Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

Have you ever had any pets? If so, what were they (cat, dog, fish, etc.) and what were their names?

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

What are your top 3 most favourite game companies? For this question's purposes, any subsidiaries like Intelligent Systems should be combined with their main company (so Nintendo in the case of Intelligent Systems)

Well, Nintendo of course! I couldn't imagine what life would be like without Nintendo games. After that, I'd probably say Valve because I adore TF2. Haven't played many of their other games, but they still rank highly for me. Finally, I'd go with Eidos Interactive because the Hitman series is one of my favorites.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever made or thought up any OCs (original characters) before? (It can be from either an existing series or a series you made up yourself) If yes, what is your most favourite OC creation like, looks-wise, ability-wise, and personality-wise?

On 9/24/2020 at 10:39 PM, indigoasis said:

Have you ever had any pets? If so, what were they (cat, dog, fish, etc.) and what were their names?

I never had any pets personally, but my parents used to have 2 birds named Cheepy and Ivy (an orange bird and a yellow bird, respectively. I don't know their species) decades ago. One of my younger brothers used to have a pet beta (a dark red fish), though it died 3-5 months after he first got it.

What class did you learn the most from in high school or college? Do you still use that knowledge today?

19 hours ago, Randoman said:

Have you ever made or thought up any OCs (original characters) before? (It can be from either an existing series or a series you made up yourself) If yes, what is your most favourite OC creation like, looks-wise, ability-wise, and personality-wise?

One of my personal favorite character creators in video games is probably Xenoblade Chronicles X. I remember messing around making characters in there all the time. One of my favorite characters that I've made in there is a character that I would name Avalon. They had blonde hair and blue eyes (great imagination, I know), were tall, and I often gave them the "Shulk" hairstyle in the game.

Since then, I've developed the character a bit more for a story that I have in mind. Their full name is Avalon Victoria (not including a middle name because I haven't thought of one yet), and they've been disowned by their family. The Victoria family in the world of my story has about the same amount of recognition as the Kennedy's in our world. Avalon is still blonde, but they have green eyes this time! They have a fairly androgynous appearance, and are very attractive (to men and women alike). I plan on making them one of two main characters. Something interesting that I've thought about for them is that they're the descendant of their namesake, who created the world's biggest chasm that split California and Texas in half (so it runs from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico, and also separates Arizona and New Mexico from the rest of the country). The chasm actually runs to the very core of the Earth, so anyone who falls in never comes back.

What are some of your favourite personality archetypes in fiction? (Eg: the idealist, the mentor, the good guy who sometimes cross the line, the redeemed villain, etc.)

On 9/28/2020 at 11:59 AM, indigoasis said:

What class did you learn the most from in high school or college? Do you still use that knowledge today?

I suppose it'd be Computer Applications from my Building/CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) Design program from college. It taught me a lot of the basics of AutoCAD, that I used frequently in my drafting based jobs that I had in the past. My current job isn't AutoCAD based (so I'm technically not using that knowledge these days), but hopefully one day, when the AutoCAD department of my workplace needs more staff, I'll be able to have an AutoCAD based job once more.

What is your favorite song? Feel free to list more than one if you've got multiple.

What are some of your favourite personality archetypes in fiction? (Eg: the idealist, the mentor, the good guy who sometimes cross the line, the redeemed villain, etc.)

I'd probably have to go with morally gray characters as some of my favorites. There's a lot you can do with them, and they would probably be the most "human" out of any archetype that I know of. You have your typical good guys and bad guys, of course, but what would happen if there was a person that had a bad goal in mind? A bad person with a good goal in mind? I'm still a sucker for your typical do-gooder heroes, and the heroes that have a hard lot in life (Peter Parker and Natsuki Subaru come to mind). I also really enjoy when there's a good villain in a story.

I think one of my most notable characters that are fairly morally gray would be Arvis from FE4. I also absolutely love his character design, but his character itself also really shines through. He's not necessarily a "bad" person, but he'll do what he must to reach his goals, no matter the cost. Of course, this ultimately comes back to bite him in the end, even after some do-gooding to counter his son's actions, but it's nice to see an antagonist that isn't just pure evil.

Another character that I really like is Agent 47 from the Hitman series. Obviously, he's a hitman, but his targets are typically people who have done some kind of bad or evil thing most of the time. He's a contracted killer doing it for the money (or to rescue someone "close" to him in the cases of Silent Assassin and Absolution), so he's definitely not clean either, but he's the protagonist of his games and the person you play as, so the player is bound to make some kind of connection with him, despite his anti-hero status. This is starting to get a bit long as it is, so I'll stop here, but I could probably go all day talking about this kind of stuff.

