Your headcanons for anything FE-related!

henrymidfields

On 12/2/2020 at 4:32 PM, Samz707 said:

Hector's wife died due to an accidental "Critical hit" while they were together one night.

DJ Hector: Suffering from Success

21 hours ago, Samz707 said:

In every FE game with the "Wo Dao" it is a foreign imported Sword from a fictionalized version of Japan. (Wasn't aware this was actually confirmed in New Mystery somewhat when I was googling it to check I spelt it right so the headcanon is more that it's this in every FE continuity with it.)

Glorious Hoshidan steel, folded over 1000 times!

Anyway, here's mine: Seals, in Three Houses, function as a kind of test, or puzzle. You need to press the right buttons (think Scantron), based on questions on an associated test paper. If you get enough right, the seal opens, and gives the test-taker the power (and clothing) associated with their new class. That's why there's a chance to fail - and students writing on paper, in the cutscenes? Think scratch paper, like when you're solving a math problem.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bramimond actually just suffers from a severe form of  Dementia, hence them rambling about random unrelated stuff from FE7 such as the seals in Heroes as they aren't actually aware where they are half the time.

Bramimond says he's going to die soon when Anthos is dying because he actually used almost all of his own Quintessence to revive Ninian since the spell required so much that to perform such a nearly impossible act effectively killed him.

Byleth isn't actually emotionless.

In order to cope with the food issues it faced, Valentia started trading with Archanea/other continents with maybe the White wing sisters putting in a good word how they weren't savages in Valentia. (Since at least the harbor town in Archanea believed they were.)

Knights take extra damage from magic due to their heavy armor as heavy metal armor doesn't exactly help against fire or getting zapped by lightning.

Hawkeye's massive defense is due to the sheer strength of his pecs so much so that swords simply bounce off them.

The Mani Katti/Sol Katti were held onto by Bern after acquiring them after the fighting in Sacae/Ostia, however they were unable to draw them out of their scabbards and were forced to just store them locked away somewhere, unable for any of their troops to wield them.

Ereshkigal was either destroyed, taken away by a curious Canas (And either lost in the snowstorm that killed him or hidden away by him or Niime after his death.) or sealed away like the legendary weapons after the events of FE7 with it's location unknown. 

Edited by Samz707

The reason Inigo named his daughter Soleil was because she reminds him of the time when he saw the sun for the first time when he traveled back to the past. She also reminds him of his mother who he considers a light of his. He smiles as a way to make things brighter in a dark world and that’s what his daughter is to him. A bright sun that shines in the darkness to keep him moving forward. Because Soleil means sun in french.

Edited by Ottservia

Zelgius had a thing for Miccy, which led him to always show up and act with a very chivalrous demeanor towards her. Like the lines: "Maiden. I shall be your shield. Remain by my side...Maiden, stay by me. I will not let them harm you."

Gatrie actually tried to hit on a tree with a skirt one time. He became delusional from his loneliness and ended up getting married to the tree.

Yes, that one is actually a fanfic, but you can't convince me it didn't happen. xD

Hector doesn't have a brain. He has a candle inside his head that burns brighter and brighter when he gets angry. It was because of him that the phrase "hot-head" gained in popularity in Elibe.

Greil was growing increasingly senile around the time of PoR, which led him to forget what the weapon triangle was when fighting the Black Knight.

Edited by twilitfalchion

You know how at the beginning of Fates Corrin wakes up from a dream?

Well that was actually a dream inside his dream and the whole thing is the inner machinations of his mind while he was blackout drunk one night, before randomly appearing at a Denny’s the following morning.

Edited by Sooks

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You know how at the beginning of Fates Corrin wakes up from a dream?

Well that was actually a dream inside his dream and the whole thing is the inner machinations of his mind while he was blackout drunk one night, before randomly appearing at a Denny’s the following morning.

That would explain why Fates makes as much sense as it does. Perfection. 😛

2 hours ago, Samz707 said:

Bramimond says he's going to die soon when Anthos is dying because he actually used almost all of his own Quintessence to revive Ninian since the spell required so much that to perform such a nearly impossible act effectively killed him.

wait, thats not canon?

