Anime/manga that has made you cry?

Percivalé

Toward The Terra -

You really have to understand what Blue means by, "I'm sorry I chose you, from the bottom of my heart." I still cry whenever I think about it, looking back. Oh, and I cried in public after watching the last episode just before school started. After watching the series nonstop and then seeing that... it's too much. Emotionally, I wasn't ready to let it go, it was too sad.

Natsume Yuujin-cho

Gunslinger Girl -

When Pino was killed off. But that pissed me off more than it made me cry...

Amatsuki

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Code Geass :

Nunnally screaming and crying when Lelouch died made me cry :(

Gurren Lagann :

When Kamina found out his dad was dead and when he died too.

Kenshin OVA Truth and Betrayal

The end of it when what's her name died

Gundam 00

When the first Lockon died

Gurren Lagann :

When Kamina found out his dad was dead and when he died too.

Hmmm...I thought there was worse, mainly compared to the second one. But that might be because I had it spoiled for me. Pretty much anything involving

Nia as the messenger in the second part. If I was Simon, I would have gone nuts after Nia disappeared at their wedding, even if I knew beforehand

Cowboy Bebop: I can't say I cried, but the scene with Faye lying in the remains of her former home was pretty moving. Faye's history in general is kind of a downer.

Ugly spoiler tags are ugly.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the only anime that has made me cry ( well shed some tears actually) and make me a big knot in the throat was:

Kanon:

As said before, Makoto's last days, are very emotional, I really was naive enough to think that magically she was going to survive. Her last moments were when I had tears falling, and being unable to speak because of the knot in my throat.

Other deaths in anime aren't as emotional so they really dont make me cry, I dont even get sad. (Not that I get happy either)

I'd have to say...

When Lockon Stratos (Neil Dylandy) died, I was so sad...

Other moments that got me sad? Asuma dying. Kakashi dying.

Definitely when Kamina dies...(whenever I watch it...)

Edited by Eltoshen

Manly tears, with all of the supports characters deaths in Hokuto no Ken. Really, Shuu's death is one of the most beautiful deaths ever.Search for it.

Also the ending

Well the only anime that has made me cry ( well shed some tears actually) and make me a big knot in the throat was:

Kanon:

As said before, Makoto's last days, are very emotional, I really was naive enough to think that magically she was going to survive. Her last moments were when I had tears falling, and being unable to speak because of the knot in my throat.

Damn it, you got me going by just me reading that...

Operating on a fairly liberal definition of "to cry" I offer the following exhibits:

Previously mentioned:

Elfin Lied

Kanon

(Ayu for me)

Grave of the Fireflies (I will never watch this movie again)

New entries:

Chrno Crusade

One Piece (both

Nami's backstory & Arabasta Arc

so far, there may be more to come)

Now and Then, Here and There (Fucking depressing on so many levels. I can't remember if I cried in it, per se, but even if I didn't...)

Honorable mention:

Yakitate Japan (I laughed so hard I cried)

Chrno Crusade, both anime and manga, the ending is just too.....

Soooo QFT. Even though I liked the manga's ending (and the manga in general) more, both endings were very emotional indeed. Good choice, Fia. ;)

I'd also like to add the classic Grave of the Fireflies and Gen of Hiroshima.

On a more lighthearted anime, I'd also say I felt a lot at the episode where we get to know Kaoru's past in Mujin Wakusei Survive, as the guy's sorrow and feeling of guilt is heart-wrenching. Same about the episode where Howard, after being rescued for the three bandits and being between life and death, has his change of heart.

Soooo QFT. Even though I liked the manga's ending (and the manga in general) more, both endings were very emotional indeed. Good choice, Fia. ;)

Thank you. And I prefer the manga's ending too. ;)

I'd also like to add the classic Grave of the Fireflies and Gen of Hiroshima.

I think that last one is called Barefoot Gen, actually. I didn't feel too much pity for most of the characters that either died or had fright episodes as I was still trying to take in how graphic the atomic bomb scene was throughout most of the movie

Although the baby trying to suckle from his dead mother in the middle of the film when Gen and his mom were separated really made me depressed. Also, the dead baby was really, really sad.

. The cute visuals made that atomic bomb sequence that much more frightening, I'm afraid... :mellow:

I agree with Grave of the Fireflies,

I just finished watching Bokurano (easily found on YouTube), and I have to say, it brought me quite close to tears. Chrno Crusade's ending was also really sad, as well as Grave of the Fireflies.

I almost teared up at that, especially when

Lelouch tried to use Geass to keep her from dying.

That got to me.

yeah that also got to me. But one thing that confuses me is

he had already used his geass on her once and it looked like it was going through the second time