Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

58 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Sorry, I should have clarified. I know Alfred is coming first, but do we know about after Alfred? My guess was the game may be paced like: 

Intro Chapter(s)

Meet and Join Alfred

We choose which other nobles to pick up after that (with their respective battles/cutscenes)

Well there's a cutscene with Alfred, Alear and the 2 Brodian Prince at an Elusian church, so maybe Brodia after Firene is fixed. After that is anyone's guess though

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

Well there's a cutscene with Alfred, Alear and the 2 Brodian Prince at an Elusian church, so maybe Brodia after Firene is fixed. After that is anyone's guess though

Worth noting that all we've seen of that cutscene is the shot of the royals standing there. I don't think it serves as solid evidence of Brodia being fixed after Elusia, as it'd be as simple as replacing the models and writing a bit of alternate dialog for a different branch. This is all assuming there's a split at all, of course.

Personally, I'm leaning no, but I would like it. There's exactly one Brodian that's truly caught my interest, Jade (and Morion, but playable Morion is a pipe dream lol), whereas Solm has a bunch and also seems like the more interesting country. I'd rather go to Solm first... But then, I wouldn't be that sad either way. Jade is way cool.

Firene first and Brodia second seems exceedingly likely from all we've seen, but I'm unsure about if Solm or Elusia comes next. Probably Solm, but it seems far less definitive in my opinion. Cutscene-wise, we haven't seen any Solm member in an Elusian focused setting and the inverse is also true. Map-wise, I don't recall seeing any Elusian in what would be the 'early' desert maps (we've seen plenty of Firene and Brodian members though). Fogato, Timerra, Hortensia and Ivy are all seen as high level unpromoted units in their introduction videos, with appropriate stats for their levels.

So I feel it's not completely impossible that you actually get the choice to do either Solm or Elusia first? It's probably not the case since Hortensia and Ivy are slightly higher level and we see Fogato and Timerra in Hortensia's showcase so it's probably Firene > Brodia > Solm > Elusia, but... it still feels plausible that you have the option of doing Elusia first based on everything else.

Edited by Ayra

I'm confused. Hasn't it been brought up several times that Elusia appears BEFORE Solm in promotional materials, and then there's several scenes in the trailers where Elusian characters, music or other stuff appear along Firene/Brodia but not Solm's? I bet 99% that, unless we go split routes, Elusians will join before Solm anyway.

1 minute ago, Ayra said:

Map-wise, I don't recall seeing any Elusian in what would be the 'early' desert maps (we've seen plenty of Firene and Brodian members though)

Isn't Kagetsu's video in Solm?

Edited by szechuan

18 minutes ago, szechuan said:

I'm confused. Hasn't it been brought up several times that Elusia appears BEFORE Solm in promotional materials, and then there's several scenes in the trailers where Elusian characters, music or other stuff appear along Firene/Brodia but not Solm's? I bet 99% that, unless we go split routes, Elusians will join before Solm anyway.

Isn't Kagetsu's video in Solm?

We did get the Elusian and Ivy piece before Timerra and Solm, but we did get Fogato and Hortensia at the same time. All the Elusian scenes we got in those trailers without Solm seemed to be from when the Elusian were enemies (or Hortensia with her dad, which seemed a very sinister scene); the ones with the Elusians as allies also had Timerra.

Fogato is the lowest level out of any of the Solm and Elusian lords we've seen, and him and Timerra are in Hortensia's Elusian map, where she's also not promoted (like everyone else) with low stats. 

... Kagetsu kind of ruins my whole theory though. 

Ok, so I doubt that the stat drop in Vander's class change video is due to Berserker base stat alone. The total stat difference between Paladin!Vander and Axe Fighter!Vander is 16 (77 - 61). However, the total stat difference between Monk!Framme and Master Monk!Framme is only 7 (86 - 79).

I believe in the theory that second seal adjusts Vander's stat back to lv 1 too, maybe to discourage class jumping shenanigans.

...Actually, now I look at it, stat difference between base and promoted class (at least in Framme case) seems miniscule compared to past games. The only other game with such small stat difference when changing between class tiers is 3 Houses (Gaiden/SoV are weird in their own way, so they don't count)

35 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

Ok, so I doubt that the stat drop in Vander's class change video is due to Berserker base stat alone. The total stat difference between Paladin!Vander and Axe Fighter!Vander is 16 (77 - 61). However, the total stat difference between Monk!Framme and Master Monk!Framme is only 7 (86 - 79).

I believe in the theory that second seal adjusts Vander's stat back to lv 1 too, maybe to discourage class jumping shenanigans.

...Actually, now I look at it, stat difference between base and promoted class (at least in Framme case) seems miniscule compared to past games. The only other game with such small stat difference when changing between class tiers is 3 Houses (Gaiden/SoV are weird in their own way, so they don't count)

Promotions do seem super weak from that footage, based on his Axe fighter stats, promoting to Berserker would give him 3 HP, 2 Bld, 4 Str, 1 Dex, 1 Spd, 1 Def, 1 Res. And 1 Move of course. I mean the Str bonus is nice, but...

