Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

22 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Boucheron looks okay to me. The artwork for the Alears is very nice! 

Agreed, they both look SO pretty!!

Also, English version of the new trailer for y'alls too:

Spoiler

This is probably the point I'm going to go dark, I really wish this had shown more of the mechanics instead of the story...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Agreed, they both look SO pretty!!

Also, English version of the new trailer for y'alls too:

Reveal hidden contents

This is probably the point I'm going to go dark, I really wish this had shown more of the mechanics instead of the story...

Only thing they really have to show at this point before release is how Engaged forms work, returning/new weapons, Somniel buildings. I’m not expecting another blow up trailer like this one since it feels too final probably a small reminder trailer before release.

Edited by Chloé Waifu Supremacy

5 minutes ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

Only thing they really have to show at this point before release is how Engaged forms work, returning/new weapons, Somniel buildings. I’m not expecting another blow up trailer like this one since it feels too final probably a small reminder trailer before release.

I think it was a remember this before Pokémon drops.

8 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I think it was a remember this before Pokémon drops.

Which makes it weird that they'd release it now and not after Friday, but it's probably because they don't expect anyone to be paying attention to Nintendo social media once S/V actually comes out. Which is a fair assumption to make.

17 minutes ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

Only thing they really have to show at this point before release is how Engaged forms work, returning/new weapons, Somniel buildings.

Yeah, I'm thinking we'll get an overview trailer if nothing else too - maybe with the next Nintendo Direct - just a few minutes of someone (Alear's mom or Yuri Lowenthal again probably) narrating how the mechanics are going to work. I don't know if Somniel would get that much spotlight unless we're getting a training system a la 3H again though: each shop seems self-explanatory so that part of the coverage may end up being fairly short.

That said, now that we have a bunch of new characters to look at, I wonder if we'll see everyone from this trailer in the next set of tweets or not. Maybe the reason the tweets up til this point have been so haphazard is because they were buying time until this trailer was ready? In which case they really cut it close with the last reveal being a day ago, but at least it worked out this time?

5 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Which makes it weird that they'd release it now and not after Friday, but it's probably because they don't expect anyone to be paying attention to Nintendo social media once S/V actually comes out. Which is a fair assumption to make.

Yeah, I'm thinking we'll get an overview trailer if nothing else too - maybe with the next Nintendo Direct - just a few minutes of someone (Alear's mom or Yuri Lowenthal again probably) narrating how the mechanics are going to work. I don't know if Somniel would get that much spotlight unless we're getting a training system a la 3H again though: each shop seems self-explanatory so that part of the coverage may end up being fairly short.

That said, now that we have a bunch of new characters to look at, I wonder if we'll see everyone from this trailer in the next set of tweets or not. Maybe the reason the tweets up til this point have been so haphazard is because they were buying time until this trailer was ready? In which case they really cut it close with the last reveal being a day ago, but at least it worked out this time?

I personally hope not but seeing as there’s only 9 weeks left there might not have everyone shown including the antagonists and remaking emblems.

yeah it was a reminder trailer but felt final at the same time but one more trailer not story heavy is very likely.

Just now, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

I personally hope not but seeing as there’s only 9 weeks left there might not have everyone shown including the antagonists and remaking emblems.

Only 9 weeks left? That's pretty crazy, actually...

Anyway, if so I really hope they prioritize the Emblems since there's nothing to be spoiled there, unless they do something crazy like confirming a canon route for Byleth or that he comes from a fifth golden ending or something. At the very least I hope they don't start revealing everyone in droves, contrary to how impatient people have been here thus far. I feel they should steer away from the "villain" nation at the very least, since I don't want to know how the implied political schism there plays out or how the future party members from there end up joining. I'd say that was an obvious thing to avoid, but Nintendo has always had this weird thing about being incredibly tight lipped until the last second and then blurting out all of their secrets right before launch anyway.

On 10/22/2022 at 8:03 PM, Sidereal Wraith said:

I think if they want to bring in the wow factor they need something to intrigue the player, like maybe hinting that the Emblem Rings aren’t as benign as we were first lead to believe or that the villains can use the same rings that the player can use and by doing so it somehow corrupts them.

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Only 9 weeks left? That's pretty crazy, actually...

Anyway, if so I really hope they prioritize the Emblems since there's nothing to be spoiled there, unless they do something crazy like confirming a canon route for Byleth or that he comes from a fifth golden ending or something. At the very least I hope they don't start revealing everyone in droves, contrary to how impatient people have been here thus far. I feel they should steer away from the "villain" nation at the very least, since I don't want to know how the implied political schism there plays out or how the future party members from there end up joining. I'd say that was an obvious thing to avoid, but Nintendo has always had this weird thing about being incredibly tight lipped until the last second and then blurting out all of their secrets right before launch anyway.