--------------------------------------------

Since losing soul equal to losing emotion in FE6,.. Bramimond actually have more than one soul within him.  Bramimond emotion was unstable at first and keep changing because of that, but then gradually controlled to becomes  reflecting what other person he/her was facing
Maybe his/her lover dying in the beginning of scouring event and tried to revive them but the spell not perfect unlike with the time with ninian, thus gone wrong and absorb the soul instead. after perfecting the spell  bramimond can live very long enough and even revive ninian because have denser/multiple soul than average people

st. Elimine is jealous/angry towards Hartmut for sparing Idunn, thus keep telling any priest/bishop that dragon must be driven away if they happen to found one after her passing, deep in the church teaching. (hence yoder so fervently searching for dragon info) while other heroes in their respective nation already satisfied as long as conflict stopped thus only passing stories about dragon like some bedstories.

Long-time lurker, first time poster. 

Alfonse and Sharena are Chrom and Olivia's other children, born between Lucina and Inigo. In Lucina's future they died before they could travel back in time.  (And yes, Gustav is Chrom's real name. He is just so embarrassed by it that he goes by Chrom instead.) Going off of that, most of the families had more children, but not all of them lived. Henriette is Olivia, but with dyed hair and over 15 years of being a queen and a mother under her belt. She's far less shy due to these life-changes, making her seeming like a different person from her youth. Right now, I have Veronika as M!Robin and F!Corrin's daughter, but that family tree is pretty confusing, so I'm not sure how I'll straighten it out just yet...

Naga actually supported Chrom's father's genocide against Grima. Not because she was evil, but she knew more pain would come if Grima was successful in returning. Sadly, she didn't foresee her actions actually helping Grima's case. Looking to stop the genocide, Emmeryn assassinated her father. No one but Frederick, Emmeryn, and Phila know about this, and no one will ever tell Chrom or Lissa. 

Chrom's father was a blond and his mother was the blue-nette. 

All of the Divine Dragons (and probably all of the Manakete in general) are children of Sothis. Divine Dragons like Naga, Mila, and Duma are some of the oldest and have inherited some of Sothis' powers, which allows them to live on after death in a way, and control the flow of time to an extent. Which means that yes, 

[THREE HOUSES SPOILERS]

Spoiler

Rhea and co are Naga's baby siblings. And yes, I am trying to build a Heroes team out of this idea.

I don't have an explanation for Anankos, but I imagine he's more like Sothis than Naga and the others. 

Magvel and the Valla are one and the same, and Sacred Stones takes place right before Fates: Revelation does. In this, Valla is the name of the world and Magvel is the name of the continent. Azura doesn't know all of this though, since she left quite young. Also, Azura is the older sibling of Eirika and Ephraim. (In a more combined head-canon/fan-fiction idea, where Grado is combined with Nohr, I have Lyon, Leo, and Camilla as full-blooded siblings, and the two boys as fraternal twins. Selena (Sacred Stones) is also Elise's mother.) 

I'm undecided on what to do with Rowan and Lianna from Heroes as well. Part of me wants to put them down as twin children of Lissa and siblings of Owain, but I'm not sure how that'd fit in with their current backstory. I feel like I'd have to ship Lissa with Robin for that to happen, and I already have multiple ships for Robin and love me some Henry x Lissa. I'll probably just leave them alone (and I can't STAND Rowan's hair). 

Other random family stuff:

Randall is most likely Kaze's son.

Elise is the mother of Ophelia and Midori. 

In a world where Ryoma and Camilla marry, Yuzu is their daughter.

I'm still not sure what to do with Poe. Part of me likes her being Hilda's illegitimate sister who was raised separately, but I feel like that'd ruin who both Poe and Hilda are. 

Knoll is Lyon's half-brother.

I have a completely separate, head-canon, fan-fictiony world where the second generation of Fates actually takes place at Garrag Mach. Characters' backstories would need to be changed, but it's there. 

