Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scheduling is so weird, but anyways, updated main post.

weird how there is no break indicator for the enemy despite there being a WTA for them. Still no info on the actual conditions.

23 minutes ago, Crubat said:

weird how there is no break indicator for the enemy despite there being a WTA for them. Still no info on the actual conditions.

Which reinforces the theory that initiating combat is one condition for breaking.

Anyways, here are my observations:

- The second part of his class is Cooperation/Coordination/Link

- We finally see an enemy's stat in battle for the first time! Their class is Sword Knight / Calvary. Apparently the weapon triangle does not grant hit bonus/penalty, unless Celine's skill has +/- Hit effect. On that topic, I still can't guess what does Celine's skill do, since it does not grant/reduce damage in battle either.

- Animations in Boucheron's talking clip feel a little more stiff, not as smooth as other characters'. I hope that will get fixed when the game is released.

2 hours ago, Crubat said:

1 hour ago, kienquocsi said:

Which reinforces the theory that initiating combat is one condition for breaking.

Maybe you need WTA and be the initiator?

1 hour ago, kienquocsi said:

The second part of his class is Cooperation/Coordination/Link

Oh, that's very interesting! It's also the first sub-type other than perhaps "Dragon" (and maybe "Spy" if it's not the same as "Thief") that doesn't explicitly imply a movement type, so I guess those represent archetypes instead? I wonder if this means Boucheron is going to be geared towards support somehow (either personally or via his available classes).

2 hours ago, Crubat said:

scheduling is so weird, but anyways, updated main post.

Yeah, I wonder if there was something going on in Japan from Friday to yesterday, and what this means for a Thursday/ Friday post.

Not gonna lie, this is probably my favorite design so far. Okay, it's a bit irritating that the orange/green coloring of his clothes is too similar to his hair & eye colors, but still a rock-solid design all-around.

Now release the second trailer.

Edited by Ziegenpeter

14 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

...what exactly was Chloe fighting in her trailer? Because judging by the fact that it faded away when it was killed, it can't be human. It reminds me of the Risen soldiers in Awakening.

Well, it's been hinted that there's something supernatural going on in the Direct trailer and these guys have been popping up in at least three maps.

1 hour ago, Ziegenpeter said:

Not gonna lie, this is probably my favorite design so far. Okay, it's a bit irritating that the orange/green coloring of his clothes is too similar to his hair & eye colors, but still a rock-solid design all-around.

Now release the second trailer.

I guess it goes to show the different color palette preferences. I ascribe to the belief that a good character color palette is about 3-5 colors, and all of those colors should match up with something else somewhere. IE: it irks me when a character's sword has red, but red appears nowhere in their armor/clothing palette (Chrom!)

My issue with this, and most of the other designs so far is that they lack grounding colors. A little brown, black, or dark gray would go a long way to bring the bright colors together, and some earth tones would have even fit the Firenese theme.

So ! Giant fabulous man.

- Interesting looking skill. Nothing about him suggests a crybaby to me. I'm really curious what it does.
- Low accuracy, high attack,...decent speed actually! 6-7 Lck, which means... Iron axes should have like... 80 Hit and him 9 Skill, that's what makes the most sense numerically. That's bit high but, if they're at 70, that means he has 14 Skill. Not impossible I guess?
Edit: Nah, wouldn't match his crit rate of 4 vs a 0 Lck enemy. He has 9 Skl.

9 hours ago, Crubat said:

weird how there is no break indicator for the enemy despite there being a WTA for them.

I think we had witnessed that before, but I honestly don't...
... oh, it's in the reveal trailer. The very first enemy Alear attacks is a lance guy. But yeah, seems like it really rewards being offensive, and not the opposite. Wonder how Vantage would interact with it.

9 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

- The second part of his class is Cooperation/Coordination/Link

The kanji is the same as... I'll just post pictures.
image.png.3d451ea992c2bb26555fdd0dda662b75.pngimage.png.b943018aeb7542fbb561628b36b4a272.png

... Yeah, this guy's relevant today. He's the only other enemy (I think) we got stats for thus far, too.
It's another "Backup" type, then. Still a weird name.

9 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

I still can't guess what does Celine's skill do, since it does not grant/reduce damage in battle either.

I'm just assuming healing, a-la Azura or Dorothea, at this point. I've not seen anything else I could identify either.

What else...

- I guess they just confirmed we could tilt the camera again. Maybe we knew already. Meh.
Edit: Yeah no we've seen that a bunch of times. People even pointed it out. My bad.
- Enemy has 0 Lck again. Seems accurate in spite of that, but yeah, Slim Sword.
... wait. Céline had 42 Crit avoid with the Slim Sword, and lost 30 when equipping her Iron Sword. If that enemy has that 30 Crit avo bonus, how did this 4% crit rate happen? Or was that stat not crit avoid ? I think it was, though...
... yeah idk.

Anyway I'm not... really seeing anything else. He has a Hand axe, but with an Iron axe also in play, we can't confirm if it's 1-2 range or not. Same thing with Chloé and Alfred in their clips.

Edited by Cysx

The designs for the men seem a lot more distinct, especially with the facial designs. Compared to the women who all have the same face.

Also, I seriously hope more distinct personalities are on the horizon. "Polite and kind" literally describes every character they've shown off so far.

