Luigi's Mansion

General Spoon

Luigi's Mansion was overall a fairly decent game. I enjoyed it, but it could have done with a lot more content and depth. I'm still waiting for the definitive Luigi game. :(

IIRC, this game was one of the rare instances where there is more content in the EU version. But from what I remember it was lacking a 60Hz option* (I'll go check) meaning the US version was still better in some aspects :( (thankfully for the most part NOE has bothered with 60Hz options...if we ignore the virtual console)

My gameplay of the game didn't extend beyond the first couple of rooms. From what I played it felt like a typical first party Nintendo title in the sense the controller actually works well with it (since it is likely that game had some influence on the controller design). Also, I could see the controls being fairly well converted to the Wii...i'm not fond of Nintendo's Play on Wii series (16:9 + 480p verisons of classic gamecube games is great until you get to the "no gamecube controls" part and the price part of course) but I think Luigi's Mansion deserves a second chance. Especilly now that it won't have the spotlight. At gamecube launch it was like "Where is Mario?" and "btw, Luigi's Mansion will last you about 6 hours".

*-Better framerate or should I say the correct framerate (the framerate you get in Ameirca and Japan...you-know how the game was designed to be played)...the best you can hope for with a game in 50Hz is it being jerkier but usually it is both jerkier and slower.

It's a solid game, but pretty bare bones if you ask me. Could've been better had they implemented more into it. Got boring at certain points because of being so plain. :/

But overall, it's still a decent game (mostly because the main character is Luigi). They should create a sequel-of-sorts for the Wii.

.i'm not fond of Nintendo's Play on Wii series (16:9 + 480p verisons of classic gamecube games is great until you get to the "no gamecube controls" part and the price part of course)

All I've heard is stuff about Nintendo's upcoming stuff, for Pikmin, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Donky Kong Jungle Beat, and Mario Power Tennis (Golf too). Got any more information, or is it just a European kinda thing? either way time to check some release threads

All I've heard is stuff about Nintendo's upcoming stuff, for Pikmin, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Donky Kong Jungle Beat, and Mario Power Tennis (Golf too). Got any more information, or is it just a European kinda thing? either way time to check some release threads

Ah sorry. Luigi's Mansion hasn't been confirmed in any way, its just wishful thinking on my part...in fact none of the games you mention have been confirmed for Europe at all :( (about half of them have been semi-confirmed for America through ESRB ratings).

Unless you meant the 480p and 16:9 in which case footage and screenshots confirm.

I looked up what the content differences in the EU version of Luigi's Mansion are. Basically hidden mansion is mirrored (including Luigi you can get bet their ass they recycled this for Zelda: TP :P *), it is harder (more enemies, stronger, less health) and rankings have been tweeked (you can't get an A rank in normal mansion** only hidden mansion as they've added some extra money in the hidden mansion).

*-The entire world and Link are mirrored between gamecube and Wii, including Link. Link is left-handed in gamecube version but right-handed in Wii version.

**-EU requirement is 150 million and of course you can at most get 142.4 million in regular mansion.

Ah sorry. Luigi's Mansion hasn't been confirmed in any way, its just wishful thinking on my part...in fact none of the games you mention have been confirmed for Europe at all sad.gif (about half of them have been semi-confirmed for America through ESRB ratings).

Damn... glad I'm still in America, but at the rate Nintendo is going, actually trying to kill homebrew (what the fuck with the whenever-we-feel-like updating)... Europeans are going to have hell with imports of any kind, as if they didn't have the trouble before >.>

It was a pretty awesome game.

I rented it at Block Buster when I was little and I couldn't beat the evil baby guy. So I got upset and hated the game.

Then I bought it when I was older and I loved it!!

I've beaten it..twice I think.

At gamecube launch it was like "Where is Mario?" and "btw, Luigi's Mansion will last you about 6 hours".

Actually, I usually beat it in 2 hours.... The fact it was so short is probably it's main problem. It seemed all the beginning Gamecube games seemed sort of short....

Damn... glad I'm still in America, but at the rate Nintendo is going, actually trying to kill homebrew (what the fuck with the whenever-we-feel-like updating)... Europeans are going to have hell with imports of any kind, as if they didn't have the trouble before >.>

Thing is Nintendo has always had the ability to do that. I seem to remember the Wii shop DNS redirects peoeple did back at launch to make a psudeo internet channel out of the Wii Shop stopped working one day without updates...yeah, they didn't have the authority though. As for Europeans. I'm not sure auto-updating is actually legal here. In any case the EULA for Europe has seen no change.

Actually, I usually beat it in 2 hours...

On your first play through?

Good times with the Gamecube. I enjoyed this game like no other, and still do on occasion. Part of me wants to keep trying to get the gold-framed portraits for every ghost.

Also, Luigi's comments about how dirty the mansion is when you scan with the Gameboy Horror. Those were definitely a nice touch. XD

Also, Luigi's comments about how dirty the mansion is when you scan with the Gameboy Horror. Those were definitely a nice touch. XD

I actually enjoyed his comments about the tacky stuff more. "I wouldn't exactly call that art..." Good times. Good times.

Am I the only one, though, who loves whistling the theme from this? It's so contagious--just like Bridge on the River Kwai. The only problem is that so few people know it.

I actually enjoyed his comments about the tacky stuff more. "I wouldn't exactly call that art..." Good times. Good times.

Am I the only one, though, who loves whistling the theme from this? It's so contagious--just like Bridge on the River Kwai. The only problem is that so few people know it.

lol!

i've been like that ever since i played the game!

XD

the theme is quite catchy, isn't it? i never got tired of hearing it!

lol!

i've been like that ever since i played the game!

XD

the theme is quite catchy, isn't it? i never got tired of hearing it!

Very catchy. The other thing I love to do, though, is while whistling it every once and awhile just randomly shouting out "Mario!" the way he does it in the game. You get some rather interesting reactions.

Very catchy. The other thing I love to do, though, is while whistling it every once and awhile just randomly shouting out "Mario!" the way he does it in the game. You get some rather interesting reactions.

lol! awesome!

you know what? i was thinking that Luigi should have his own franchise. Enough of being Mario's eternal shadow! we need more Luigi!

his games could all have the sort of creepy vibe that Luigi's Mansion has, making them more distinct and arguably much better than the Mario games!

<3