CLANNAD

Raven

I've just watched episode 13, and

they've just registered to get married

It's following up the rear of the movie... Very close. Which makes me sad...

I'm pretty sure it's gonna follow the Games plot, so yeah. I know what you mean, but in the end, Clannad IS a happy story. :D

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure it's gonna follow the Games plot, so yeah. I know what you mean, but in the end, Clannad IS a happy story. :D

But...

Nagisa dies

... There's nothing happy about that, other than the fact she

gives birth

. But that's besides the point... ;__;

But...

Nagisa dies

... There's nothing happy about that, other than the fact she

gives birth

. But that's besides the point... ;__;

I've never seen the movie, so I don't know where they end it or anything, or how they do it, but it's not exactly like that.

They HAVE to make her die in the show, if she doesn't, it would be completely different. It would ruin the shows message and everything. But before I go on, does the movie cut off right after she dies? Or does it go on longer?

I've never seen the movie, so I don't know where they end it or anything, or how they do it, but it's not exactly like that.

They HAVE to make her die in the show, if she doesn't, it would be completely different. It would ruin the shows message and everything. But before I go on, does the movie cut off right after she dies? Or does it go on longer?

The movie

goes on for a bit after, shows how he became depressed and anti-social, not even making an effort with his friends, and how he avoided his own daughter

. The movie ends when

Tomoya finally meets his daughter after (what I believe is) five years

The movie

goes on for a bit after, shows how he became depressed and anti-social, not even making an effort with his friends, and how he avoided his own daughter

. The movie ends when

Tomoya finally meets his daughter after (what I believe is) five years

Ah. I see. That is expanded a lot more in the game.

I guess you could say the overall theme of the game is that people are still able to find real happiness even after things like that. You probably need to see it or play it to know.

Honestly, I never trust the movies for these things, as they tend to remove or butcher things way more than is necessary... :(

Ah. I see. That is expanded a lot more in the game.

I guess you could say the overall theme of the game is that people are still able to find real happiness even after things like that. You probably need to see it or play it to know.

Honestly, I never trust the movies for these things, as they tend to remove or butcher things way more than is necessary... :(

If it was released in English language or had a translation patch, I'd play the game, too... No doubt the series will follow the game events more than the movie, hopefully.

Episode 14 of After Story... Whooooooaaaaaa...!!

Nagisa's pregnant...

One step closer to the end.

Edited by Raven

• 2 weeks later...

I recently heard that this anime isn't going to be dubbed... GODDAMMIT!!!! Why the hell not!? If it's true, that's so lame because Kanon and Air were done so well!

^As much as I agree, I don't think many (if any) people on this board actually care. But what the hell is the point of localizing it without putting it in our language? I'm not paying $40 for something I've already seen for free.

I sympathise with you both, and the rest of the Clannad fans who wanted a dub to be released.

As for episode 15 of After Story... I knew it was coming after seeing the movie, but still...

Nagisa's been told that giving birth will be dangerous and that she may die ...

After Story episode 16, it made me cry, worse than any other time I've watched an anime and cried... Worse than Makoto in Kanon...

Ushio is born... Nagisa dies seconds later... I hate it...

After Story episode 16, it made me cry, worse than any other time I've watched an anime and cried... Worse than Makoto in Kanon...

Ushio is born... Nagisa dies seconds later... I hate it...

:( sadface

Honestly, I was more saddened by Tomoya's little breakdown shit, and how he's all sad than I was about Nagisa. I dunno though, death like that doesn't seem to affect me as much.

^I dare not read the spoiler but I now know I'm in for something when I get to episode 16.

You will work it out while watching episode 15... ='[

:( sadface

Honestly, I was more saddened by Tomoya's little breakdown shit, and how he's all sad than I was about Nagisa. I dunno though, death like that doesn't seem to affect me as much.

Both hit me hard. Tomoya's breakdown and flashbacks, and seeing Nagisa lifeless after all the time she was a major part of Clannad, it's just so sudden...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm downloading episode 18 now... I still can't believe it, though...

Fox, how far are you on After Story now that you can watch it?

1 episode so far. It felt kind of pointless, though...

I love After Story's opening though. That's one of the best parts of every episode.

Episode 18 was great for me. I think its easing into the happier tone now. Either way, so far Clannad is one of my favorite shows EVAH! :D

It's easing into a happy tone, but for some reason, I don't think it will stay that way. It has 24 episodes, I'm guessing. It's on episode 18. What will fill the remaining five episodes?

It's easing into a happy tone, but for some reason, I don't think it will stay that way. It has 24 episodes, I'm guessing. It's on episode 18. What will fill the remaining five episodes?

I don't want to spoil anything, but even just saying what I think might kind of do it, so progress at your own risk?

I think that it'll stay pretty much happy. There might be sad parts, but its more going to be recovery here, I think. I think its going to stay with the true happiness theme, and whatnot.

I've downloaded every episode so far and am currently downloading the movie, so now I just have to catch up.

Eps 2 and 3 were hilarious, but with a strangely serious tone to them.

Don't watch the movie yet... Leave it until After Story is finished. I wish I did...

And Revan, I think I know what you've said in the spoiler, but I don't really want to confirm anything yet, until it becomes obvious.

Edit: I guessed wrong after I highlighted your text.

Edited by Raven

Don't watch the movie yet... Leave it until After Story is finished. I wish I did...

And Revan, I think I know what you've said in the spoiler, but I don't really want to confirm anything yet, until it becomes obvious.

Edit: I guessed wrong after I highlighted your text.

Again, I'm not sure what they'll do, and it might just be the fact that I personally am a very "silver lining" ish person who's always happy, but I *think* that's probably going to be the tone.

Again, I'm not sure what they'll do, and it might just be the fact that I personally am a very "silver lining" ish person who's always happy, but I *think* that's probably going to be the tone.

I hope it stays happy... Because I can't take much more sadness. What happened in episode 16 was just the worst of anything I've ever watched...