The Most Foolishly Placed Enemies in Fire Emblem History

MadBoar

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

But that's not the actual important thing I discovered. I found out he was included in Cipher and het got some nice artwork.

300px-TCGCipher_Gromell.png

Wow. look at him go. That's way more metal than he deserves for such a nothing boss.

It pays to become popular in Japan, heh. We have our Poisoned Muttons and they have General Bolt-Axe.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

36 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It pays to become popular in Japan, heh. We have our Poisoned Muttons and they have General Bolt-Axe.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You know how Wrys got meme Cipher cards, and how a certain 3H NPC meme'd his way into Heroes? Same thing. Except Bolt Axeman seems to be a Japan-only meme.

I do recall something about that back in the day. We might end up seeing him in Heroes at some point. Path of Radiance doesn't have a whole lot of GHB units left. Bryce and Shiharam are the obvious ones, maybe Tauroneo and Ena too, though the latter seems more like a banner unit. Once those are out of the way than it's fair game for the remaining bosses, and being a meme would push Gromell to the top.

Oh ya, Bryce is foolishly placed in FE9 because he's fighting for a guy who spit on the legacy of the country he fought for, and because, as Ashnard says, there is nothing more foolish than a knight. However, I have to admit that on hard, placing yourself with (I think) something like 2-4 moving dragons actually might be a pretty good idea. Until you put Ike in a fountain choke-point with physic support.

It was only my most recent of 3-4 times looking at that Grommell card art that I saw the boulder above him. IS, you can do no wrong.

1 hour ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

It was only my most recent of 3-4 times looking at that Grommell card art that I saw the boulder above him. IS, you can do no wrong.

Oh wow, I didn't even see that XD Hilarious.

You know, it's quite telling he is like one of the only minor/one-time bosses to get into Cipher. Best I recall, the only others are the Freege Mage Sister Trio.

7 hours ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

Oh ya, Bryce is foolishly placed in FE9 because he's fighting for a guy who spit on the legacy of the country he fought for, and because, as Ashnard says, there is nothing more foolish than a knight. However, I have to admit that on hard, placing yourself with (I think) something like 2-4 moving dragons actually might be a pretty good idea. Until you put Ike in a fountain choke-point with physic support.

Bryce is the Camus archetype for Path of Radiance. On maniac mode, it is hilarious that Bryce's underlings are bulkier than he is. 

13 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Wallace and Gromell

Make sure you bring a thief, to steal the Wensleydale Cheese from his inventory!

4 hours ago, MadBoar said:

Bryce is the Camus archetype for Path of Radiance. On maniac mode, it is hilarious that Bryce's underlings are bulkier than he is. 

I always thought of Shiharam as the game's resident Camus. But perhaps they can both be Camuses (Cami?).

1 minute ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I always thought of Shiharam as the game's resident Camus. But perhaps they can both be Camuses (Cami?).

It's French, the correct grammar is Des Camus. I said that years ago and some people have actually taken note of it! This will be my lasting impact on the Fire Emblem community!

On 10/26/2022 at 9:19 AM, Jotari said:

It's French, the correct grammar is Des Camus. I said that years ago and some people have actually taken note of it! This will be my lasting impact on the Fire Emblem community!

Awesome! How do you pronounce that? Is it pronounced like "day-s cah-moos?"