Character bios

1 hour ago, Florete said:

This just got some credence; while the leaker intended to block it out, people photoshopped the image and found that it was a leak for Neon White releasing June 16...which just got confirmed at the Summer Game Fest. Including that it's releasing for Switch and PC.

So at the very least this email is real, though it doesn't technically confirm a Nintendo Direct. In fact, the game getting its release date confirmed already means this email probably says nothing whatsoever about a potential direct.

Actually I think from what I've been reading at certain speculation sites, that Neon White being revealed at SGF knocks the Direct date back to uncertainty.

Regardless, Wolves tweets seem to be happening (will update at the later tweet with Yuri's skill and preferred class).

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

Actually I think from what I've been reading at certain speculation sites, that Neon White being revealed at SGF knocks the Direct date back to uncertainty.

Yeah, that's what I said in my second paragraph lol.

Trickster was already confirmed by looking at certain Thief skills. I'm presuming it to be the Master tier of Assassin, though it could be a sidegrade to assassin.

By the same method, Sniper and Bow Knight is confirmed from Archer, Warrior is confirmed for Brigand (no hint of a master class), Grappler and War Master are confirmed for Brawler, Mortal Savant is confirmed for Mercenary/Swordmaster.

I have a lot of concerns with this class system. War Master from Grappler is a terrible choice when they could have used War Monk, and Warrior is potentially left without a master class. No hints of Great Knight. The master class of mage being Gremory brings up gender locking woes, which would be pretty terrible if female mages and healers were just arbitrarily way better again. No idea where wyverns fit in, despite seeing Seteth as one. No idea where Hero fits in, despite seeing Holst as one. 

15 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I have a lot of concerns with this class system. War Master from Grappler is a terrible choice when they could have used War Monk, and Warrior is potentially left without a master class. No hints of Great Knight. The master class of mage being Gremory brings up gender locking woes, which would be pretty terrible if female mages and healers were just arbitrarily way better again. No idea where wyverns fit in, despite seeing Seteth as one. No idea where Hero fits in, despite seeing Holst as one. 

I recall seeing Wyvern Rider / Lord branching off Brigand in one of the preview videos, and similarly Great Knight from ...Warrior I think? Similarly Holy and Dark Knights peel off Paladin.

Trying to find the video in question.

3 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Just a green unit for the pre-miniskip mission.

Sounds like he'll probably become playable just like Jeritza. I haven't played the GD and BL demos, and might not do so because I'd just tackle them with NG+.

5 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

I recall seeing Wyvern Rider / Lord branching off Brigand in one of the preview videos, and similarly Great Knight from ...Warrior I think? Similarly Holy and Dark Knights peel off Paladin.

Trying to find the video in question.

Great Knight probably branches off fortress knight. That would make more sense. Wyvern Rider/Lord off Brigand makes sense too. But if it carries over the brigand moveset as a dismount, why would anyone go Warrior which still seems weirdly capped at Advanced Tier.

19 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Great Knight probably branches off fortress knight. That would make more sense. Wyvern Rider/Lord off Brigand makes sense too. But if it carries over the brigand moveset as a dismount, why would anyone go Warrior which still seems weirdly capped at Advanced Tier.

Speaking of master classes, I don’t remember but does Mage’s ploy/wisdom work for Gremory in its description?

Lysithea is Gregory I recall I need her musou attack from the trailer the generic  is fine but I want that one! Dorothea too I'll just have to wait  and Yuri looks like a vampire lol 🧛‍♂️ 

Will Hapi be a mage I hope she has a cool moveset and not what's already there

What will Constance be?! A mage or what 

1 minute ago, ciphertul said:

I mean she has the Gremory’s fur scarf so…

Oh will I never played three houses so I'm not familiar with them 

This is my second fire emblem game I'm still new lol

13 minutes ago, Queen Hilda said:

Oh will I never played three houses so I'm not familiar with them 

This is my second fire emblem game I'm still new lol

Oh my bad, her outfits just screams Gremory which is sad she should be a dark flier.

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Oh my bad, her outfits just screams Gremory which is sad she should be a dark flier.

This 200% - a magic primary mounted or flying class not being included is actually really painful since the latter definitely has precedence and the former would be quite a ride to use.

Footlocked Hapi is a bit strange honestly come to think of it...

11 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

This 200% - a magic primary mounted or flying class not being included is actually really painful since the latter definitely has precedence and the former would be quite a ride to use.

It does make me wonder why it seems like only the trickster got ported. Valkyrie could be our only horse mage (if Holy and Dark knights are Lance locked), Dark Flier has zero competition and is a huge missing gap then without War Monk ladies can’t punch things again. At least men can get to Warlock.

7 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

It does make me wonder why it seems like only the trickster got ported. Valkyrie could be our only horse mage (if Holy and Dark knights are Lance locked), Dark Flier has zero competition and is a huge missing gap then without War Monk ladies can’t punch things again. At least men can get to Warlock.

I would rather have no class access than bad class access. Males being capped at Warlock/Bishop is a bigger design flaw than males not having access to Pegasus/Falcon Knight. Females being capped at Warrior is a worse design flaw than not having access to the Brawler line. Why? Because it means that characters are still being designed for these limited classes, with a huge innate disadvantage. Male mages and especially healers suck in Three Houses, with females getting better infantry, exclusive flying, and even easier access to cavalry. Female axe wielders would suck if they couldn't transition to wyverns.

And no, playable War Monk wouldn't mean Marianne could punch things, unless they make it part of the Priest class line.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I would rather have no class access than bad class access. Males being capped at Warlock/Bishop is a bigger design flaw than males not having access to Pegasus/Falcon Knight. Females being capped at Warrior is a worse design flaw than not having access to the Brawler line. Why? Because it means that characters are still being designed for these limited classes, with a huge innate disadvantage. Male mages suck in Three Houses, with females getting better infantry, exclusive flying, and even easier access to cavalry. Female axe wielders would suck if they couldn't transition to wyverns.

And no, playable War Monk wouldn't mean Marianne could punch things, unless they make it part of the Priest class line.

Except this is 3 Hopes and here having no access to a class is worse then limited. You want skills, stats don’t have nearly as much effect.

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Except this is 3 Hopes and here having no access to a class is worse then limited. You want skills, stats don’t have nearly as much effect.

We do not know what the full practical impact of stats are, so that is flat false. I'll admit, however that Marianne not having access to Concentration sucks because it would have been a good fit for her unique skill.

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

We do not know what the full practical impact of stats are, so that is flat false. I'll admit, however that Marianne not having access to Concentration sucks because it would have been a good fit for her unique skill.

It’s not flat false, does Lysithea having half as much Str as Mag make her bad as a Myrmidon? No she does just fine. 

10 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

It’s not flat false, does Lysithea having half as much Str as Mag make her bad as a Myrmidon? No she does just fine. 

It's early game, and everyone's stats are pretty low, everywhere.

Stats in FEW were "insignificant" until luck literally broke the game.

4 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

It's early game, and everyone's stats are pretty low, everywhere.

Stats in FEW were "insignificant" until luck literally broke the game.

The point still stands, as it is weapons and skills will have much great effects then stats.

While not the most intuitive test a 11 Str Marianne using a 26 might Iron Axe clears just slightly lower then Hilda with 23 Str and 50 might Freikugel

2 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Oh dark flier seems cool I can't wait til I play ashen wolves 

7 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

She's probably not footlocked, her trailer showed her wearing an outfit resembling the Dark Knight attire, just using the dismounted version of it.

As for whether Dark Knight and Holy Knight use lances or tomes, I could see them functioning like Fighter does and having two separate movesets depending on whether you equip a lance or a tome.