Overall there are tons of head-canon ideas that I have, but I really don't have time to share them right now...I'll probably post here again, if any spring to mind. 

46 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Long-time lurker, first time poster. 

Welcome to the forest! We hope that you'll have a great day and a nice day!

-The Desaix body double with the Dragon Shield was actually Xane messing around in Valentia (why would Xane work for someone as despicable as Desaix? Well for shits and giggles, Xane's not actually a good guy, he kind of hates humans).

-Eldigan's family line have Holy Blood because Hezul's first heir was born and established before the Miracle of Darna. It just makes sense. The notes say he had many children and that it was his youngest daughter specifically that got the holy blood.

-Speaking of the Miracle of Darna, Medeus (and Mannu) were present at the time. Medeus was on Naga's side at that time and being the last Earth Dragon, he would have kind of been a big deal among the dragons.

-Ursula leaves to do something when she's meant to be searching for Ninian and Nils. It's been pointed out that there should be nothing more crucial to the Black Fang than finding the two of them. So what was she doing? My headcanon is that she was banging some dude for her own entertainment. Just because finding Ninan and Nils is the most important thing to Nergal, doesn't mean it's top of her agenda.

-Cyas is apparently a Bishop of Lopto, not Blaggi or any of the other deities. This makes me believe he dropped Marreta off Dakia because he once knew Salem and was looking for him. But as Salem is a thief (and the map contains fog of war), he couldn't find him and so left her in that one house.

-Priam is a total poser. He doesn't even have a proper Ragnell. No way a legendary sword twice blessed by god would lose it's laser beams in any time frame in which being a descendent of Ike would be meaningful.

Edited by Jotari

16 minutes ago, Jotari said:

My headcanon is that she was banging some dude for her own entertainment. Just because finding Ninan and Nils is the most important thing to Nergal, doesn't mean it's top of her agenda.

I think its pretty clear from how she interacts with Sonia that banging dudes wouldn't be very high on Ursula's agenda. She plays for the other team. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think its pretty clear from how she interacts with Sonia that banging dudes wouldn't be very high on Ursula's agenda. She plays for the other team. 

Dude can be gender neutral!

-Loptous is Medeus's father and King of the Earth Dragons. Because Medeus is only ever referred to as the prince of Earth Dragons, and if there's a prince there must be a king. And Loptous is obviously a big enough deal (being the only other Shadow Drgaon in the series) to be King.

-Camus is too bad ass to require sustenance. Because it's in canon that he floated form one continent to (the opposite side of) another. The fact that he doesn't require food or water and is immune to death by exposure is just the only rationale headcanon (ya'see this is why I think Gaiden should have been an outrealm of Archanea).

Edited by Jotari

57 minutes ago, Jotari said:

-Loptous is Medeus's father and King of the Earth Dragons. Because Medeus is only ever referred to as the prince of Earth Dragons, and if there's a prince there must be a king. And Loptous is obviously a big enough deal (being the only other Shadow Drgaon in the series) to be King.

Actually, it doesn't.

Satan is sometimes called the "Prince of Darkness", which would lead to the question, who if not the Devil would be the King of Darkness? Prince can mean "one who rules a principality". Prince can be the heir to a king or emperor, but it can be a noble or small fry monarchal title. Prince Klemens von Metternich, the conservative mastermind of the post-Napoleon European order, was not a Hapsburg and was granted the title "Prince" by his Austrian lieges, but he wasn't made part of the family. "Prince" can be a catchall for the nobility or any ruler in general too. Machiavelli's The Prince does not refer to a son of a king nor a principality's ruler, he lived in Renaissance Italy, there were very very few kings there, it took the famed Medicis like 100 years before they became dukes, which was a crowning of their power, long after it began.

Therefore, it's possible that while the Divine Dragons get a King/Queen, the Earths settled for a Prince/cess as their leader.

