Deathbattle: Fire Emblem or not - Round 27: Hilda

MisterIceTeaPeach

Hilda  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Hilda

• Three Houses
    • Pokémon

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/16/2021 at 04:00 AM

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claude’s ideals are by far the ones I most agree with. That just doesn’t mean he’s a very great character, “racism bad” isn’t exactly a deep and nuanced message.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Claude’s ideals are by far the ones I most agree with. That just doesn’t mean he’s a very great character, “racism bad” isn’t exactly a deep and nuanced message.

''Racism bad'' isn't the only thing Claude has. There's the mistrust, cowardice, and thirst for knowledge.

Not to mention ''Racism bad'' is pretty strong in a racism filled society. That, and we still suffer from racism to this day.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

''Racism bad'' isn't the only thing Claude has. There's the mistrust, cowardice, and thirst for knowledge.

Yeah I know, I was exaggerating a bit.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Not to mention ''Racism bad'' is pretty strong in a racism filled society. That, and we still suffer from racism to this day.

Yes, but that doesn’t make the message any... deeper? Maybe it’s because I think it’s really obvious, but clearly not everyone agrees, so...

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Maybe it’s because I think it’s really obvious

I wish it was. There are countless idiots out there who think racism is ok or deny that it's even a thing.

And it's everywhere. 

People like Claude, those with parents from different countries or growing up in different places are seen as outsiders every-fucking-where.

So no, it's not obvious. Especially when you consider the story setting where it's seen as normal to shun outsiders.

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I wish it was. There are countless idiots out there who think racism is ok or deny that it's even a thing.

And it's everywhere. 

People like Claude, those with parents from different countries or growing up in different places are seen as outsiders every-fucking-where.

So no, it's not obvious. Especially when you consider the story setting where it's seen as normal to shun outsiders.

Which is why I said, it’s because I think so. From my perspective and point of view it’s pretty cut and dry, and I know it isn’t obvious to others, I know, but that doesn’t really help my opinion of fictional characters who are against it.

I’m voting for Three Houses despite the fact that I don’t know the other guy, even though I told myself I wouldn’t do that. Three Houses, man.

Hmmm, I hate 3H Hubert.

But Hubert from ToG also killed me alot when i tried so desperately to beat him in Lhant, soooo yeah.

ToG Hubert it is.

Edited by lightcosmo