Three Hopes - Rate their Chances

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manuela feels less likely than Seteth, Flayn, Catherine, Shamir, and Alois, in my opinion. If she gets in, it'll probably be alongside Hanneman, and probably in more of a "everyone gets in" scenario. 4/10

Personal want is around a 6 or 7/10. She's an entertaining character, but there are times where it feels a bit much.

I could see the teachers as playable. There's not really much that they can add and they have stiff competition, but I can certainly see it. This is a Koei Tecmo game, so I'd say Manuela is a bit more likely than Hanneman simply because of fanservice.

Overall, I'd say probably 5/10 for Manuela.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Manuela feels less likely than Seteth, Flayn, Catherine, Shamir, and Alois, in my opinion. If she gets in, it'll probably be alongside Hanneman, and probably in more of a "everyone gets in" scenario. 4/10

Personal want is around a 6 or 7/10. She's an entertaining character, but there are times where it feels a bit much.

She can be a bit much. But at the same time, she does bring out the best in everyone. She even utilizes Byleth's silence to great comedic effect in their B support. Don't think I've ever laughed so hard at the facial expression of a silent protag.

There are two big reasons for Manuela to get in - her hilarious supports, and her eclectic pool of spells and combat arts! I certainly think she'll make an appearance, but as a playable unit? I'm not sure. She has some degree of story role in White Clouds, but lacks a Crest or signature weapon. I wouldn't be surprised to see her included as an NPC, but then again, making her playable would hardly be the wildest choice in the world. I'll give her a 3 out of 10.

Solon may very well be in the game, but as an enemy or NPC. The game has to have antagonists, even in a hypothetical "golden route". And the Agarthans are the most likely candidates. It's not as though we'll be starved for playable Dark Mages, either. I give him a 1 out of 10.

Manuela: 3/10. More likely than Alois, less likely than Shamir, comparable to Catherine. She's very skippable and about as likely as the least likely students. Hard to see her getting in without Hanneman, and Hanneman's one of the least popular characters in the game.

Personal want is 7/10, I like Manuela. A mess personally, brilliant professionally. She's already everything from a star diva to a physician to a teacher to a Prime Minister, why not a musou character?

Solon: 1/10. Not much to say. Like Validar and friends, could be thrown in as a filler enemy, but I doubt he's playable. 1/10 for want, too, honestly. The least interesting Agarthan and that's saying something.

If Solon were to get in, it would be as an unlockable bonus character for the postgame, like Ganon being playable in Age of Calamity, and I don't think Solon is an impressive enough villain to merit being an unlockable bonus character. Plus, as others have pointed out, he has some strong competition for the role of "dark mage unit".

Overall, 1/10.

Solon: 2/10. The war phase is probably going to be the main focus and he's dead at that point. 

Want: 1/10. Solon is kinda the worst villain in the game and one of the worst villains out there. None of his schemes seem to have any rhyme or reason to them and they barely affect the plot. 

49 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Want: 1/10. Solon is kinda the worst villain in the game and one of the worst villains out there. None of his schemes seem to have any rhyme or reason to them and they barely affect the plot. 

Agreed. The Remire Village experiment never comes up again; all it did was expose the existence of TWSITD. His only plan that made any sense was the plan to use Kronya as bait for a trap to kill Byleth.

Playing catch up again:

Fleche - 2/10

Holst - 3/10

Manuela - 8/10

As for Solon, I think his chances are slightly likelier than most would give him credit for when factoring DLC potential. Sure FEW didn't have the villains become playable, but I think Solon's a significant enough villain pre-ts that his chances are at least non-zero.

That said, I think Thales would be the better choice overall to have a playable Agarthan alongside Kronya, so he gets a 2/10.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Solon: 2/10. The war phase is probably going to be the main focus and he's dead at that point. 

It's interesting to bring that up here and not with Kronya/Monica. If it's an argument against Solon, it's an equally compelling argument against her. (Albeit I do think they have more motivation to spare Kronya in a new route than they do Solon).

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

It's interesting to bring that up here and not with Kronya/Monica. If it's an argument against Solon, it's an equally compelling argument against her. (Albeit I do think they have more motivation to spare Kronya in a new route than they do Solon).

Kronya does indeed have the same problem, but I think she gets a pass becayse the implication in the story seems to be that Solon and Thales are the ones actually planning and she, well, isn't a planner/schemer; she's just an agent/minion. Plus, she at least kills Jeralt, creating a brief personal conflict for the Byleth character. If anything, Kronya was underutilized.

11 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think its a bit different in that Kronya is just an insane brat. So her dropping her disguise because she just couldn't resist being evil fits her. But Solon is supposed to be the evil genius so him dropping his disguise for an experiment to create a poison he doesn't bother to use, or how he outs Jeritza to kidnap Flayn while then becoming bored with the idea and not even doing anything with Flayn all make him seem incompetent and idiotic.

Solon gets 1.25.

Honestly, I wouldn't even see a case scenario for him to make it. They already have one dark mage built in with Hubert, and likely a second with Lysithea. He's a real everyone-is-here type character, and maybe not even then.

Day 36 - Cornelia

I have nothing to say. 1/10 likelihood, 1/10 want.

Cornelia's likely the most popular Agarthan, commonly considered a more effective antagonist than the others (... which just means her CYL results are comparable to Cyril and ahead of the likes of Gilbert) but is basically limited to one route with a minor role on a second. Presumably due to that, Intsys has pushed her less than Kronya/Solon (see: them actually being in FEH). I think that balances out any advantage she might have over the rest, so gets a 1/10 as well.

Personal want is... 3/10 I guess? She's not terrible in her role, but I can't see wanting to play as her often.

7/10: I mean you kinda need her for Dimitri's subplot right? Or for the war arc in general to function. She's the leader of one of the warring factions after all.

Want: kinda 7/10 since she's the only Slitherer who isn't deeply incompetent. She seems generally kinda on the ball and her being a Caligula-escue ruler of Faerghus would make for a fun plot point to expand on. Cornelia also has some potential for character interaction with western Kingdom characters like Ashe, Annette and maybe Yuri who could be stuck serving her, while also being a personal nemesis for Hapi. She's not some great antagonist or anything but unlike her peers there are at least things one can do with Cornelia.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Cornelia is a sexy lady so she's automatically got higher chances than some of the old men. I don't think she's likely, but if any of the less-prominent villains manage to make it in, it wouldn't surprise me to see it be her.

30%

I'd say Cornelia's probably going to be in the game, but I doubt that she's going to be playable, even if she has fanservice on her side. She doesn't have anything to offer in terms of gameplay; shes just another mage. Kronya at least is a knife nut and Thales has both earthquakes and nuclear weapons on his side.

I'd say 1/10.