Why not?

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

What's your beverage of choice?

This might sound bland, but it's water. It's really the only thing I drink besides milk and the rare but occasional fruit juice. I don't like soda because I don't like the fizz (that, and I know it's unhealthy). Alcoholic drinks are out of the question because 1. I'm not 21 yet, and 2. I know how it can affect people's behavior and, well... everything, really. I'd rather stay sound of mind at all times possible if I can help it.

Do you have any video games that most people dislike heavily but you like a lot?

21 hours ago, indigoasis said:

What is your favorite song? Feel free to list more than one if you've got multiple.

That's a really tough one, even if I am allowed to pick multiple songs. I generally favour video game music, and I've got tons of favourites in that genre. I guess I'll go with songs that I currently "mentally" play in my head rather often, which would be "CROWNED" from Kirby's Return to Dream Land and "Void Termina Phase 4" from Kirby Star Allies.

If you could go anywhere in the world for vacation or to live, where would you go?

Do you have any video games that most people dislike heavily but you like a lot?

A great question that's tough to answer! I've never really paid much mind to what other people think concerning video games. If I had to take a guess, Fates: Birthright might be a contender. Another game that I have that people don't like much is Need for Speed: Payback. Personally, I enjoyed my time playing the game, but I can understand why others wouldn't have. Same deal with NFS 2015; I liked it, but I know why others didn't.

What inspired you to make your SF username Wraith?

22 hours ago, indigoasis said:

If you could go anywhere in the world for vacation or to live, where would you go?

I'm pretty content and attached to where I live, currently. Though in terms of a vacation, I would like to go to the Philippines once again, since that's where I was born and I've got plenty of cousins and extended family there.

11 hours ago, Wraith said:

But why?

You see, there is a disturbance in the space-time continuum caused by the avoidance of my use of the S-support mechanic in three houses that is related to my current disdain of the game and compared to how Berwick has a much more visionary look compared to this worshoipped game, it arouses the greatest fury and fire from deep within me.

Who is your favorite 80's and/or 90's band?

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

How did you discover your favorite video game series?

One day, a little over a year ago, I asked what the Neptunia series is, and Shrimpy and Armagon recommended that I give Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 a shot.
I did, and now here we are!

---

How did you discover Fire Emblem?

Who are some of your favourite ugly characters in fiction?

15 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Got any plans for Halloween?

I'm afraid not. Even if there was no coronavirus, my family hasn't celebrated Halloween in a long time.

I'm not sure if this is related enough to your question, but I do have a friend who's birthday is on October 29 (pretty close to Halloween), and I would want to celebrate her birthday, even if it's just me treating her out to a restaurant. But with her parents being really paranoid about coronavirus and not letting her out of the house for non-work reasons, I sadly won't be able to do that.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

How did you discover Fire Emblem?

I first became familiar with FE characters through Smash Bros., and saw that both Chrom and Lucina were from a 3DS game called Fire Emblem: Awakening. After researching about the game online, I downloaded it and played it twice through in the course of a single week. I've been hooked on the series ever since.

@DragonFlames When did you discover you wanted to write?

Ninja'd

Edited by twilitfalchion

23 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Who is that in your profile picture? What are they from?

Time for some strangely overcomplicated explications! Uh, minor Berwick Saga spoilers up until ch. 3, by the way.

Spoiler

Well, one of my favorite characters of all time is Faye, from Berwick saga. She is a lot like Ike, in that she is fighting to avenge her father, who was defeated by his former student. (he has the holy blade of Vajra, which is basically alondite/the BK's armor, since only the sister blade of Vajra, Vitra, can pierce his defenses.) In Berwick Saga, this figure is known as Chaos, who is a hooded figure. In the older drafts of the story, however, Chaos was supposed to be Faye's sister who turned evil. Her portrait is in the files of the game, (Berwick has, like, a billion unused portraits) and I figured since it's the spookiest time of the year that I may as well use her as my pfp.

What was your first FE?

NINJA'D

Would you want the next FE to be a sequel to Three Houses, a remake or a new entry?

Edited by Benice

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Would you want the next FE to be a sequel to Three Houses, a remake or a new entry?

A new entry. As much as I'd also like a remake, I'd rather see a new game entirely.

How did you discover FE?