Or, the Japanese term to describe Naga and Medeus are the same, and to call Medeus a Prince as opposed to King is a localization choice made to align with Satan's moniker. We need to examine the script.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Dude can be gender neutral!

im wondering this too before, almost reply but then realize its considered neutral nowadays

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

TMS #FE was just a horrible nightmare which one day I'll wake up from...any minute now. 

but maarrss. theres Fire emblem theme song with vocal near the end! altho thats one of the possible nightmare too...

11 minutes ago, joevar said:

But maarrss. theres Fire emblem theme song with vocal near the end! altho thats one of the possible nightmare too...

*Wraith stares off into nothing while talking*

...I was there joevar...the stream from December 2015...when I first witnessed that last song...my soul has never been wholly human ever since that day... 

Edited by Wraith

12 hours ago, joevar said:

wait, thats not canon?

--------------------------------------------

Since losing soul equal to losing emotion in FE6,.. Bramimond actually have more than one soul within him.  Bramimond emotion was unstable at first and keep changing because of that, but then gradually controlled to becomes  reflecting what other person he/her was facing
Maybe his/her lover dying in the beginning of scouring event and tried to revive them but the spell not perfect unlike with the time with ninian, thus gone wrong and absorb the soul instead. after perfecting the spell  bramimond can live very long enough and even revive ninian because have denser/multiple soul than average people

st. Elimine is jealous/angry towards Hartmut for sparing Idunn, thus keep telling any priest/bishop that dragon must be driven away if they happen to found one after her passing, deep in the church teaching. (hence yoder so fervently searching for dragon info) while other heroes in their respective nation already satisfied as long as conflict stopped thus only passing stories about dragon like some bedstories.

I mean I've seen people say he dies for no reason and I don't think the game explictly states exactly why he's dying but at least to me it seems evident that resurrecting the dead/making Morphs requires Quintessence (and Nergal kills animals/people to get the amount needed for his morphs.) and since Bramimond seems to somewhat be a good guy, he probably doesn't have the amount of Quintessence Nergal stored up plus it's never stated (though I'd imagine it requires alot more and I'd like to be alot since it's kinda silly if it's really easy to ressurct someone in a perma-death setting.) exactly how much more you need to resurrect someone compared to just making the fantasy equivalent of a voice mail. 

Nergal had a bunch of morphs dedicated to domestic stuff like brushing the floors/cooking/pretty much everything that takes away from being evil time.

Edited by Samz707

15 minutes ago, Wraith said:

*Wraith stares off into nothing while talking*

...I was there joevar...the stream from December 2015...when I first witnessed that last song...my soul has never been wholly human ever since that day... 

LOL, my condolences.

Spoiler

FAAAIIIYAAAA EMBUREEEEMMMMM---

15 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

I mean I've seen people say he dies for no reason and I don't think the game explictly states exactly why he's dying but at least to me it seems evident that resurrecting the dead/making Morphs requires Quintessence (and Nergal kills animals/people to get the amount needed for his morphs.) and since Bramimond seems to somewhat be a good guy, he probably doesn't have the amount of Quintessence Nergal stored up plus it's never stated (though I'd imagine it requires alot more and I'd like to be alot since it's kinda silly if it's really easy to ressurct someone in a perma-death setting.) exactly how much more you need to resurrect someone compared to just making the fantasy equivalent of a voice mail. 

Nergal had a bunch of morphs dedicated to domestic stuff like brushing the floors/cooking/pretty much everything that takes away from being evil time.

in my headcanon, he's not exactly good guy, morelike neutral-alignment. the perfect guy for sitting hundreds of years just to make sure seals not broken by mistake because he didnt really care that much what happen elsewhere to get up from that post. Because no one know what is in his mind, or rather minds. you know, plural.

Bramimond is ripe for fanfiction i say.

altho i would choose FE7 to not exist at all for better continuity, gotta wonder tho why nergal not part of divine general when bramimond is despite both use lost dark/ancient magic which seems diabolic in nature

Edited by joevar

1 minute ago, joevar said:

LOL, my condolences.