Edited by Cysx

I hope this doesn't sound weird, but damn, I'm happy to see that Zelkov's skin isn't some product of edgy shading, he's actually dark skinned xD

Edited by Troykv

3 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I hope this doesn't sound weird, but damn, I'm happy to see that Zelkov's skin isn't some product of edgy shading, he's actually dark skinned xD

Oh big agree. Thank god we're out of the 3ds FE era where poc were green. He's certainly a bit greyer than Timerra or Fogado, but he actually looks dark skinned rather than well green

9 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Sorry, I should have clarified. I know Alfred is coming first, but do we know about after Alfred? My guess was the game may be paced like: 

Intro Chapter(s)

Meet and Join Alfred

We choose which other nobles to pick up after that (with their respective battles/cutscenes)

The pieces of info we get, such as the relationship chart, heavily imply we automatically go to Brodia as they're in a crisis against Elusia. Solm has no crisis that'd lead to us going to them before Brodia. We don't see Timerra in any Elusia based cutscene even a moment in trailers where we see Marth, Alear, Alfred, and Diamant confronting Hortensia and her dad somewhere with no Timerra. This supports a linear pathway like the leaks were directly saying (a singular linear path). 

Edited by Seazas

A few things from today talking with a few peeps (images in spoilers):

~~~

1. Some localised Emblem Edelgard info from the DLC Wave 1 page of the NoA eShop:

Spoiler

engage-na-eshop-dlc-1.png

(I'm not the biggest fan of Houses Unite or Flame Gambit as localised names, though I guess with character / word length limitations it's the best they could do?)

The conspicuous space between Byleth and Tiki is still there, and even more obvious now.

2. Not sure how long it's been up, but the Nintendo UK page for Engage has some interesting information (some new) that contextualises things a bit more:

a) The lore for the 12 Emblem Rings implies a ritual of some sorts, not specifically intrinsic to the banishing of Sombron however:

Spoiler

image.png

b) What we've been calling Training Body Art appears to be localised as Initiate Art:

Spoiler

CI_NSwitch_FireEmblemEngage_enemy_s2.jpg

c) Maddening Mode appears confirmed at base, as well as a limit on rewind (localised as Draconic Time Crystal) uses:

Spoiler

image.png

d) Relay Trials (accessed from the Tower of Trials) involving some sort of cooperative component. I'm unsure if this is the NoUK localisation of what NoA calls Tempest Trials, or if the two are distinct entities:

Spoiler

image.png

(There's also a screenshot of an Outrealm friend giving a message, but that's whatever IMO)

2 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

The conspicuous space between Byleth and Tiki is still there, and even more obvious now.

That's 100% a plot-critical Emblem. Only other possibility would be future DLC Emblem, but I'd find it really strange for it to be that, seeing how it'd be a future emblem shoved in between the day 1 emblems, DLC or otherwise. Plus, they could simply not have it there, like in the copies released to the public.

...Then again, this entire thing with the mystery Emblem is beyond sloppy anyways. They did the digital equivalent of slapping a piece of tape on top of it, so who can really say. Maybe it really is just future DLC and they were that careless lol... Though of course, it could also be an intentional move to tease at the existence of more, less nostalgia-based Emblems without outright revealing them.

In any case, personally, I choose to interpret this as evidence that the Lumera Emblem dream lives on!

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Wait I don't think I recall that one. I recall Ganondorf occasionally being green but not so with Basillio. 

I was more so referring to the models. FEA actually wasn't too bad IIRC, but a lot of the darker skin characters in Fates and SoV had a pretty greenish undertones which was unsettling to say the least. SoV especially was bad with Boey and Atlas looked quite green.

Just gotta say, with seeing so many screenshots in English...

Holy hell I hate the font. This HAS to be some kind default font stored in the Switch's data the English team is using, like the original Final Fantasies do (and keep doing ala the mobile and Pixel Remasters)! This stuff is some Comic Sans adjacent stuff...

Anyway, ahahahahaha, the totally-not-13th-Emblem slot really is more conspicuous, it's not even trying to be a gradient here! Really eager to see what they are hiding! Also why does Alear have an A-rank in Swords in their Dragon Child base class...? Struggling to find this screenshot too.... (also notice once you have Bracelets, the UI updates so that it refers to both Rings and Bracelets. Nice touch!)

I just realized, with the second seal video, I think it kinda confirms that gender exclusive classes are coming back. Vander didn't have the option to be an axe pegasus knight unless mounts need some other requirement. 

Just now, Crubat said:

I just realized, with the second seal video, I think it kinda confirms that gender exclusive classes are coming back. Vander didn't have the option to be an axe pegasus knight unless mounts need some other requirement. 

However since we still don’t know what the intention with Rosado, I think they might have it work like Shadow Dragon. Where Pegasus might be genderlocked but Wyvern and Griffon probably aren’t.

7 hours ago, tipperthescales said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png

b) What we've been calling Training Body Art appears to be localised as Initiate Art:

It also looks like Body Arts is localized as Special Arts. Or just Arts.

4 hours ago, KoriCongo said:

Also why does Alear have an A-rank in Swords in their Dragon Child base class...? Struggling to find this screenshot too.... (also notice once you have Bracelets, the UI updates so that it refers to both Rings and Bracelets. Nice touch!)

Classes have inherent  Weapon Ranks like in Genealogy

Also on the UK site the character section shows Alear (a dragon), Lumera (a dragon), Zephia (a dragon), and Veyle. Coinidence?

58 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

and Veyle. Coinidence?

Definitely not, but I thought it was more or less assumed that Veyle was a dragon of some sort. Maybe that was just me lol!

I honestly thought she'd be a dragon/manakete and would come with Corrin's Emblem. But even if the latter part is wrong (which is 99% is), I'm still positive she's a dragon of some sort. 

Veyle being shown alongside three confirmed dragons makes me believe she is one too even more strongly than before. But I could still be wrong of course.

Again, kinda want her to be a mole/spy for the Four Hounds, a non-possesed evil dragon loli would be neat to see. 

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Calling it now, that is gonna be a red herring, just because it is so obvious.

2 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Classes have inherent  Weapon Ranks like in Genealogy

I'm aware, that's what confusing me. Dragon Child starts off with a D in Swords (which, in the context of natural aptitude in weapons, is REALLY weird. I wonder if you can pick Alear's starting talent...)
Either this was some debug silliness, or Alear can have a way to increase their inherit Sword rank, irregardless of class.

8 hours ago, Crubat said:

Vandad's beard is too heavy for a wimpy pegasus to carry

1 hour ago, Metal Flash said:

Veyle being shown alongside three confirmed dragons makes me believe she is one too even more strongly than before. But I could still be wrong of course.

Again, kinda want her to be a mole/spy for the Four Hounds, a non-possesed evil dragon loli would be neat to see.

I actually hoped for this back before Three Houses released with Sothis. I knew there was no chance of it happening, but I would've preferred it lol

As for Veyle... Eeeeehhhh in her case I do think it's possible. Likely? I don't know, but she's kind of an anomaly in how the marketing has been treating her. Whatever she is, she's probably going to be critical to the plot. Probably.

1 hour ago, Metal Flash said:

Calling it now, that is gonna be a red herring, just because it is so obvious.

That wasn't me that said that, what's Serenes on about

Hah! That'd be a serious 5D chess move on IntSys's part. But I don't know, I just don't see them going out of their ways to do something so overtly sloppy just so they can pointlessly troll the fanbase.

10 hours ago, Crubat said:

10 hours ago, ciphertul said:

However since we still don’t know what the intention with Rosado, I think they might have it work like Shadow Dragon. Where Pegasus might be genderlocked but Wyvern and Griffon probably aren’t.

For the record, there was a male Griffon Knight rider in Lucina's video (specifically the one who got killed by Lucina!Citrinne's All-For-One).

3 hours ago, KoriCongo said:

Dragon Child starts off with a D in Swords

Remind me where this was again?

