Guideline change...?

Cynthia

I completely agree that all these "emo" topics have to go. At the end of the day, they are no different from all them "I'm leaving /drama" topics that the moderators no longer allow.

I love how the self-proclaimed attention whores are drawing attention to themselves in a topic about not being one.

Lol. That's what makes me an attention whore, silly.

XD
SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM

Not that I care, and not to say that this is a decent place to go to for help, but some people value the opinion of the internet over an issue because they can remain detached.

Running people off when they have personal issues is just being a shithead. The topics are a bit too common, but they aren't required reading either - No need to restrict them. Most of them end up in FFtF and topics of value that come from there and remain there come in at a ratio of something like 1/40.

The reason I (I'm pretty sure you're talking to me) ran TLS off and told him to stop bitching was because he needs to learn not to complain about personal shit on this site. He's done it multiple times before too. I just got sick of it and wanted him to learn not to rely on the forums for personal issues. Sorry if I came of as a jerk, I meant well. I'm pretty sure he's learned his lesson.

It's not the place to bitch about your life, and if you do it, you should expect people to be assholes.

But the average age on the site can't be much more than 18, if that, and people have problems that they can't handle.

But the only thing worse than people bitching about their life is people bitching about people bitching about their life.

It's not the place to bitch about your life, and if you do it, you should expect people to be assholes.

But the average age on the site can't be much more than 18, if that, and people have problems that they can't handle.

But the only thing worse than people bitching about their life is people bitching about people bitching about their life.

A few things:

1. You shouldn't be an asshole to someone just because they bring their problems here.

2. I'd imagine the average age of this site to be around 15 or 16, not 18.

3. I agree.

Also, I wouldn't really be proud of being an attention whore, Blue Fox.

I don't think a debate on how anyone thinks people should or should not act will get us anywhere, as not everyone is going to care. Instead let's just focus on the source, people bringing personal problems, fictional or not, to this website be they to gain help or attention.

Look the fact of the matter is, I'm not talking about how we RESPOND to them. I'm saying for good reasons, we shouldn't allow such topics.

It just so happens people make topics about killing themselves on other sites, and sure enough they end up going and doing it because of either some problems they were having, or who knows what, leaving the people of that site feeling a sense of responsibility, even if it may not be their fault.

The point is, NO ONE here is a professional. It's a bad idea to take a problem that should be taken to a professional to a bunch of people you have never met face to face. As half will give you a hard time, and the other half might not have the right advice for you. Either way, we aren't here to fix your broken relationships. We aren't here to help you deal with a teenage pregnancy. We are not a suicide hot line.

People do NOT come here to see these kinds of things. They came here to have healthy discussion. If you joined this forum to give professional help, then there is something wrong with you.

These kinds of topics cause a lot of attention whoring as well, which is discouraged.

The internet is NOT equivalent to a doctor. If you have a problem that is SERIOUSLY that bad CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL. They went to college, they specialize in your problem, they KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. We don't care if you don't like their advice on something, or don't like them. You have to actually make an effort with them, and try several things. They don't always get it right on the first try.

If you can't be helped by anyone on your personal issue but a bunch of strangers on the internet, then well you may need professional help on that.

We ALL have problems, there is no set age where you stop having them. That doesn't mean you need to complain every waking minute, as your attitude affects the people around you. If you come off as a depressed bitter person, then the advice you'll probably end up getting from this place will be probably less than third rate.

Please, for your OWN safety, seek REAL help. We can't ensure a solution to your problems, or ensure your safety. I didn't post this to stop attention whoring, although I do disapprove of it. I posted this to actually HELP people with these problems, because professional help is the best help we can offer them.

Perhaps we should provide a list of sites to visit on these issues if these guidelines are put into place. I saw one on Gaiaonline, and several other sites.

Cynthia's basically just restating that this isn't about peoples reactions, but more about the people who actually make these topics.

That as well.

I am trying to keep the topic about what I originally posted it for. We'll get to attention whoring another day.

Or you can just let the people post said topics, not read them, and watch them dissolve.

Honestly, no one reads the guidelines. Changing them is pointless, and for the rare soul that does read them, I'd feel sorry if they came across this crap.

Last thing you need is someone who doesn't read the guidelines say they're going to kill themselves, only to get modded for bitching and actually killing themselves. Sure, it's not the sites fault he's dead, it's the mods fault. Much better. ;)

Or you can just let the people post said topics, not read them, and watch them dissolve.

Honestly, no one reads the guidelines. Changing them is pointless, and for the rare soul that does read them, I'd feel sorry if they came across this crap.

Last thing you need is someone who doesn't read the guidelines say they're going to kill themselves, only to get modded for bitching and actually killing themselves. Sure, it's not the sites fault he's dead, it's the mods fault. Much better. ;)

Actually people are SUPPOSED to read them, and whether you read them or not, when you agree to join, you're bound by them.

We can always have them to refer people to if they post such topics then as well.

Edited by Cynthia

"I am trying to keep the topic about what I originally posted it for. We'll get to attention whoring another day. "

No real need, since either issue being resolved solves the other, at least partially. I see what you mean now though.

Edited by Death

"I am trying to keep the topic about what I originally posted it for. We'll get to attention whoring another day. "

No real need, since either issue being resolved solves the other, at least partially. I see what you mean now though.

I think that the elimination of these types of topics won't stop attention whoring really...

It stops topics like this from being created for attention, I mean. You know.. "I AM SO SAD". Attention whoring and comments like this will never stop, but this is a logical step in the right direction.

Well, that's not really what I'm after, although it would be nice...

I personally hate the, "I'm popular, so love me." Kind of attention whoring more myself...

I really can't remember if I replied to this topic already...

Some good points were made, but I think enough's been said on this subject.

Personally I don't see a point in adding a new guideline just for this. A crackdown on these type of topics would definitely be a good idea. If you see any new topics that we miss, don't hesitate to report them, thanks : )

Honestly let people post what they want to talk about. I don't see the point in restricting anyone's freedom of speech. It's not like they're telling us about planned terrorism attacks or anything. If you see a topic you don't like, either report it or don't post in it. Tada, problem solved.