It’s very weird since Emblems can be corrupted yet most of them we got from the start. I guess at some point they were taken somehow(predicting not!Orsin knight dude might have something to do with that) when **** hits the fan or special bs spell the villain team uses to turn the tides.

8 minutes ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

It’s very weird since Emblems can be corrupted yet most of them we got from the start. I guess at some point they were taken somehow(predicting not!Orsin knight dude might have something to do with that) when **** hits the fan or special bs spell the villain team uses to turn the tides.

I don't think that would affect the news cycle though: we know who the 12 Emblems are, and it's not like the tweets would have to talk about when in the story they show up or what they look like when corrupted (though I imagine we'll see some of the latter). Unless I'm misunderstanding your comment?

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I don't think that would affect the news cycle though: we know who the 12 Emblems are, and it's not like the tweets would have to talk about when in the story they show up or what they look like when corrupted (though I imagine we'll see some of the latter). Unless I'm misunderstanding your comment?

I was referring about the Emblems themselves in story not the news cycle they’ll likely show all 12.

Just now, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

I was referring about the Emblems themselves in story not the news cycle they’ll likely show all 12.

Ah, my bad!

I actually had a crack theory in the "New trailer" thread that you'd get half of the Emblems early on (the most popular/ most known ones judging by the trailer), then lose them and collect the less popular Emblems to help you get them back.

Well, either that or the Emblems being corrupted will be a cutscene/ one map-only thing.

New post for listing all the twitter posts as the main post is too laggy to work on now:

November 17th (General stuff):

Spoiler

Caption: Alfred, the first prince of Firene, seeks help from Alear, the divine dragon, and together they head to the Kingdom of Firene.

Caption: The King of Divine Dragons, Lumiere, is Alear's mother. She has protected the sleeping Alear in the Holy Land of Lithos for 1000 years. She defended Alear from the attack of mysterious enemies, and implored Alear to gather the rings for world peace.

Caption: The Four Hounds, who plot to resurrect the Fell Dragon, Sombron. They work together with the country of Elusia, worshippers of the Fell Dragon, to attack Alear and their allies.

Caption: Firene is a philanthropic country in southwest Elyos, ruled by Queen Eve, who promotes peace and tolerance. It is in a peaceful alliance neighbouring countries Brodia and Solm.

November 18th (Lumiere and Vale/Vail):

Spoiler

Caption: The Holy Land of Lithos is ruled by Alear's mother Lumiere, the Divine Dragon King. At the center of Elyos, it's a peaceful area, where refreshing winds blow in the plateaus, and light and grass interweave. Alear has spent a thousand years sleeping on a floating island on Lithos.

Caption: Lumiere is the King of Divine Dragons who rules the Holy Land Lithos, and is Alear's mother. She is a hero of Elyos, who helped humans in the war against the Fell Dragon a thousand years ago.

Caption: Lumiere has waited for Alear to wake up for a thousand long years. To defend Alear from the strange soldiers, she defeats them in her Divine Dragon form.
Video:
Alear: "There's still so many? Now there's a dragon too?!"
Lumiere: "Finally, you're awake..."

Vail/Vale is a mysterious girl who suddenly appeared when Alear was assaulted by strange soldiers, saving them. It seems she's travelling to find someone.

Caption: Vail/Vale used magic to easily send the strange soldier packing. Why did she appear on the battlefield?
Video: Vail/Vale: "...That was close. Are you okay?"

November 21st (Brodia):

Spoiler

Caption: Brodia is a militant country founded in northwest Elyos. It's a rich and powerful country ruled by Emperor Morion, a man who values pride and strength. It has been at war several times with the neighbouring Elusia, the ones who worship the Fell Dragon.

Caption: Diamant is the First Prince of the Kingdom of Brodia, and brother of Alcryst. He's been receiving proper education to become the next king, and seems to have the people's trust.

Caption: Diamant has a serious personality with much fortitude and vigour, and he respects his father, the king, from the bottom of his heart.

Caption: Diamant's starting class is Lord. As one who inherits the blood who lead others as rulers, they use elegant swordplay.
Diamant: "Let's go." "Please watch, father!" "They were strong."
Skill is called Head-on Duel

Caption: As future king of the Kingdom of Brodia, Diamant demonstrates honour and dignity, and seems to be building good relations with the Kingdom of Firene.
Video:
Diamant: "I've heard rumours of you. I'm honoured to meet you."
Alear: "The honour's all mine, Prince Diamant."
Diamant: "Also, welcome, Prince Alfred of Firene. You must have come a long way. I've read Queen Eve's letter and understand the situation."
Alfred: "It's really been a long time since we last met. It's a shame that we're in a time of war."

