Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

14 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Maybe the kings and queens? Eve, Morion, Hyacinth, Sfoglia. 

And Sombron

I feel like Sombron would be a definite I think, not sure about the rulers but would be nice to see them.

Originally I thought what they would end up doing is finishing up the emblems this weeks and then next week dropping the last four twitter profiles and then we'd get a trailer like the one we just got since that's what happened last time they were up to date with all the website content, we got the somniel trailer, so I presumed the overview/first fe trailer would be next Friday but obvi they had a change of plans lol. Unless they do decide to drop another trailer considering how close it will be to the release (next Friday is the 6th so it would be exactly two weeks off the release so dropping a final trailer would make sense, and then the reviews should all be dropping the next week/week of release so hype would be high) but I'm not sure they would do that so soon after quite a big trailer like the 'Your First Fire Emblem' one.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, ShinobuF said:

Well the Korean website for Engage just opened and they made a very big oopsie before taking it down.

They posted a MASSIVE story spoiler with the subtitles on one of the website images...

Only look if you don't care about spoilers, but it's not something too surprising if you've watched previous footage carefully.

Hide contents

1672214443260842.jpg.2b51a91e4295b923ea493ae00dd70ee8.jpg

"I am Mauvier. First time actually seeing you in person. I have heard about you from Veyle for quite some time now."

Pretty much confirms that Veyle is a villain, the true leader of the 4 Hounds and the hooded figure that killed Lumera.

Actually, there's a different take for this

Spoiler

In one of the earlier trailers (I forget which one at this point) we see Mauvier being playable. It's more likely that Mauvier's a spy that managed to infiltrate the Four Hounds based off this line

11 minutes ago, Vexal said:

Actually, there's a different take for this

Reveal hidden contents

In one of the earlier trailers (I forget which one at this point) we see Mauvier being playable. It's more likely that Mauvier's a spy that managed to infiltrate the Four Hounds based off this line

Spoiler

The issue there is that the hooded figure that we blatantly see killing Lumera is a perfect match with Veyle (body size, female, same skin color, tome user). Only alternative would be for them to do the dumb cliche of Veyle having an identical twin that is actually the evil one and not her.

5 minutes ago, Shinobu1994 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The issue there is that the hooded figure that we blatantly see killing Lumera is a perfect match with Veyle (body size, female, same skin color, tome user). Only alternative would be for them to do the dumb cliche of Veyle having an identical twin that is actually the evil one and not her.

Spoiler

But its a double cross, Veyle is evil and her evil Twin actaully is good. 

9 minutes ago, Shinobu1994 said:
  Hide contents

Last post on this so as to not clutter the thread

Spoiler

Veyle being the hooded figure is just an assumption with very little ground. If you watch the trailer's scene of Veyle saving Alear, she is very clearly not even carrying a tome with her, wheras the hooded figure had some sort of dark tome. While we know she's a tome unit in gameplay, that is more than likely solely for gameplay purposes. Also the skin color isn't the same, as Veyle has a slight tan to her, while the mage was a pale white.

Edited by Vexal

3 hours ago, Vexal said:

Last post on this so as to not clutter the thread

Reveal hidden contents

Veyle being the hooded figure is just an assumption with very little ground. If you watch the trailer's scene of Veyle saving Alear, she is very clearly not even carrying a tome with her, wheras the hooded figure had some sort of dark tome. While we know she's a tome unit in gameplay, that is more than likely solely for gameplay purposes. Also the skin color isn't the same, as Veyle has a slight tan to her, while the mage was a pale white.

Know you said last post but still need to point some things out.

Spoiler

Veyle doesn't have have tan skin at all, if there's one thing you shouldn't put too much stakes on its the cutscenes being consistent to how characters are in game. Diamante looks drastically different in every single cutscene he's in with shifting skin color as well.

And as for the Tome I think it's something as simple as her not needing a Tome for some super basic Fire magic but does need a Tome for Dark Magic strong enough to kill a Divine Dragon.

Edited by Shinobu1994

Sike, no new tweet it seems.

Sooo regarding that Céline shot with A rank staves unpromoted and the theory that it's thanks to Micaiah, do we have any reason to think that it's even possible to be synced with an emblem while in Somniel? That's clearly the armory backdrop in those shots.

... that being said, there is the possibility that Céline has simply inherited that skill from Micaiah still. I'm just surprised everyone's jumping to the synced conclusion at the moment.

33 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Sike, no new tweet it seems.

Sooo regarding that Céline shot with A rank staves unpromoted and the theory that it's thanks to Micaiah, do we have any reason to think that it's even possible to be synced with an emblem while in Somniel? That's clearly the armory backdrop in those shots.

... that being said, there is the possibility that Céline has simply inherited that skill from Micaiah still. I'm just surprised everyone's jumping to the synced conclusion at the moment.

I think you can still access the armory from the Preparations menu since you can access shops according to the context menus:

DsQyeOf.png

At the same time you make a good point, and also there is an example of the Preparations theme and battle map in the background when Framme class changes to Archer, so...

As for why SI'ing the Staff proficiency gives Celine A staves here, but not the HK video, uh... :Knoll:

Welp no updates today either… guess they realised how much they were pushing out and how much time was left till the release of the game and are gonna space it out more

19 minutes ago, Azz said:

Welp no updates today either… guess they realised how much they were pushing out and how much time was left till the release of the game and are gonna space it out more

I think it could also just be IS taking the weekend off for New Year's, the same way they pushed the new FEH update early instead of right before the new banner goes live.