Reveal hidden contents

FAAAIIIYAAAA EMBUREEEEMMMMM---

in my headcanon, he's not exactly good guy, morelike neutral-alignment. the perfect guy for sitting hundreds of years just to make sure seals not broken by mistake because he didnt really care that much what happen elsewhere to get up from that post. Because no one know what is in his mind, or rather minds. you know, plural.

Bramimond is ripe for fanfiction i say.

altho i would choose FE7 to not exist at all for better continuity, gotta wonder tho why nergal not part of divine general when bramimond is despite both use lost dark/ancient magic which is diabolic in nature

Yeah Bramimond is a bit creepy and such, I ment more among the lines that he probably doesn't set out to kill people/animals to steal their quintessence like Nergal. 

Edited by Samz707

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually, it doesn't.

Satan is sometimes called the "Prince of Darkness", which would lead to the question, who if not the Devil would be the King of Darkness? Prince can mean "one who rules a principality". Prince can be the heir to a king or emperor, but it can be a noble or small fry monarchal title. Prince Klemens von Metternich, the conservative mastermind of the post-Napoleon European order, was not a Hapsburg and was granted the title "Prince" by his Austrian lieges, but he wasn't made part of the family. "Prince" can be a catchall for the nobility or any ruler in general too. Machiavelli's The Prince does not refer to a son of a king nor a principality's ruler, he lived in Renaissance Italy, there were very very few kings there, it took the famed Medicis like 100 years before they became dukes, which was a crowning of their power, long after it began.

Therefore, it's possible that while the Divine Dragons get a King/Queen, the Earths settled for a Prince/cess as their leader.

Or, the Japanese term to describe Naga and Medeus are the same, and to call Medeus a Prince as opposed to King is a localization choice made to align with Satan's moniker. We need to examine the script.

I've considered that but if that's the case he's like thr most ineffective ruler ever if he couldn't convince a single member of his tribe to become a manakete alongside him.

51 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I've considered that but if that's the case he's like thr most ineffective ruler ever if he couldn't convince a single member of his tribe to become a manakete alongside him.

Though you could say an heir to a king is being very ineffective at his job if he couldn't convince anyone either. Theres no excuse for a lack of a good leadership in an heir, since your very title means you're expected to inherit a position of leadership. You couldn't get a single person to defect from he whom you will one day succeed? Considering Medeus's physical age, the aging rate of dragons, and the Archanean timeline,  Medeus should have long been an adult by the time of the internecine draconic warfare, no excuse that he was too young and inexperienced.

7 hours ago, Samz707 said:

I mean I've seen people say he dies for no reason and I don't think the game explictly states exactly why he's dying but at least to me it seems evident that resurrecting the dead/making Morphs requires Quintessence (and Nergal kills animals/people to get the amount needed for his morphs.) and since Bramimond seems to somewhat be a good guy, he probably doesn't have the amount of Quintessence Nergal stored up plus it's never stated (though I'd imagine it requires alot more and I'd like to be alot since it's kinda silly if it's really easy to ressurct someone in a perma-death setting.) exactly how much more you need to resurrect someone compared to just making the fantasy equivalent of a voice mail. 

I'm not sure if Bramimond is using Quintessence to stay alive, nor is Athos.

Athos:
“Ah, Nergal… He took the dragons’ knowledge… He learned the art of stealing the essence from living creatures and turning it into power.

It only says he learned how to steal (Quint)essence, not of its entire existence, but it could be interpreted that he didn't know of Quint' at all until then. This was 500 years prior to FE7's start, so Athos would've already have extended his life for that same length of time. And if Athos didn't know, then Brammy couldn't have either. And thus, in this interpretation, sustaining one's life, which Louise points out is declining in the very old Athos, is not related to Quintessence and cannot grant total immortality from time.

7 hours ago, joevar said:

use lost dark/ancient magic which seems diabolic in nature

I wouldn't say it's evil. All magic requires sacrifice, Pent complains in his Erk support that Erk almost killed himself using up too much "magic in his body". The difference of the magics it seems, is that Dark is more likely to involve extensive sacrifice than Light or Anima.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Athos:
“Ah, Nergal… He took the dragons’ knowledge… He learned the art of stealing the essence from living creatures and turning it into power.

