Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ENGAGING IS A FULL CLASS SWAP, OH MY GOD THAT'S RAD! Seems like every other Lord's main theme also get a new remix while Engaged, as that's a new version of Path of the Hero-King.

Damn, Vander looks RAD in the blue, but I'm curious about why his wings is a whole armory? Does every have their own set of wings?

Actually, Vander seems to be wearing an entirely different suit? And Framme seems to struggle to Break the Axe Armor, so more confirmation that it is tied to Weapon Ranks.

Marth's skills are Perceptive, which is Nihil, and his Godspeed skill grants another attack.

It seems like Lodestar Rush attacks the foe 7 times with 30% of your Speed, and you get an extra 2 attacks if you match the Type. I have no idea WTF would even NEED that level of overkill, but fun nonetheless!

ACTUALLY, there's a lot new information! Seems like the official website is up!

任天堂株式会社 on Twitter: "[任天堂HP]『ファイアーエムブレム エンゲージ』の公式サイトを公開しました。 本作の新たなバトルシステムを紹介する「指輪の力の使い方」映像も掲載しています。 #FEエンゲージ" / Twitter

Edited by KoriCongo

1 minute ago, KoriCongo said:

Damn, Vander looks RAD in the blue, but I'm curious about why his wings is a whole armory? Does every have their own set of wings?

Actually, Vander seems to be wearing an entirely different suit?

He's engaging with sigurd im p sure

14 minutes ago, Crubat said:

He's engaging with sigurd im p sure

I actually jumped the gun and was watching a different video where they go over Marth!

Before Vander engages, he's unarmored, he has this weird Fighter-esque outfit on. I'm...unsure why? A costume? Class change?

Anyway, seems like many of my predictions in terms of weapon gifts ended up wrong!

Celica grants Tomes to her wielder, and has a mini-Galeforce effect as a skill when Engaged! She can let her wielder strike two foes, one after another! Though she is locked to the place you first attacked (so something like Njourn's Zeal from Heroes). Her ultimate is Warp Ragnarok, an AoE spell that lets you teleport to a foe's space.
Sigurd grants Lances to his wielder and a horse to his wielder, +2 to movement, and his ultimate is Override, a linear AOE attack that moves you forward.
Lyn grants Bows to her wielder, as well as granting them an additional Chain Attack when used. It's Pair Up, but with themselves! Her major attack seems to be a 
Corrin grants Brawling, and a short-range Fortify effect, reference her Hoshidan Noble class. She grants her wielder Dragon Fang Shot, a line attack that also seems to inflict Draconic Hex on those that survive (might also be another passive).
Byleth grants his wielder a random Hero Relic, might cycle between Sword of the Creator, Failnaught, Aymr, and Areadbhar, like in Smash~. He seems to have a long-range rally, and for some reason is the DANCER, his skill refreshes all units in cardinal directions of the user!

Edited by KoriCongo

3 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

She grants her wielder Dragon Fang Shot, a line attack that also seems to inflict Draconic Hex on those that survive (might also be another passive).

Site says it reduces their evasion and not much else

5 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

Corrin grants Brawling

I see only katanas in her inventory, where do you see that?

Also, Celica has galeforce it seems

5 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Site says it reduces their evasion and not much else

I see only katanas in her inventory, where do you see that?

Also, Celica has galeforce it seems

Ah, yeah, do see a katana, was confused cause of the new monk guy having Brawling.

Actually, who is this dude, he seems to be an actual monk! Not even a War Cleric!

EDIT: God, there's a lot of information to parse. For some correction:
Lyn's skill is Afterimage. It's the old Invoke spell, you create 4 duplicates of yourself that can be used as decoys and grant Attack Stance strikes if you attack next to one another! Her Ultimate/Engage Skill is Meteor Shower (might be called Astral Barrage to reference Astra in localization, calling that now), a long range bow strike that hits 5 times.

36.jpg

Also Demonic Beasts are back! FUN!

Edited by KoriCongo

So I can with confidence say I truly doubt reclassing to be here. If the emblem have that effect then more then likely will stay unique to them. I can’t wait to watch this after work.

Edit: Called it on Ivy and Hortensia.

Edited by ciphertul

Huh, Marth's Perceptive skill isn't Nihil, it JUST increases Evasion by +15, and more by additional speed over the foes.

Why use the symbol, then?

His Divine Speed Synchro Skill (what is this, YGO 5DS??) grants another attack with 50% attack, and heals Alear/other Dragon-Type wielders by damage dealt after combat.
EDIT: It seems the Types we've been seeing are Fighting Styles, and that Alear's Dragon Type will have an additional effect with most Engage Skills and Ultimates, such as how Alear gets +2 hits on their Lodestar Rush.

