FE5 Tier List

Mekkah

Maybe some high luck or something like that.

He also crits a lot on first attack, I was nearly getting mad on him hogging experience(he was at level 18 and at the end of the chapter he was a level 2 Paladin).

In his first chapter? Or the chapter where you got Selfina and Elite Sword?

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was going to mention that, why does he crit so much? He crits like on every second attack.

Pursuit critical of 4. Basically, if he doubles, he'll have critical * 4 chances of activating one. At base level, that means 20, but consider that skill is one of his highest growths too, at 65%.

In his first chapter? Or the chapter where you got Selfina and Elite Sword?

Nope, chapter 13, without the Elite Sword(he was fatigued in that map, but no biggie)

Note how they saw a reason to give Othin a 3 in PC despite the fact that every single one of his counterattacks is a critical hit.

The reason why Carrion isn't higher than he is is because he is underleveled and he doesn't bring anything else to the table besides "strong physical dude" (no personal weapons or skills). Everything else about him is pretty good.

Note how they saw a reason to give Othin a 3 in PC despite the fact that every single one of his counterattacks is a critical hit.

I thought Wrath doesn't activate on pursuit counter attacks? Usually if Brighton or Othin miss their first counter attack (which does happens due to axes), their second fails to crit, so I'm assuming that Wrath activates on the first counter attack and PC activates on the pursuit counter attack.

I didn't have Lara in Top either, but "outclassed by Lifis" is a really lame reason. She's doing something only one other unit can do, and when Parn joins, two. Most others are doing a job to be done by like 2379329823 others. 2nd/3rd best at something > much worst. And once she becomes a dancer, she makes your best unit move twice.

This is such flawed logic. SUCH flawed logic.

I'll admit that her usefulness as a dancer is invaluable for some chapters (though, not to say that she is necessary, but definitely helpful).

The sort of logic your employing about her thief usefulness has huge holes in it. For example:

FE4: Well, Ardan is the ONLY general you can get, so isn't outclassed by anyone, therefore, useful...

FE6: Sophia is the only dark magic user besides Ray, he outclasses her in every way, but thats only ONE person outclassing her, you know? (sort of moot point because dark magic blows but same logic)

FE6: There are only 3 thieves, so even though Cath is the worst available, when she joins, only TWO other people can do the same job! High Tier for her!

I sorta see what you're saying but it's sort of difficult to argue her usefulness as a thief when she is a terrible thief, fragile as glass, there are 2 viable and wayyy better options, etc. It's to the point where leveling her is almost too risky, and that make promotion to dancer have debatable worth. Giving another unit another move is great, but at the price of possibly losing another because she has the defense of a saltine cracker? probably not....

This is such flawed logic. SUCH flawed logic.

I'll admit that her usefulness as a dancer is invaluable for some chapters (though, not to say that she is necessary, but definitely helpful).

The sort of logic your employing about her thief usefulness has huge holes in it. For example:

FE4: Well, Ardan is the ONLY general you can get, so isn't outclassed by anyone, therefore, useful...

FE6: Sophia is the only dark magic user besides Ray, he outclasses her in every way, but thats only ONE person outclassing her, you know? (sort of moot point because dark magic blows but same logic)

The difference is that Ardan and Sophia's purposes are to fight, which nearly every character does. Their classes, unlike Theif, have only fighting (and healing for Druid) use.

The difference is that Ardan and Sophia's purposes are to fight, which nearly every character does. Their classes, unlike Theif, have only fighting (and healing for Druid) use.

Ok, well it's hard to rebuke that Cath is in a similar position.

Lara's use is limited to dancing, which means you actually have to USE her before you promote her to... Which require serious babying because of her godly 0 STR with 10% growth, oh and of course, the ever redeeming 14 HP with 45% and oh right, the 0 DEF with 20% growth.

-_-

What? You don't have to use Lara for her to promote to Dancer. Her strength doesn't matter; she's not actually fighting anything, ever.

You do if you want her to have stats above 5 >_< And that's even being generaous, because the majority of them will be zero, IIRC.

Edited by thunderstrife

Why the hell does that matter? Dancers can dance if they do negative damage with negative AS and negative hit rates. And Lara can still steal vulneraries.

It matters because if ANYTHING hits her, she dies. Long range magic and Ballistae are common in this game, and she will die if ANY of them hit her, and she can't really dodge with like 4 SPD and 1 LUK or whatever it is after you promote her. Not to mention she's a waste of promotion items. There are way better options for promotions, units who can help in every level, and don't get fatigued every other chapter (because of HP of 14, made of win, obviously). Not saying she's USELESS, but TOP TIER? Yea, definitely no.

