Micaiah

Knife

She tends to be one of the game's worst characters overall IMO.

She has late story promotions (probably the last character to reach 2nd tier in the Dawn Brigade, out of the ones you use ofc., and definitely the last character you'll be using to reach 3rd tier.)

She generally does pretty lackluster damage against everything but armored and mounted units.

Can't double most enemies even at max speed in the endgame.

Needs constant protection (more than any Sage. Hell atleast Soren has a great support with Ike to fall back on.)

On the bright side, she does come with an A rank support with Sothe, and is much better than Ilyana (though thats not saying much.)

Basically she's not much more than a healer once she promotes to 2nd tier. That applies double for the endgame. Of course unlimited purge is also an option for the endgame, but she'll probably be healing for the most part.

She tends to be one of the game's worst characters overall IMO.

She has late story promotions (probably the last character to reach 2nd tier in the Dawn Brigade, out of the ones you use ofc., and definitely the last character you'll be using to reach 3rd tier.)

She generally does pretty lackluster damage against everything but armored and mounted units.

Can't double most enemies even at max speed in the endgame.

Needs constant protection (more than any Sage. Hell atleast Soren has a great support with Ike to fall back on.)

On the bright side, she does come with an A rank support with Sothe, and is much better than Ilyana (though thats not saying much.)

Basically she's not much more than a healer once she promotes to 2nd tier. That applies double for the endgame. Of course unlimited purge is also an option for the endgame, but she'll probably be healing for the most part.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. She's only useful in part 1 cause of Thani one rounding mounted knights and armored knights. Past that and she can't oneround anything except untransformed laguz (which most of your characters should be able to anyways). She's awesome as a healer in endgame but any stave user can be awesome if they can use physic. If she wasn't forced, I probably wouldn't use her much.

She's terrible. She has late promotions, shit defense, and laughable speed, meaning she needs constant protection. As for a commander for most of her playtime, she has no leadership stars, dragging down the Fail Brigade and whoever is with her in 4-P and 4-3. On the plus side, she has Thani that can possibly one-shoot horse/armor units, and she starts with a not-so-bad A Support with Sothe. Her Magic, Luck, and Resistance are monstrous (she usually caps luck before even reaching 3rd tier). But her high resistance means very little until 4-E-4, because before then, majority of the enemies aren't magic users.

I quite like her... Her speed can be a little problematic at times, but she, along with her Valni has saved me in Hard Mode on several occasions, one-shotting rock-hard Armours and Cavaliers. She may not be able to double them, but one hit is all she needs.

Micaiah rarely ever double-hits things, and while that can be seen as a bad thing it can come as a sign that other people can finish those guys off for her so that they can gain experience. But still, Micaiah's on the slow side and is really easy to kill, so she's best left hanging around healing stuff once she promotes.

She's pretty bad though she does have some highlights. Early on the Thani is definitely helpful for one-shotting or at leas taking massive chunk out of the early game horsies. It's less useful later one cause she can't one shot, (let alone one round, since she can't double) them even on Normal mode

Her durability is rather low, but once she gets the Nosferatus book (which she has very little competition for) it helps boost it as long as she doesn't get one rounded. (Which is possible.) She might not be able to double but with her high magic and low HP she'll be able to recover her HP to pretty much full.

She's certainly not one of my favourite units.

She's not that bad, as she can really dish out some major hits and take magic like it's nothing, but she's often too slow to double much and her durability is incredibly pathetic (Case in point: Chapter 9 Steel Bow Archers = OHKO).

She's kinda unique as a Lord for having both the earliest and the latest promotion in all FE games (tied with Roy on latest if you miss a Divine weapon). Which is a bad thing. As Zephyr said, she hasn't got much competition for Light magic tomes, and you can make do with just buying one Light in Part 1 and using dropped/free weapons for the rest, so at least you're not really paying for her weapons. Make sure if you've used all the Purge tome you've got a SS rank for Rexaura, as the extra defence is quite significant for her.

Thani loses it's overpoweredness after Part 1 due to a severe lack of Beorc enemies, but I think it comes into it's own in the Final, since off the bat she can attack the Generals easily for an almost guaranteed level up upon the kill (Sothe can always weaken them, since you always have space for him) - combined with some Heron Galdr to attack more she can usually have enough endurance for anything but Red Dragons or going to close to the bulk of the army in 4-F-2 for the remainder, since there's a lot of magic enemies after that.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

She's not some invincible beast who can rip through everything, but she is useful. She has decently good offense despite terrible speed because double attacking in general is hard to do (at least on hard mode), and she has high mag, great hit, and hits res, and she does an extra 16 damage on armors and horses. Then she has staves + high mag in part 3 on, which is especially useful when you have only one other staff user.

I think Micaiah is very useful in Part 1. You have to protect her a lot, but her offense against armoured knights is insane at the beginning.

But in Part 3 in which you have to fight lots of laguz, she's pretty useless except for healing. And if you're unlucky, she's doubled by tigers (which isn't that important because she dies from the first hit anyway, but it's still awful).

And in the final chapters, her offense is lol, so she always ends up being my healer. ;_;

What people can't seem to grasp is that she isn't a frontliner and in their minds that means that character sucks.

She's far from suck, she's good. She'll rarely miss on attacks and will put a sizable dent on enemies and can pretty much 1 round horses and armors until part 4. It only gets better when she promotes since she has a C rank in staves which means physic spam and due to her high magic she'll be able to reach anyone who needs some help. In this FE blinded people are biased against her because she isn't a GM and is a traditional mage, one who won't survive in the frontlines. But you expect her to be near invincible against mages and spirits.

tl;dr: Micaiah's a mage, keep her away from danger, spam staves and she'll never let you down.

She's underrated. She's very useful until endgame where she falls behind in usefulness. Heavy hitter, healer, auto A support. Terrible defensively, but that's why you keep her away from the front lines.

And watch her miss out on CEXP.

She's insanely good at healing. I gave her 2 Physics at endgame and thats the only time i ever had her heal. She went all the way to S in staves during endgame, and she nearly got SS. That's pretty good considering I beat 4-E-2 and 4-E-3 in 2 turns.

On a side note, I gave her that Discepline you get in 1-3 but that's still pretty good.