It only says he learned how to steal (Quint)essence, not of its entire existence, but it could be interpreted that he didn't know of Quint' at all until then. This was 500 years prior to FE7's start, so Athos would've already have extended his life for that same length of time. And if Athos didn't know, then Brammy couldn't have either. And thus, in this interpretation, sustaining one's life, which Louise points out is declining in the very old Athos, is not related to Quintessence and cannot grant total immortality from time.

That's kinda part of my theory that reviving Ninian killed Bramimond, while we don't get a good luck at them in 7, they don't visually  look like age is catching up like Anthos and definitely not in Heroes. (Even if Heroes is really non canon so not exactly 100 canon to FE7.)

If creating entirely new life requires taking life away essentially with the morphs, I kinda assume the same is required to resurrect someone in at least some capacity that you need to add Quintessence to a body. (Assuming Morphs don't actually have their "shell" of a body created via some other means before adding life to it.)

And since Bramimond probably didn't exactly go out of his way to get a ton of Quintessence like Nergal, since he wasn't going around stealing it, I think Bramimond ended up using a pretty large amount of his own life force to revive Ninian as opposed to Nergal using the life force of others, Elbert was able to hold on for a while after the dragon's gate was opened with his life force so I imagine Bramimond was able to survive at least longer than Elbert did while still fatally drained of Quintessence.

Edited by Samz707

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't say it's evil. All magic requires sacrifice, Pent complains in his Erk support that Erk almost killed himself using up too much "magic in his body". The difference of the magics it seems, is that Dark is more likely to involve extensive sacrifice than Light or Anima

hmm, okay, maybe thats the answer to my question then, about how nergal cant be regarded/included as past heroes because he resorted to evil method in perfecting his dark magic while maybe bramimond use another more humane method to reach the pinnacle of dark magic

3 hours ago, Samz707 said:

And since Bramimond probably didn't exactly go out of his way to get a ton of Quintessence like Nergal, since he wasn't going around stealing it, I think Bramimond ended up using a pretty large amount of his own life force to revive Ninian as opposed to Nergal using the life force of others, Elbert was able to hold on for a while after the dragon's gate was opened with his life force so I imagine Bramimond was able to survive at least longer than Elbert did while still fatally drained of Quintessence.

"he didnt steal it", so thats going into my headcanon he receive it from people he knew

but im still iffy about FE7, particularly about quintessence. in my mind it is far from "soul" similar maybe but not same (unless its already stated, cant remember). since the stronger or "more perfect" nergal morph is their behaviour will resemble more like a doll versus a normal human with complete emotion. and with FE6 its already established emotion and soul is connected

so bramimond reviving method didnt use quintessence method like nergal. or its just FE7 being inconsistence with FE6 while introducing complicated lore

Edited by joevar

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though you could say an heir to a king is being very ineffective at his job if he couldn't convince anyone either. Theres no excuse for a lack of a good leadership in an heir, since your very title means you're expected to inherit a position of leadership. You couldn't get a single person to defect from he whom you will one day succeed? Considering Medeus's physical age, the aging rate of dragons, and the Archanean timeline,  Medeus should have long been an adult by the time of the internecine draconic warfare, no excuse that he was too young and inexperienced.

Athos:

I wouldn't say it's evil. All magic requires sacrifice, Pent complains in his Erk support that Erk almost killed himself using up too much "magic in his body". The difference of the magics it seems, is that Dark is more likely to involve extensive sacrifice than Light or Anima.

Well it's a bit more believable if you have a son saying one thing and a powerful king on the other side saying the complete opposite. Medeus being the only Earth dragon manakete is just a blatant way to make him more special to be the final boss. Earthdragons aren't even mentioned in the original info dump on manketes as far as I remember. It only ever mentions three dragon tribes and Medeus is just there. Then in the sequel they escalated things by making him a shadow dragon with explaining at all how or why, or what that means or basically anything about it.