Three Hopes - Rate their Chances

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

…Who again? A... cher... on... Acheron... Acheron... …Oh, yeah; Acheron; that guy who always ends up on the wrong side of history in every route.

Yeah; if they're going to make a joke out of his character, it would probably be through him either always running away or from him showing up only to immediately run away; not through making him a playable character.

I said I don't give 0/10, so I'm giving him 1/10. Technically there's a chance of him being a playable character, in much the same way that there's technically a chance that I could be the next James Bond after winning a marathon while wearing snowshoes.

Suggestion: Perhaps these random dumbasses no one cares about could be combined instead of taking up their own day.

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Someone's comment that Gilbert was the single most unlikely character sure aged well. 🤣

To be fair, that person was probably thinking only of playable TH units and maybe some prominent others.

1% for Acheron and I don't feel the need elaborate.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Suggestion: Perhaps these random dumbasses no one cares about could be combined instead of taking up their own day.

To be fair, that person was probably thinking only of playable TH units and maybe some prominent others.

We have another 2 months before 3 hopes, with still no info this is just something to do.

4 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Just be like me I have no opinion on most npcs and such I haven't been rating them.

Oh I've already skipped plenty of days and would have skipped this one too if I hadn't wanted to make my other comments.

Damn, we've made it to serious "nobody" territory. I remember doing a fun back-and-forth brainstorming with... @RainbowMoon, I believe it was, about giving Acheron a bigger role in the Verdant Wind campaign. Even in the hypothetical case where he got his own arc, and was the boss of his very own chapter, I'd see his odds in Three Hopes as slim. As it stands, the only way he's in is as a joke character. And not a lovable joke like Gatekeeper, either. 1 out of 10.

I'm still waiting to grade Cyril, which means I probably missed him.

16 hours ago, Florete said:

It's an interesting idea worth considering. Personally, I think a day in which we can point and laugh has value.

Speaking of which, Acheron scores 0.44.

9 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

For major characters, I believe the only ones left are Cyril, Rhea, Jeralt, and I guess Thales and Nemesis?

And Gatekeeper. 

Day 41 - Judith

Today's character should at least not constitute a "nobody." She's reasonably well liked, was wanted for playable dlc status, and has featured in the FEW3H trailer. While I think she could still be an NPC despite being in the trailer, I figure that's at least worth a 4/10.

And my want score would be 5/10. I neither like nor dislike the character, and am plenty open to seeing them expanded through supports.

7/10 for Judith. We already know she's in the game which puts her above most of the students, it's just a matter of her being playable or not, which puts her on-par with the unannounced students IMO. 

Personal want is an 8/10. I think she's a fun character from what I've seen, and I want to see more. 

33 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

And Gatekeeper.

I would certainly not count Memekeeper among any major Three Houses group.

Judith is already confirmed to be in the game in some form, the question is whether or not she's playable. She has a decent enough chance, she's one of the more popular NPCs and I can see them adding her as a bonus character or something. 5/10

Personal want is also a 5/10

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I would certainly not count Memekeeper among any major Three Houses group.

Judith is already confirmed to be in the game in some form, the question is whether or not she's playable. She has a decent enough chance, she's one of the more popular NPCs and I can see them adding her as a bonus character or something. 5/10

Personal want is also a 5/10

When I say major, I mean really popular characters likely to generate a lot of participation and fun here. Gatekeeper is one of those, and is probably the 2nd biggest of those behind only Rhea. I don't even know if I'd count Thales among those criteria even if he is a major story character.

5 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

When I say major, I mean really popular characters likely to generate a lot of participation and fun here. Gatekeeper is one of those, and is probably the 2nd biggest of those behind only Rhea. I don't even know if I'd count Thales among those criteria even if he is a major story character.

This is where we're gonna have to just agree to disagree. The amount of genuine popularity Gatekeeper has is miniscule, at best.

8 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

This is where we're gonna have to just agree to disagree. The amount of genuine popularity Gatekeeper has is miniscule, at best.

I agree that it's meme popularity. Where I disagree is how much that matters. Memes are powerful things, and I'm reminded about just how much of Claude's early popularity and 3H pre-launch hype as a whole was upside-down Claude memes (and other assorted nonsense).

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Judith... for a moment there, I almost thought we had already looked at her chances of being in the game.

She is fairly well-liked, and she does have some importance as one of Claude's biggest allies in the Alliance. She does have some strong competition when it comes to a swordmaster unit though in Felix and Petra.

Overall, I'd say 6/10.

11 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Judith... for a moment there, I almost thought we had already looked at her chances of being in the game.

She is fairly well-liked, and she does have some importance as one of Claude's biggest allies in the Alliance. She does have some strong competition when it comes to a swordmaster unit though in Felix and Petra.

Overall, I'd say 6/10.

I don’t fully agree with this, she is our best chance at the proper “Lord” class character. (Martha’s fencing style). I gotta give her a 6/10.

Just now, Fabulously Olivier said:

I would say Yuri is our best chance at that moveset, unless they make him a bow unit.

If Yuri can be a Lord, I doubt they would give him access.

Just now, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'm not saying that the moveset itself needs to be the lord class. It's a fencer. It's perfectly reasonable for a Trickster too, and Yuri has the ideal frame & personality for it.

It should be as Yuri is the only real Trickster option, (Anna too, but who knows what they will do to her). As things stand it better to consider the natural classes as Judith is the only one who can be a Lord and is pretty well set up to say in that class.

47 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I don’t fully agree with this, she is our best chance at the proper “Lord” class character. (Martha’s fencing style).

Fair enough. I wasn't really referring to specific class, but you're correct in that her being of the lord class could present a different moveset and all that.

If the game has a free class system like that of 3H, one reasonably wonders whether Lord (and new promotions like Great Lord) could be opened up to characters like Yuri, or indeed every noble-born/noble-raised character in the game. Having it be the progression from Noble could be apt. And maybe they could even add an equivalent class to Commoner, like Journeyman -> Wayfarer (or perhaps Merchant -> Apothecary since that is more fitting for characters like Ignatz, Anna, and Raphael).

Edited by Fabulously Olivier