OMG moments (spoilers)

Paper Jam

I think there are plenty of moments in the Fire Emblem series that cause confusion, amazement, or frustration in the player, so I thought I'd ask for your opinion about the moments that caused you to think (if not say) "Oh my God(dess)..."

To speak of such moments (or at least those related to the stories) would probably spoil them for everyone else, for which reason I put the "inevitable spoilers" disclaimer on this thread.

My top "Oh My Goddess" moment would probably be in FE8 when I found out that Emperor Vigarde had been dead (or undead) all along.

So what are the moments for which you play Fire Emblem?

And it doesn't have to be story-related, if you pay more attention to the combat than to the story.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very first chapter in Mystery of the Emblem (book 2) comes to mind. Seeing that the boss was a former ally and couldn't be recruited or even spared was a definite "OMG moment" for me.

When Deadre appears in Barhara Castle in Ch. 5 of FE4. That was some genuine surprise, for me.

Also when Eliwood kills the dragon in FE7 and it turns out to be Ninian.

In FE8, seeing Ross be hit by an Eclipse Shaman with 0% Hit.

In Ghebfe, seeing Gerik be hit by an Axereaver Gargoyal with 0% Hit.

In FE4, seeing Delmud miss a Troubadour four times with 100% Hit.

When Nolan consistently missed a very dangerous archer in 1-F at 70% hit chance, each time after a turn that took long to set up. Battle save abuse, lols

Also, when Soren hit on Aimee. I don't care if it's for the good of the company. It's still epic.

I guess my OMFG moment is when Sigurd (FE 4) was scapegoated by his motherland, his wife braishwashed, and Sigurd being killed by Alvis.

This. "Oh, bad end... wait, there's more!?"

The fact I didn't know Japanese and didn't notice

Shanan and Oifaye running away with Celice

helped creating a situation of genuine surprise to me.

And then I was a fanboy.

In FE4, seeing Delmud miss a Troubadour four times with 100% Hit.

I blame Prayer.

Edited by TheEnd

In Fe6 when Roy or another unit would always die somehow, one turn, it'd be Hugh from an enemy scoring a critical hit with only 2% chance, then it'd be because I was stupid enough to put Thany in an Archer's attack range, then it'd be Roy getting himself killed at the arena, then it'd be those stupid wyverns picking my units off one at a time, and THEN be because I set my units up in a 'perfect' combat position, just to have my fool-proof plans ruined by a group of reinforcements coming up behind me... And other than that, great game.

But this is supposed to be more or less story related right? 'Kay then, here's a list:

When the Dragon Eliwood killed turned out to be Ninian.

When Nergal showed his messed up eye.

When Mist married Boyd in RD after getting them an A support.

And that's about it.

For me, it was when I first discovered that FE7 was being released. Bearing in mind FE6 was my favourite game back then, I was like "OMG, young Eliwood and Hector!" etc. I also couldn't wait to play with Marcus as a Cavalier... but he's always a Paladin, eh? D:

Finding out Lucius was a guy.

The first time reinforcement Cavaliers came from behind in that Turning Traitor chapter in FE8. Amelia barely got away.

FE6, basically any and all reinforcements that appeared, because they were able to move on that same turn they appeared, which often meant unexpected attacks and deaths. Blargh.

FE6 Chapter 21x. All units have ended their turn, except for Astol. He opens a chest and gets nuked on the enemy's turn by the mamkute that appeared.

FE5 Chapter 4x, It was my first playthrough and I had leaf escape alone so naturally, he was screwed. He lived through a few attacks with a broken sword.

FE4 Chapter 2, the fact that no1 died with such a horrible suicidal gamble: