Bertram SPOILERS SPOILERS!

Liz

I did, but not because I saw him (because you don't even see Renning till you play RD).

I dunno, all the dialogue about Bertram and Renning seemed to be another cliche to me.

you do see that drawing where he is riding his horse after Elincia tells her story of how she ended up in the forest in the first place.

and it was a bit cliche and predictable, especially considering that Elincia has a special boss conversation with her, and he's all "KILL ME" or something like that.

all i ever wondered is how he became insane.

you do see that drawing where he is riding his horse after Elincia tells her story of how she ended up in the forest in the first place.

and it was a bit cliche and predictable, especially considering that Elincia has a special boss conversation with her, and he's all "KILL ME" or something like that.

You wondered or do you still wonder?

Also, I never even saw that drawing you're talking about, must've been one of the many things I skipped and never saw.

Lots of story in FE is predictable >_>

You wondered or do you still wonder?

Also, I never even saw that drawing you're talking about, must've been one of the many things I skipped and never saw.

Lots of story in FE is predictable >_>

it was when Elincia was being very emotional. either that or when Soren was talking about Daein's sudden attack. can't remember which.

and i wondered, since i already know what happened to him. i don't wonder anymore. i've already played Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Empress Alina

I knew Bertram was Renning as soon as I laid eyes on him. The mustache was a dead giveaway, and Renning is mentioned for the first time in quite a while not long before Bertram's chapter.

I had a looming suspicion, since he was obsessed with telling me to kill him, and then after looking at Vincent's page on Bertram, there was not a shadow of doubt left.

Lol. In PoR, I had no idea. In RD, when I reached the chapter when he appears together with Bastian, I was like: "Hey! It's Renning!" and then: "No, wait... It's that Bertham."

And yet it was Renning. :rolleyes:

I never predict stories in any kind of entertainment, so I didn't know it was him, but was curious to know who the man was behind that visor ever since Soren and Ike talked of him being a possible monster. I actually thought he was gonna turn into a giant snake or something when you attacked him LOL! :lol:

It's entirely likely by the time that I picked up FE9 (about a year after it came out) that I had read something about the possible connection, but when I actually played through and got to the chapter with him as the boss, the resemblance to Renning in the opening of Chapter 4 and his general, unnatural craziness made it a dead giveaway anyway. (Plus, Elincia's conversation only added to giving it away...)

Same here. Renning was also often mentioned but served no real purpose. Then Elincia mentioned here uncle at the beginning of the chapter who you fight Bertram. And then when asked about him Soren said that Bertram appeared first AFTER the invasion of crimea and became quickly one of the Four Riders.

However I started to doubt this since no other of the Crimean servants had a boss conversation (well, exept with Elinica of course and this one hasn't explained anything.) I thought it would not make much sense that a mysterie like stayed unsolved and Bertram really looked like Renning but there was no way to get the game to (Argh, I must find my dictonary :( ) to make the game to say that I was right.

However there were a lots of other unanswered questions like: Who is the person Sothe is looking for. Why dosn't he promote? And why dosn't the worst possibile event happen: That the Dark God frees himself from the Medalion. And at the end they give the song to release the Dark God to Sanaki. (To be honest I was expecting here to become evil and the big antigotanist. Oh yea and I expected Ike to become insane and Volke to fulfils his contract ore at last that he trys to)I figured that I was right and that this all smelled heavily like stuff for a sequel.

Edited by BrightBow-User

I didn't realize it until it was revealed in RD. Looking back, I can totally see it.

This. Though I always knew that there was more to Bertram then what they led on. I'm glad that they did something with him in RD.