Anime/manga that has made you cry?

Percivalé

FLCL last night reminded me to post this.

I remember someone else posting something like this on another forum I went to, so I'm curious: have any moments in an anime or manga made you cry?

Fruits Basket is probably the one anime that's made me cry the hardest. Anything else was maybe a few tears, but uh, yeah, the Momiji episodes just made me cry. I came to my neighbor's house crying and laughing at 9:30pm. She told me to get more sleep.

FLCL is second place for 'making me cry' and Pokemon made me cry once but let's not get into that

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowboy Bebop made me cry mainly tears because you must cry when something is such so awesome.

All jokes aside, I have never seen an anime that was worthy of my tears. Yes, I get a sense of emotion when the time is right, but no anime made me cry. I think the scene in Sailor Moon S when Micheal was getting killed and Amara was reflecting on them touching hands got me a little upset, but I didn't cry or anything.

Cowboy Bebop, when Julia died and Spike went out to avenge her death, and his little "Bang" deal was emotional, but not worthy of crying for.

I heard that "Graves of the Fireflies" can make a grown man cry.

I felt pretty bad about the whole Sasuke and Naruto thing at the end of the ark when Sasuke betrayed them. And when Sasuke left Sakura at night in that one episode. I felt pretty bad for Sakura... I don't have spoiler tags for this because if you don't know this already then where the hell have you been?

Nothing has made me cry yet, but some of these made me feel bad about the characters on the other end of the rope

Death Note:

Light's father died

Naruto:

Asuma's death

Air Movie:

Misuzu's death

Rurouni Kenshin:

What everyone though was Kaoru's Death

So it's pretty much just a bunch of deaths

I heard that "Graves of the Fireflies" can make a grown man cry.

Might be some of the saddest shit ever, but I didn't cry. No show has gotten me even to welling tears up. But I found certain parts of Gurren Lagann's ending and LOTS from Code Geass very depressing.

Cowboy Bebop, when Julia died and Spike went out to avenge her death, and his little "Bang" deal was emotional, but not worthy of crying for.

Pretty much the same deal here. I don't think that was really a "crying" moment, per se, anyways. Much more melancholy.

Air Movie:

Misuzu's death

Rurouni Kenshin:

What everyone though was Kaoru's Death

Uh...

Misuzu didn't die, she "left" to be the girl in the sky.

I'm totally with you on the Kenshin one though.

Ugh, Kanon...

Makoto's death...

The most emotional moment I have ever gotten from a work of fiction, right there.

And you can't forget the part where

Akiko gets hit by a car.

I describe these moments as "my heart almost stopped."

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Elfen Lied's ending made me cry a little. ;-;
Yeah, Elfen Lied's ending definitely warrants that.

Air moved me, but I don't think it made me cry.

Kanon:

I echo what Raven and Red Fox of Fire said. Kanon was a bit of a roller coaster.

Damn it, my eyes are watering just thinking about

Makoto and Akiko

Also, during episode 9 I think, when they all know that

Makoto's really a fox and is to die soon, Yuuichi and Makoto are leaving the house to go somewhere I think, and Akiko lets out a bit of a sob once they've left.

That was quite emotional too. It got me going, almost.

Damn it, my eyes are watering just thinking about

Makoto and Akiko

I was extremely emotional for a few days after seeing that episode. I had a tough time getting through work, I had a hard time sleeping, I generally wasn't thinking straight. That may sound like a lot, but I had at the same time been attacked by a few more very sad things; all of it made me one big ball of sorrow.

Goku died and I cried.

Don't remind me... When Namek was unstable and Freiza was at 100% (I think), Freiza decided to pop Krillin like a weasel (Also saying "Pop goes the weasel!" as far as memory serves). I was like "Oh my fucking god, Krillin exploded!" I felt Goku's rage.

But Krillin's always dying, so it was just the beginning of a trend.

I was extremely emotional for a few days after seeing that episode. I had a tough time getting through work, I had a hard time sleeping, I generally wasn't thinking straight. That may sound like a lot, but I had at the same time been attacked by a few more very sad things; all of it made me one big ball of sorrow.

I watched the episode where

Akiko got run down

, and I went to bed in a state. I planned to watch at least another episode that night, but I just couldn't do it...

Edited by Red Fox of Fire
SPOILERS!

Only when the Inuyasha series ended. Not because of a specific event, I just found it sad that it ended. Though it was about damn time.

HAHA SAME HERE!

Also in InuYasha

when Kikyo bit the dust I teared, I mean when you think of InuYasha's connection to her you can't help but it. I am an InuYashaXKagome supporter though