• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's called Project Ember, and it's a hack of FE6. Usually I'm not fond of these "FE6 rebalance" hacks, but this one is a complete graphical overhaul as well as a rebalance, so that piqued my interest. Lance sucks, Wade is better than Lot, Saul is tanky, the armors are fairly decent, Treck is called Trec... It's quite the weird experience, but I like it. I think it improves on FE6's strengths in interesting ways. And it put a door on chapter 8's wall, so you don't have to go all the way around. Thank God.

I would like to see the link. I'm one of the three people in this thread who seems to actually like FE6 so I'm curious on this.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

SAFIYA.

STOP. MISSING. HEALS.

Kaga.jpg

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

She's at B rank staves with 7 skl.

Hmm...

This is the formula: [Staff accuracy + (4 x Skill)] %

What's the staff accuracy?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Maybe I'm an idiot, but the staff hit rate isn't listed. I'm using the Exile patch.

I think every staff has 60 hit, so she has 88 hit with Heal

Indeed. I feel like the Thracia remake should keep staff accuracy but have it also be effected by authority stars, etc. so they reach 100 easier. Having some more powerful staves have lower hit and one 100% accurate heal staff would be nice too, I guess.

Edited by Benice

Just now, Benice said:

Indeed. I feel like the Thracia remake should keep staff accuracy but have it also be effected by authority stars, etc. so they reach 100 easier.

Really, staves shouldn't even be RNG-dependent. They weren't before Thracia, and they haven't been since. There's a reason for that.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Really, staves shouldn't even be RNG-dependent. They weren't before Thracia, and they haven't been since. There's a reason for that.

It increases the amount of ways they can use staves, though. Thracia's implementation of it ain't good, but they could in other ways.

Also, the Torch staff should not be capped at 99 hit when every other staff can hit 100. That's just BS.

How so? Missing heals only leads to frustration for the player.

It's a very niche method, but missing heals/staff uses does still increase staff rank, and that can be used on a low skill staffer to gain Warp access more quickly.

Just now, Spara said:

It's a very niche method, but missing heals/staff uses does still increase staff rank, and that can be used on a low skill staffer to gain Warp access more quickly.

Small benefit for what is ultimately an annoyance more than anything else, imo.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

First off, being able to actually reach 100% hit easier. Missing heals is less of a problem if the player can do something about it.

Second, more powerful staves can have less accuracy, much like other weapon types. For example, they could put things like Fortify in the game a lot more often if they could balance it by not making it 100% reliable and instead giving other, weaker items more reliability. (Or having different types, such as a less accurate Fortify and more accurate fortify) And also, skill has a reason to exist!

There are better ways to make staves more interesting, but if the Thracia remake wants to keep mechanics like this, it would be nice to see 'em do something with it.

I have a speed ring, a shield ring, Hezel's scroll

ELIMINE DANGIT NO IT DID THE TRIPLE POST

Uh, which one is Hezel's scroll? 'Cause I don't think I have it...

Edited by Benice

Just now, Armagon said:

Just don't make heals RNG period. If you have an offensive staff like Berserk or something, then I get it but heals? Nah.

Agreed. The negatives far outweigh the potential benefits.

20 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If Benice’s dream of Kaga coming back comes true, we’ll start missing vulneraries 😛