favorite Ascended Hero?

Ace_

I would have to say Idunn since she's the only ascended hero I legitimately use, but Fjorm, Laegjarn, Joshua, and Florina are probably my favorite ascended heroes among what we have because I think that they adhere to the initial concept behind ascended heroes better than any other unit right now. They're heroes that have grown since we first met them, and the new classes they're put into are meant to show that.

Joshua. He's doing his best being the one and only guy in the m:f ratio.

Really, though, I haven't found one I really care about all that much yet. Looking forward to what Eir looks like as the life ascendant. Also looking forward to whatever the Hel one looks like. And if Alfonse gets to be one for Askr.

Of all the Ascended characters we have so far (Fjorm, Laegjarn, Joshua, Idunn, Mareeta, Ishtar, Florina, Celica), I'd have to say it goes to either Joshua or Celica, based PURELY on favorite character and not favorite unit. For unit, I probably use Idunn the most.

Joshua is my favorite, with Ishtar being a close 2nd.

In terms of uniqueness, Joshua definitely wins this hands down.

Ishtar is just so damn fun to use with the amount of overkill firepower she has. What she lacks in terms of unique factor (She's just another blue tome nuke) she more then makes up for in just raw effective power

Edited by Faellin

I like Mareeta's art. It would be perfect if her sword weren't a giant block of metal.

59 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Am I the only one who thinks Ascended Celica looks slightly cross eyed?

You're not the only one. Her left eye is looking at the viewer, but her right eye is pointed to the viewer's right.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're not the only one. Her left eye is looking at the viewer, but her right eye is pointed to the viewer's right.

It really turns her off for me. Though I was also biased to begin with for just not liking her as a pick for Ascended Unit.

Same, so it's ironic that she's the only one I'm actively using right now. Only because she's in my FB team as she's fairly low on SP, but still. Besides her, I only have Fjorm and Florina. I appreciate that Fjorm brings something relatively new to the table in terms of kit, but I don't like the look. Florina is kinda neat in terms of the teleportation gimmick but she's failed to replace the raw power of Duo Hinoka.

I'd like to say I like Laegjarn the best, but that's only because she's a cavalry unit, and I don't actually have her yet.

Mine are Joshua and Idunn. With the exception of Mareeta (I don't know enough about Jugdral to know for sure), they're the only ones that have radically changed from the way they were in their original titles, whereas everyone else is exactly who they were before only with more experience (actually, I don't even know if A!Celica is meant to be from before or after the events of FE2!) So... yeah: seeing Joshua as king and Idunn living a happier life makes them more interesting to me than the other Ascendeds.

In terms of gameplay, I use Laegjarn the most, with Fjorm added to teams for GHBs and the like as needed (and Idunn even less). I think it goes without saying that I tend to prefer PP playstyles~

39 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Mine are Joshua and Idunn. With the exception of Mareeta (I don't know enough about Jugdral to know for sure), they're the only ones that have radically changed from the way they were in their original titles, whereas everyone else is exactly who they were before only with more experience (actually, I don't even know if A!Celica is meant to be from before or after the events of FE2!) So... yeah: seeing Joshua as king and Idunn living a happier life makes them more interesting to me than the other Ascendeds.

Yeah, I definitely agree with this. It feels like King Joshua was a perfect execution of the idea. A character of in universe importance, but narrative mid tier in his own game. A different class that's also based on a way he can fight, and a different personality and direction in life than what we see from him in any other incarnation. As for Idoun, that's following up on Binding Blade's secret ending which was likely to become a thing in Heroes eventually anyway.

As for Celica, it's after the game. I know, it's weird, they constantly refer to her as priestess instead of her publically acknowledged status of princess, but she refers to meeting Mila at the end of Shadows if Valentia. So it's a post game Celica learning the same lesson she learned in game >.>

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

As for Idoun, that's following up on Binding Blade's secret ending which was likely to become a thing in Heroes eventually anyway

I know, but it's still great to see how she turned out after her treatments there! It's really heartwarming stuff!

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

So it's a post game Celica learning the same lesson she learned in game >.>

She could certainly do with having that lesson drilled into her head though. Thanks for letting me know!