It's 5 and 6 if you don't train her, but that's ignoring exp from stealing now, isn't it? The only things she loses apart from that is one skill and one movement, so she's not doing any less damage, or taking more. The only thing she loses really is speed. So quit exaggerating.

Of course, then she has the issue of having to use the craptastic Slim Sword to not get weighed down, but that's beside my point.

but that's ignoring exp from stealing now, isn't it?

I think I was able to explain some of why this is wrong here.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?...st&p=261267

Lara is useless in several chapters.

She is very fragile, so she can't go to the frontlines so she will be stealing less. Lifis can go to the frontlines more (albeit rarely) and steal.

She won't be getting much exp, and even if she is it's a pain in the ass.

Edited by Julius

And besides, you have to spend lots of Promotional Items to make her a good Thief.

I wish the "lara can promoat three timez" hype would die along with all the other common FE misconceptions.

If you promote Thief Lara into Thief Fighter, she will just lose that promotion bonus when she goes Thief Fighter -> Dancer. All you get out of it is extra level-up potential, but there isn't enough EXP to get everyone to 20/20 anyway, and it's not like Lara really gains stats on level-ups to begin with once she caps Spd and Luk.

Then, once she's a dancer, it would be extremely foolish to promote her to Thief Fighter. You lose the dance skill, only for what? Even more worthless level-ups? 1 Bld?

The best way of using Lara is using her as your secondary thief to open doors and chests until 12x, and from there turn her into a dancer. Then just Lockpick your way home when you need it, like when you're defending the Lenster throne. And this alone is enough to get her in High/Top tier, depending on how valuable dancing is.

For Cath, she's not High tier obviously, but she's better off than useless combat units such as Wendy and Sophia thanks to Lockpick utility.

• 2 weeks later...

The other fe5 tier list is completely unagreeable. (IMO!)

(This is not alphabetical)

Leaf is not included.

-Omnipotent-

Asvel

Robert

Carrion

Mareeta

Fin

Shiva

Othin

Saphy

-Top-

Lifis

Lara

Halvan

Homer

Nanna

Felgus

Dean

Brighton

-Upper-

Dalsin

Marty*

Olwen

Eyrios

Tina

Sara

Linoan

Sleuf

Karin

-Middle-

Misha

Tanya

Pahn

Machua

Sety

Galzus

Trewd

Ralph

Kein

Alva

Hicks

Delmudd

-Lower-

Xavier

Cyas

Shanam

Salem

Amalda

Fred

Eda

Glade

Miranda

-Pitiful-

Ronan

Eveyle

Selphina

Dagdar

* I am going to get bombed for this

Edited by MaraeSceptre

Othin and Halvan should be HIGHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER, and Brighton lower.

Care to say why Marty is so high, too?

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9443

Its on the second page too, its not like its that hard to search if a topic has already been made. Here's the list:

-Top-

Safy

Fin

Othin

Shiva

Asvel

Halvan

Fergus

Rifis

Pahn

Lara

-High-

Nanna

Brighton

Tina

Linoan

Dean

Carrion

Olwen

Mareeta

Homer

Sara

-Upper Mid-

Sleuf

Machua

Hicks

Karin

Leaf

Sety

Galzus

Eryios

Salem

Trewd

-Lower Mid-

Dalshien

Xavier

Kein

Alva

Robert

Delmud

Glade

Amalda

Fred

-Low-

Cyas

Dagda

Ralph

Conomore

Eda

Eyvel

Misha

Miranda

Tanya

-Bottom-

Marty

Selphina

Ronan

Shanam

And wtf at your list? Robert in God? WTF Sety and Galzus in Lower Mid? MARTY in Upper Mid? rofl.

Eda, Sety, and Galzus deserve better place. :(

Sety and Galzus might not high, but at least let them in middle.

And Eda is good, she could surpassed her brother. >_>

Up Sleuf more. Auto A rank in Staff is always a welcome.

Karin is suppose to be higher than Misha.

Up Cyas also. The same reason with Sleuf, plus auto A rank in Light. As much as unfair it is, 3 Leadership stars are quite useful too. ;_;

Robert is good, but needs a little of babying.

And IMO Fergus need to be a little lower. He's damn good, but I don't think he's in the same level as Shiva-Othin-Halvan

Oh. Amalda is up also please, with Salem. Any Staff user in this game is very useful. lolwarprescuerewarplol.

Robert's stats match Carrions exactly except with more def and less con.

Not exactly babing, just hezul and baldo.

Carrion w/ neir

Marty is actual good....with odo and sety all od his stats are amazing.

If you're going to be a douche about my tier list, have the balls to go and point out in that topic what's wrong with it, instead of making one for yourself with lots of flaws.

I mean, wtf? Marty above Lifis? Misha above Parn? Shanam above Salem? Dagua as worst unit?