Caption: Alcryst is the Second Prince of the Kingdom of Brodia, and Diamant's younger brother. He often compares himself unfavourably to his exceptional brother, carrying a negative personality and low self-esteem. That said, he is quite social, and has the fortitude of royalty.

Caption: Alcryst's starting class is Lord, same as his brother. Expertly wielding bows, they excel at attacking from range.
Alcryst: "Please." "I'll protect them." "S-sorry..."

Caption:Alcryst is training with his brother, Diamant. A negative person, Alcryst calls himself "The one that isn't Diamant of Brodia".
Video:
Alcryst: "I'm grateful you'd invite me to train, brother."
Diamant: "Yeah. It's good for us brothers to work up a sweat together once in a while."
Alcryst: "I don't compare to you at all, brother. I'll be learning a lot today."
Diamant: "Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Putting yourself down like that is a bad habit."
Alcryst: "I'm not putting myself down, it's just the truth... When people talk about the prince of Brodia, they think of you, brother."
Diamant: "You're a prince of Brodia too, aren't you?"
Alcryst: "I'm the prince of Brodia that isn't Diamant."
Diamant: "What's with that weird way of putting things... People must be talking nonsense behind my back again."

Edited by Crubat

46 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Lumiere

You sure it's not Loumiere, Satsuma ? Kidding, kidding, I'm kidding. I may or may not be going crazy seeing Boucheron everywhere though 😛
Thanks a lot for what you do once again, by the way. If anything, this proves how far your translations reach.

The villainous force seems rather constrained this time around. 4 big bads plus their leader, plus the Dragon. I know there's Elusia's royalty to consider as well (especially since we constantly fight soldiers from that nation), but yeah, that's a limited amounts of figureheads regardless.
Actually I wonder if that sorcerer guy is the king. We're seeing all those princes and princesses, but there's definitely not a lot of focus on those nations' actual leaders.

Edited by Cysx

Looking closer at Alfred, that expression is kind of concerning, or maybe it`s just me

Sad that the mom is already confirmed dead, but this is FE after all. I have a gut feeling that the little girl "looking for someone" could be related to her somehow.

While I am no big fan of the name, I hope the Four Hounds can be if not amazing, at least good love-to-hate bad guys.

Edited by Metal Flash

7 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

While I am no big fan of the name, I hope the Four Hounds can be if not amazing, at least good love-to-hate bad guys.

The main lady is guaranteed to be popular for obvious reasons...

7 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

I have a gut feeling that the little girl "looking for someone" could be related to her somehow.

If she doesn't know Lumiere is dead, that could be really tragic!

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

Why did they call Lumiere king and not queen?

It could be a weird "fixed title" thing, or NoJ choosing to be weird and putting patriarchal titles everywhere.

You know, I think I'd like this game's art style a lot more if it actually looked closer to that snapshot of Firene there.

Because that picture actually looks really good. Colorful but not to a gaudy extent. Helps to give it a little more of an old medieval feel.

4 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Why did they call Lumiere king and not queen? The 4 hounds is a pretty basic title to have.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

It could be a weird "fixed title" thing, or NoJ choosing to be weird and putting patriarchal titles everywhere.

If it's like Naga, then it could be a case where the title in Japanese is gender-neutral, but when translated it gives a male word in English. Japanese has a few words that work like that, if I recall.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If it's like Naga, then it could be a case where the title in Japanese is gender-neutral, but when translated it gives a male word in English. Japanese has a few words that work like that, if I recall.

That might have work if she wasn’t (while not officially confirmed but extremely likely) Alear’s Mother. Using Mother but still calling them King is weird.

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

That might have work if she wasn’t (while not officially confirmed but extremely likely) Alear’s Mother. Using Mother but still calling them King is weird.

It wouldn't matter in Japanese, since again, it's gender neutral. Now, if the official English Twitter were to keep it as King, then that would be the thing to wonder about.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

It wouldn't matter in Japanese. Now, if the official English Twitter were to keep it as King, then that would be the thing to wonder about.

Then why is Firene ruled by a Queen while Lumiere gets the King title?

Just now, ciphertul said:

Then why is Firene ruled by a Queen while Lumiere gets the King title?

Yeah, that's the thing, that the actual Queen title is used.

Like I said, I can only think that it might be a similar situation like Naga, who also uses 神竜王, if I recall. Since one is used for a normal human ruler, but the other for the ruler of dragons. Perhaps a distinction... but well, might still be too early to tell.