Edited by Sentinel07

I'm really interested to see how they'll follow up now that we have Boucheron. He's the last of the main ten we've been consistently seeing. Obviously there are a few more who we've seen like Citrinne and some of the other unnamed units we saw in the trailer, but we've gotten the first ten plus the first three emblems all accounted for so I'm excited to see where they go from here and if we'll move kingdom or if they'll stick with Firense.

8 minutes ago, Azz said:

I'm really interested to see how they'll follow up now that we have Boucheron. He's the last of the main ten we've been consistently seeing. Obviously there are a few more who we've seen like Citrinne and some of the other unnamed units we saw in the trailer, but we've gotten the first ten plus the first three emblems all accounted for so I'm excited to see where they go from here and if we'll move kingdom or if they'll stick with Firense.

Now they will back pedal and give bases.

2 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Gotta be a kid sitting on the shoulders of another kid. Or maybe the big reveal is that he's riding a human-shaped mech suit. Why won't they just confirm this is a game about mecha combat already? 

He does suffer from a bad case of World of Warcraft body, doesn't he?

9 hours ago, Cysx said:

The kanji is the same as... I'll just post pictures.
image.png.3d451ea992c2bb26555fdd0dda662b75.pngimage.png.b943018aeb7542fbb561628b36b4a272.png

... Yeah, this guy's relevant today. He's the only other enemy (I think) we got stats for thus far, too.
It's another "Backup" type, then. Still a weird name.

Can't believe I did not see that despite watching the trailer so many times. Thanks for pointing it out! I guess that means Bucheron's class's second half will be "Backup" in the English version.

9 hours ago, Cysx said:

- Low accuracy, high attack,...decent speed actually! 6-7 Lck, which means... Iron axes should have like... 80 Hit and him 9 Skill, that's what makes the most sense numerically. That's bit high but, if they're at 70, that means he has 14 Skill. Not impossible I guess?
Edit: Nah, wouldn't match his crit rate of 4 vs a 0 Lck enemy. He has 9 Skl.

I'm curious, how do you calculate raw stats just from battle stats like that?

9 hours ago, Cysx said:

... wait. Céline had 42 Crit avoid with the Slim Sword, and lost 30 when equipping her Iron Sword. If that enemy has that 30 Crit avo bonus, how did this 4% crit rate happen? Or was that stat not crit avoid ? I think it was, though...
... yeah idk.

Slim Sword does grant 30 Crit Avoid in Celine's clip, you are not wrong. I think:

1) The internal stats in Bucheron's clip has been altered so he can land a crit, or

2) Celine's slim sword has been modified for some reason, since 30 crit avoid is huge.

3) Some other skills at play that we don't know.

Anyways, this is not really related to the twitter posts, but I found something interesting while rewatching the Japanese trailer:

At the end, at the part where Alear says "She asked me to gather all the rings...", the Japanese trailer specifies that it was his mother who asked him. Interesting...

2 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

They literally show up in the UI.

Only hard part is figuring out what the weapons do and guessing how lucky the enemy is.

Unless, you know, certain parts of the game has been rigged to become an crit machine. Can you imagine just how many takes this would have been through with an 4% crit rate?

Edited by Armchair General

So, for convenience  the enemy's phy. At. is 13, hit rate is at 124, 8 def,  10 spd, 20 Avoid, and I can't make out the resistance stat.

And Boucheron has 20 atk, 101 hit, 7 def, 8 spd (which is likely penalized), and 19 avoid.

It's kind of hard to tell exactly what his skill stat is because the monster's luck partially counteracts it and we don't have the stats for the standard axe that he's using

And I also just noticed that these corrupted enemies have an monster icon next to their class, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how the new set of blessed weapons would look.

Edited by Armchair General

On 11/16/2022 at 4:00 AM, kienquocsi said:

Can't believe I did not see that despite watching the trailer so many times. Thanks for pointing it out! I guess that means Bucheron's class's second half will be "Backup" in the English version.

Slim Sword does grant 30 Crit Avoid in Celine's clip, you are not wrong. I think:

1) The internal stats in Bucheron's clip has been altered so he can land a crit, or

2) Celine's slim sword has been modified for some reason, since 30 crit avoid is huge.

3) Some other skills at play that we don't know.

Anyways, this is not really related to the twitter posts, but I found something interesting while rewatching the Japanese trailer:

At the end, at the part where Alear says "She asked me to gather all the rings...", the Japanese trailer specifies that it was his mother who asked him. Interesting...

I can only calculate because they give us the AS and the avoid stats every time. The initial formulas for Avoid, Accuracy, Crit and Crit avoid have all been all but confirmed by now.

(Avoid - ASx2)×2 is Lck(can be one more since it's rounded down). Then you substract that half Lck from Hit, and since Skl×2 will always be even, and historically weapon hit rates have always ended in 0 or 5, the result tells you which one it is. And with a rough idea of weapon hit, you get Skl.

Can't tell attack power for sure though, to my knowledge. Although with all we got this far, we can guesswork them pretty well.

The thing about the 30 crit avoid is that Framme's initial weapon gave I think 25 too? So it's just kinda weird.
Pointless late edit, but Framme's weapon also has 30, not 25.

Completely missed that from the japanese trailer, that's kinda funny considering how many times I've rewatched it. I do skip the talky bits though:p

Edited by Cysx