Next Year's Autumn Seasonal Line up

Jotari

So it's been some years now since dragon completely took over the Halloween seasonal, this year has been no different. However, I notice this year they seemed to have used some "big" hard hitter dragons: Mila, Duma and Naga. Kind of got me wondering, will they be able to do Halloween Season of the Dragon next year? Have they not, kind of cycled through all the saleable dragons already? I feel like we've seen every dragon dressed up already other than the less sellable Bantu and Garon. Though not all of them have been Halloween specific seasonals. From my light research, it seems the dragons in the game who haven't already that haven't had a Halloween alt are

*Ymir (understandable, she's still very new, though definitely a possibility for next year)

*Fae (pretty surprising that one, though she's has no shortage of seasonals in general)

*Nifil

*Idunn

*Nah

*Nagi

*Medeus

*Muspell

*Lilith

*Kana M/F

*Garon

*Bantu

Alright, so admittedly that is a little more than I was expecting. I think I was conflating some of the Spring Seasonals with Autumn Seasonals in my mind (plus whatever Muspell's flame festival is meant to be). That being said, I have 13 units there and they release a whopping six new units each seasonal (four banner units, one of which is a harmonic or duo plus a free Tempest Trials unit), so we could probably expect to see a dragon dry Halloween by 2025. Of course nothings stopping them from also using dragons who aren't in the game yet, like Gareth and Nasir, as they're already done for the other dragon Laguz, though I kind of hope Nasir at least will be in the game within the next two years.

As for a perdiction for next year, I reckon we might see a similar set up to this year. Kana male and female being knocked out in one go with maybe Nifl and Muspell teaming up as the duo unit. Maybe Fae and Lilith to round it off. It'll be the year after that they might drop it entirely though, when they're faced with making a banner out of Garon, Bantu and Medeus.

Edited by Jotari

You missed a pretty big name that'll be available a year from now: Alear. If we get Dragoween for a fourth straight year, we can pretty safely bet that Alear (probably F!Alear) will be the headliner.

Also, the candidates can be dragon adjacent rather than full dragon. We have gotten Xane (dragon that lost his ability to turn into his dragon form) and Sophia (half dragon), so characters like Seteth and Flayn should be on the table as well.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

You missed a pretty big name that'll be available a year from now: Alear. If we get Dragoween for a fourth straight year, we can pretty safely bet that Alear (probably F!Alear) will be the headliner.

Also, the candidates can be dragon adjacent rather than full dragon. We have gotten Xane (dragon that lost his ability to turn into his dragon form) and Sophia (half dragon), so characters like Seteth and Flayn should be on the table as well.

Yeah, Gotoh too. I also almost missed Nowi when compiling the list because she is in there, but she doesn't use a Breath Weapon (and she got in rather early into the Halloween craze). I feel it's not impossible they give use a second Halloween Nowi only as a breath user instead.

The Kanas stand out to me as well, they seem like they'd get alts eventually but they've been stuck with just their base versions for longer than anyone else on that list.

I hope Nasir gets some sort of presence next year.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

The Kanas stand out to me as well, they seem like they'd get alts eventually but they've been stuck with just their base versions for longer than anyone else on that list.

I hope Nasir gets some sort of presence next year.

Yeah, I think the Kanas are very much due. While nothing stops them having two seasonals (hello Myrrh), Fae, Nifl, Idunn, Nah and Muspell all have some kind of dress up seasonal alts already, which does make the others a bit more likely. Especially since Muspell's has been so recent he might not be next year despite my prediction, but then again, a year from now is also a long way away and I think they'll keep giving us Muspell and Nifil for those cavalry dragon movesets.

If Tiki has a Halloween costume, I wouldn't be too surprised to see ol' "Ban-Ban" too far behind. The Kanas also make sense. But broadening out for a second, if there is one character who I'm surprised hasn't got a Halloween alt, it's Asugi. I mean, candy is his bread and butter!

I was actually just thinking of the lineup for next year and I expect we'll see some Engage dragons then (such as Alear and the probably-little-sister-dragon.) Also, maybe the Kanas in following their parents. It'd also be neat if we got Anakos and Lilith to round out the Fates dragons.

Alear I'm pretty sure will be on the next one as they can easily ride the Engage hype for the year. After them they could also bring the mysterious girl with them as she can slot in anywhere on the banner including the duo backpack. After them, either Nasir, Gareth, Bantu, Lilith, and/or one of the FEH dragons to finish up the banner.

I think the Kanas will be saved for another year if we get the Alears, they tend to avoid doubling up on sets of characters and having two Alears and two Kanas would be a bit much since that'd leave only one spot outside of them. I also think they'll keep Medeus and Idunn in their pocket as I can see them pull a Duma for the former to market off of his (non-)Mythic status while the latter is popular enough that I think they'll want to save her for the following banner that will need a strong carry.