Luck

riariadne

To flip a coin  

40 members have voted

1. 1. If you were to flip a FAIR coin, and if you got heads, you got the S ranked weapon of your choice, but if you got tails, you would have to start a new game, what would you get? Heads? Or tails?

• Heads, I'm really lucky!
    • Tails, I fail at coin flips!
    • I wouldn't flip the coin! Coin flips are for losers!

What would you get?

I would get tails, considering...

1) I fought the Black Knight on Sunday, and he activated Luna a grand total of 4 times on Ike (and I lost).

2) I fought the Black Knight again today, but I ran out of turns so I have Ena now.

3) Those stupid bishops always heal the Black Knight before I can beat them!

4) I played Chapter 28 today, but Ike fell asleep and I lost.

Edited by SunMoonSky

Tails...

I can't even pick the right one if there are 80% chance that I will.

Edit: That's one of the many differences between me and my brother. <_<

Edited by xanatha

I would get heads 50% of the time, and tails the other 50% of the time.

I was just about to say that :o

Anyway, I would prefer to get tails, since a new game will encourage to keep on playing to beat the game.

The S Rank weapons aren't worth the risk.

Maybe it if was to unlock "special" artwork, I might consider it... or I could just hack the game : P

Edited by VincentASM

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that it was a FAIR coin.

Also, you now have the option NOT to flip the coin. I should've picked that option, considering my luck.

Edited by SunMoonSky

I wouldn't flip because it's not worth the risk. However, if I did flip, I would get tails. On one chapter, a myrmidon hit me with a 1% chance of a critical and my Zihark then (with a 54% crit. chance) only got a critical 1 out of 5 times! And, I lost the Chapter: Blood Runs Red (can't remember the #) 4 times because Zihark kept getting killed by people with below 60% chance of hitting.

Statistics in FE are rigged suck!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd flip so I could try to get Urvan for Boyd. ^_^

I'd get Heads... I'm really lucky when it comes to Fire Emblem. It's just Aether after Aether after Aether when I use Ike. (I'm really unlucky with Wrath, though. Nephenee often gets fewer crits with Wrath than without.)

I don't really know what I would but it wouldn't matter anyways I wouldn't flip in the first place. I like doing things the hard way. Though I would advice my friend to make the flip since his rolf has pulled a miracle twice before. First time was when he took damage from a enemy and somehow wasn't killed even though his stats said he should, the second was when a peddler could have attacked him but all it did was walk right next to him and not do anything. So either my friend is lucky or his Rolf is.

Unless I had save states or anything of the sort, I wouldn't risk starting over the entire game to get a S-ranked weapon I'll be reluctant to use. Unless, of course, I could do the coin flip thing in the first chapter. ;)

The S Rank weapons aren't worth the risk.

Maybe it if was to unlock "special" artwork, I might consider it... or I could just hack the game : P

What kind of "special" artwork? :unsure:

Savestates

Ah. Every player's best friend.

After seeing my broyher's playthrough, I considered myself as lucky. So head for me.

• 11 months later...

Major Bump!

I chose tails. The "reward" for getting heads is pretty mediocre. You really don't need S ranks to beat this FE. I'm pretty sure the only one I had my first PT was Ashera staff and I only used it because I would have felt bad otherwise.