It's probably New Years, though that does pose the question of the timing of the next update as the holiday period may extend through the 3rd (Tuesday).

~~~

In terms of how to distribute the remaining information over the 2.5 weeks (assuming we lose half of next week):

- five non Emblem characters in Zelkov / Goldmary / Pandreo / Merrin / Seadall

- Micaiah

- whatever they feel inclined to post about mechanics from the recent site update (the main one's probably Strengthen Engage Weapons) or Somniel (this would be the Training Yard / Fishing / Fortune Telling / Wyvern Ride I guess, or the Farmyard)

…this still feels like it can be covered over 1.5 weeks, so whether there there's a final something to cover the last few days…

2 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

It's probably New Years, though that does pose the question of the timing of the next update as the holiday period may extend through the 3rd (Tuesday).

~~~

In terms of how to distribute the remaining information over the 2.5 weeks (assuming we lose half of next week):

- five non Emblem characters in Zelkov / Goldmary / Pandreo / Merrin / Seadall

- Micaiah

- whatever they feel inclined to post about mechanics from the recent site update (the main one's probably Strengthen Engage Weapons) or Somniel (this would be the Training Yard / Fishing / Fortune Telling / Wyvern Ride I guess, or the Farmyard)

…this still feels like it can be covered over 1.5 weeks, so whether there there's a final something to cover the last few days…

Do they really need to cover until the release day?

...Anyways, there could be also magazine articles (which might be stuff we already know through twitter) and gameplay footage, although I don't know if they will do that for a (possibly) anniversary title, unlike with 3H

I wonder if they still have some unrevealed playable units. Both Solm and Elusia have an extra character each (Seadall and Anna) , while Brodia and Firene don't. Unless their respective king/queen ends up as playable , or it's revealed that Yunaka and Veyle were part of these kingdoms at one point , we could get two extra new faces.

But it would be odd to keep them a secret , unless they're an optional character that you're not guaranteed to get , or they have significant story implications.

I have an hunch that as Tipper said , they'll probably start marketing again a few days after new year's eve. They could wrap up everything specific before release date and then focus on general marketing. It's important to know that the 8 minutes video has yet to be translated as well , and considering it's here to help introduce players , I doubt they would keep it JP exclusive.

There might be 2, possibly 3 more recruitable characters that isn't one of the 4 Hounds. But outside of the legacy maps, there's isn't an lot of room on the global map for the paralogues. Obviously, we see where Anna's is at; but between the backtracking that comes with the main story and the dozen or so throwback missions, it's kind of hard to imagine what else they have thrown in there.

4 hours ago, Loliko said:

I wonder if they still have some unrevealed playable units.

I hope so, it would be nice to have some units remain a surprise for when the game releases. 

I have probably already said this, but if there are playable chars remaining, I hope none of them are retainers or royal adjacent.

The next bio, if I had to guess, is likely gonna come Januraty 3rd or later. I doubt all the characters are gonna get Twitter bios, since there isn`t much time left until the game releases. Micaiah will most likely get one though. If she doesn`t, I will be shocked. 

I wonder if they'll confirm or bust romance being in this game, specifically for Alear... are they gonna pull the same stunt 3H did in that regard (ergo, choosing your spouse-to-be near the end of the game)..?

18 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

The next bio, if I had to guess, is likely gonna come Januraty 3rd or later. I doubt all the characters are gonna get Twitter bios, since there isn`t much time left until the game releases. Micaiah will most likely get one though. If she doesn`t, I will be shocked. 

I'd argue the opposite : We only have 5 characters left for bios , and if we assume we start marketing by the 3rd of January , that gives them 17 days. Even if you add the remaining Micaiah , they could do a tweet every 2 days and still have 5 days to spare. It would be odd to not properly present characters like Zelkov and Goldmary.

It's also important to know that while the NOA twitter would probably stop advertising FE after release to focus on Kirby (which releases in February) , the JP FE Twt account doesn't have a reason to stop. Even if the info is a bit repeated at times , they'll probably keep going for a few weeks imo.

3 hours ago, Crubat said:

Theyre really slowing down info now huh.. I expected something today

I think they are still on new year's break today, since the actual new year fell on Sunday. We should have something tomorrow... I hope.

Edited by kienquocsi

44 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

English side at least posted something today, giving a little more info on Celica. Warp Ragnarok DOES have a Type Bonus with Mystical classes, damage is boosted by 20%.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1609987917044137991

Yesss ok good Ill take what I can get. I was about to say... how are fliers gonna get the type bonus while mystical units be out here like

( ° . °`)

Edited by BoydSteakhouse

53 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

English side at least posted something today, giving a little more info on Celica. Warp Ragnarok DOES have a Type Bonus with Mystical classes, damage is boosted by 20%.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1609987917044137991

I knew I wasn't imagining it when I saw that Citrinne had a type bonus with Celica. I wonder what this implies about other potential type bonuses with Emblems that haven't been shown thus far

So will Alear only be able to use Swords and Body Arts in their promotion?
I was kind of hoping for a dragon transformation considering Corrin being a dragon barely had any plot relevancy to it and I thought Alear would be the rectifier to Corrin