Edited by KoriCongo

6 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

His Divine Speed Synchro Skill (what is this, YGO 5DS??) grants another attack with 50% attack, and heals Alear/other Dragon-Type wielders by damage dealt after combat.
EDIT: It seems the Types we've been seeing are Fighting Styles, and that Alear's Dragon Type will have an additional effect with most Engage Skills and Ultimates, such as how Alear gets +2 hits on their Lodestar Rush.

So it is more or less a rather arbitrary limit on who can/should use which emblem. So Marth is more or less far less optimal on everyone but Alear.

Spoiler

Or Witchy dragon if playable and Vale.

Edited by ciphertul

The buffs do seem to be quite small, and it is ultimately to A) give Protagonist Privilege to the MC and B) compensate for the fact that they have a weakness they can't get rid of and will Game Over you if the bites the dust.

It's not like Alear can use every ring at once, it just adds another layer of distribution management to the Emblems.
EDIT CAUSE APPARAENTLY I'M DOING THIS ALOT TODAY:
GRIFFON RIDERS ARE BACK!

Edited by KoriCongo

1 minute ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

They’re not playing games anymore as I expected after Pokemon release and it’s just 2 months to go!

It might be a distraction, it may be over blown but people are treat Scarlet and Violet as second Cyberpunks right now.

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

It might be a distraction, it may be over blown but people are treat Scarlet and Violet as second Cyberpunks right now.

Yeah not to be off topic but I haven’t experienced any bug or glitches from those games so I guess it’s a bit overblown should it get iron out absolutely my experience so far hasn’t been ruined yet.

Byleth's trailer shows off something neat: the Emblems do have thigns to say to the other cast members, not just Alear!

Here's him intimidating Alcryst, probably for being bow-locked!

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/ayfna/assets/img/modal_chara/byleth/movie_01.mp4

EDIT: And Lyn has something to say to Etie!
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/ayfna/assets/img/modal_chara/lyn/movie_01.mp4

Edited by KoriCongo

10 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

ファイアーエムブレム エンゲージ:世界の命運を握る者たち | Nintendo Switch | 任天堂
Oh, the official site has gameplay and story tidbits for every character shown in the Story Trailer!

Oh wow, they really are going all out, huh? Again, I hope they don't overdo it, but it seems like that hope will be in vain at this point.

5 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

Byleth's trailer shows off something neat: the Emblems do have thigns to say to the other cast members, not just Alear!

Here's him intimidating Alcryst, probably for being bow-locked!

This is the highlight of the day for me. The Emblems don't exist just to talk to Alear! The cynic in me says each Emblem will only talk with Alear and one other person, but I can accept that.

I mean, I'd prefer if they talked to a few more (maybe Alear + two other Elyosians and two other Emblems each), but little victories and all that.

Edited by DefyingFates

There's a new attack trigger mechanic seen when Alear + Byleth counters a lance knight, SMASH!

It seems to push away a foe a tile!

EDIT: Hmm, that clip also have Byleth's Engage count (side note: the purple hair he gives to everyone is GAUDY, almost as bad as Lyn...) is 4 instead of 3. Seems like you can increase the length of Engage time. Interesting.

Edited by KoriCongo

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I haven't, thank you very much!

Now, back into exile I go!

Don’t blame you at this point only thing I don’t want to know about are the characters personalities or more of the story (didn’t mind the recent one since everything is still vague which I appreciate).

4 hours ago, KoriCongo said:

ファイアーエムブレム エンゲージ:世界の命運を握る者たち | Nintendo Switch | 任天堂
Oh, the official site has gameplay and story tidbits for every character shown in the Story Trailer!

They really go all out huh

- The Solm siblings' class is "Vigilante"

- The Elusian princesses' class is "Tamer"

- Timerra has a Silver Lance, an Iron Great Lance (?), a Killer Lance and a Spear in her inventory

- Fogato has a Silver Bow and a Killer Bow in his inventory. Desert maps are back, but sand does not slow down movement. Quicksand does though.

- Ivy has an Elfire, a Physics, an Elthunder, an Elwind (which is effective against flyer), and a Mend in her inventory

- Hortensia has an Elthunder, an Elwind, a Mend, a Physic, and a new (?) staff called "Collapse". Of note, Elthunder has 1-3 range and cannot double. Also, she has both red and green staff symbol

- Looks like fort gives unbreakable effect (as seen in Ivy's clip)

- Zephia is in Ivy's clip, and she can use Overdrive. The prompt on the right tells that the expected Overdrive damage will be 19

- In case you missed it, big monsters that take 4 tiles are back. 

That's all I found in battle clips for now. I may update this post as I find out more.

Edited by kienquocsi

12 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

- Hortensia has an Elthunder, an Elwind, a Mend, a Physic, and a new (?) staff called "Collapse". Of note, Elthunder has 1-3 range and cannot double. Also, she has both red and green staff symbol

Hortensia is a dark flier on a normal Pegasus? What blasphemy is this?