~~~

On the deal about the possible 13th Emblem, I know these was already present in the Japanese DLC1 trailer, but as a refresher:
qq6v60G.png (a) I've adjusted Lightness / Saturation here; still an obvious digital tape that is the box of mis-toned colour.ATjbljj.png (b) There's 13 dots after Emblem Rings/Bracelets, but only 12 known Ring Emblems that have Bond Ring lists...

Which begs the question, what or who would represent the Bond Rings / similar for this 13th Emblem, if they're actually an Elyosian character? (I don't think Tiki or Edelgard would have their own list necessarily, as they'd possibly add to their home game Lord Emblem's, or just not have a list of their own.) Could they be the spirits of Elyosian heroes from 1000 years ago? Or am I completely off the mark and it's a Heroes / Cipher / other character that they're hiding?

28 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

For the record, there was a male Griffon Knight rider in Lucina's video (specifically the one who got killed by Lucina!Citrinne's All-For-One).

Remind me where this was again?

~~~

On the deal about the possible 13th Emblem, I know these was already present in the Japanese DLC1 trailer, but as a refresher:
qq6v60G.png (a) I've adjusted Lightness / Saturation here; still an obvious digital tape that is the box of mis-toned colour.ATjbljj.png (b) There's 13 dots after Emblem Rings/Bracelets, but only 12 known Ring Emblems that have Bond Ring lists...

Which begs the question, what or who would represent the Bond Rings / similar for this 13th Emblem, if they're actually an Elyosian character? (I don't think Tiki or Edelgard would have their own list necessarily, as they'd possibly add to their home game Lord Emblem's, or just not have a list of their own.) Could they be the spirits of Elyosian heroes from 1000 years ago? Or am I completely off the mark and it's a Heroes / Cipher / other character that they're hiding?

Ooof, misremembered. Alear starts the game with a B in Swords, not D.
Which...still doesn't actually answer the mystery...? But does make it more likely you can pick Alear's starting Natural Talent, given we know it is a sure way of increasing your weapon rank up a rank.

Also it is fairly likely that it is a Heroes' character. Too much of the game borrows terms and systems from Heroes, it wouldn't make sense to avoid having at least one character in the base game. Though the Lumera Emblem idea is still on the table...