let the player moderately enjoy themselves before pulling the rug from underneath them (FE3 and Jugdral are the exceptions to this, FE3 is honestly very safe but it was instantly appearant from the start of both FE4 and 5 that the games were not fun). Remember, i actually enjoyed Vestaria Saga until i didn't.
  • What i can definitively say is that i already know i vastly prefer the traditional turn structure of basically any SRPG. I also vastly prefer counterattacking normally instead of it being dependent on speed and whether or not the enemy misses. I know that also applies to the enemy as well and i may get used to it but the traditional turn structure and counterattack rules will always be superior compared to how Berwick does it. I will not budge on this.
Edited by Armagon

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What i can definitively say is that i already know i vastly prefer the traditional turn structure of basically any SRPG. I also vastly prefer counterattacking normally instead of it being dependent on speed and whether or not the enemy misses. I know that also applies to the enemy as well and i may get used to it but the traditional turn structure and counterattack rules will always be superior compared to how Berwick does it. I will not budge on this.

All I can say to this is to keep an open mind. You don't have to like it, but the game does not implement the turn or combat system in a way that is unfair. Heck, I'd say that Berwick is more fair than basically every FE other than maybe FE8. It has a few maps that are just plain awful, but the vast majority are fair. Enemies being blind in Fog of War is such a welcome improvement...

Also: Check enemy skills and equipment. This won't matter so much in the earlygame, but Kaga certainly tells you to check skills and equipment as early on as ch. 2, so be prepared for that, lest an unexpected Counter enemy kill Adel or something.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The game really wanted me to use Ward to kill the two bosses huh.

Generally, I go with Ward-Full charge bonus w/Longspear on the miniboss, then Supporter+Deathmatch with Leon, and the second boss is easy pickings for Dean in my experience.

Then again, I've never used Ward after this map, sooo...

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

All I can say to this is to keep an open mind. You don't have to like it, but the game does not implement the turn or combat system in a way that is unfair.

I don't think the turn order and combat flow is bad (right now anyways), it's definitely a different way of doing things, I just know I vastly prefer the traditional method.

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

so be prepared for that, lest an unexpected Counter enemy kill Adel or something.

I mean, I'll just reload a save state if that happens.

But yeah, I'll keep that in mind. Checking enemy stats and whatnot if SRPG 101 anyway.

Well, it finally happened. A Shiite Jihad against Egypt. Wasn't too hard repelling them considering they aren't as numerous as the Sunni. On that subject, don't know if there was a relation, but the Order of Assassins has spawned. The Hashishin, if you will.

It's the 1080's, the Crusades are almost upon me. Soon...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

image_2020-10-14_233900.png?width=769&he

There is a 40% chance i regret doing this.

Eyy another one! Let's hope for that 60% chance, then.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Btw, since I know everyone has the aim of a Stormtrooper early game, do not blame if I begin to abuse save states.

Eh, fair enough. The game's balanced around the hitrates, but at the end of the day, play in whatever way makes you enjoy the experience more!

(Still, I'd say with saves every 5 turns states shouldn't be needed all that much)

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Gonna have to mess around with the emulation settings next time because i refuse to believe that this 2D sprite game is running worse than the Xenosaga trilogy

Well... They are pretty gorgeous sprites. Gotta give it to 'em.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Then again, I've never used Ward after this map, sooo...

You madman. You madman! The Endgame Beard!