32 playable characters confirmed, & maybe more? (Leaks mentioned)

martystarboy

3 hours ago, Seazas said:

It's only 40 achievements there though and there's already a separate tab of combat achievements for any character usage in battle. It only makes sense that every playable character has a singular basic achievement for a support as they're interchangeable in support and menu stuff. 

I want to be cautious. There could be some achievements of the "view a support with everyone" or "get an A support" kind in there, and the actual number of specific character cheevos is less than 40. Still, it's a very good sign.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Seazas said:

It's only 40 achievements there though and there's already a separate tab of combat achievements for any character usage in battle. It only makes sense that every playable character has a singular basic achievement for a support as they're interchangeable in support and menu stuff. 

As Saint Rubenio put it, there's the possibility of more achievements than "gain a support rank with X". I could see at least some of them having a "recruited X" type of achievement too.

Yeah, it seems as though those numbers indicate how many achievements you gotten rather than the number of achievements there is to get so I think using that to gauge how many characters there is in the game wouldn't make sense.

My first impression was also "Hey, that confirms 40 characters", but yeah... I also think we can't really use the achievement numbers as any sort of real hint as to how many playable characters there are. I'm definitively hoping for a few more besides the confirmed ones and I'd love if we got Zephia in particular, but my hope for that is pretty darn low. An Aversa-like situation is the only way I'd see it happening, and that only happened in Awakening so it seems unlikely at best.

I'd be totally in regarding Emblem Lumera though. When we originally got the collector edition art, my first thought was "Wow, that character in the top right looks simply amazing and she has an amazing design!" ... and the next thing we got is a trailer where we learned that she's Alear's mother and, as Fire Emblem parents tends to do, immediately died. RIP.

My guess was that she'd be the Fire Emblem Heroes Mythic character for January. Her design is too involved for a "throw-away" character, but she'd be the perfect pick for Engage's low spoiler mythic slot. So I thought that'd be it.

Emblem Lumera actually makes a ton of sense though and the idea hadn't crossed my mind at all. It sounds pretty plausible all things considered and I definitively hope that's the case.

Not to extend the Vander’s beard conversation any further but he’s literally just Drayden Pokemon as an FE character.

17 hours ago, Moltz23 said:

A bit of a quick update, but I noticed VincentASM translated one of Somnie'sl achievements screens shared on the JP twitter, and there is a chance we could be getting 40 playable characters at the very least if the bit about "Allies" does indeed mean playable units:

awards.thumb.jpg.d5acd9ec22cc0ea4cca9e574748d6d64.jpg

Good catch! While I agree with everyone else that we can’t really assume anything at this point in time, we also don’t know if these are endgame achievements. They may not have completed all the achievements yet, since there are only 8 shopping achievements, which seems like a small number compared to the others. There will definitely be “obtain an A support” type achievements but there may also be dining achievements as well. “Allies” is a very vague category.

Edited by martystarboy

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As Saint Rubenio put it, there's the possibility of more achievements than "gain a support rank with X". I could see at least some of them having a "recruited X" type of achievement too.

Unlikely, that would likely be placed in the combat achievements as recruitment takes place over the battlefield. There's 109 of them after all in comparison to the clearly limited 40.

Edited by Seazas

Kinda feels like Emblems might be included in the Allies' achievements. Stuff like "Achieve max Bond level with Marth" etc. would be sense.

Gladly welcoming 40(+) units though if that turns out to be true instead.

59 minutes ago, Safy said:

Kinda feels like Emblems might be included in the Allies' achievements. Stuff like "Achieve max Bond level with Marth" etc. would be sense.

Gladly welcoming 40(+) units though if that turns out to be true instead.

I thought so too until I saw the numbers didn't line up. There's currently 32 or so units and 12 Emblem Rings. The ally achievements wouldn't be limited to just 40.

10 hours ago, Seazas said:

I thought so too until I saw the numbers didn't line up. There's currently 32 or so units and 12 Emblem Rings. The ally achievements wouldn't be limited to just 40.

This might not be a complete endgame file and they are still missing achievements. Actually a weird design oversight that the game's not showing how many achievements out of how many you've got (40/??).

36 minutes ago, Safy said:

This might not be a complete endgame file and they are still missing achievements. Actually a weird design oversight that the game's not showing how many achievements out of how many you've got (40/??).

Weird design oversight... Or perhaps intentional, precisely to prevent us from ascertaining the size of the cast haha.

1 minute ago, martystarboy said:

(sad clown honking noise) I'm pretty sure they said "30 characters" in this trailer. Well, we had a good run...

30character.PNG

Well they say "over 30", not a good sign for 40+ wanter like me, but there's still hope for some more surprises

Just now, kienquocsi said:

Well they say "over 30", not a good sign for 40+ wanter like me, but there's still hope for some more surprises

Ah, OVER thirty. My understanding of Japanese leaves much to be desired. And I mean, maybe with the final wave of DLC...we could get to around 40?

The only odd omission from the cast is a villager or Nino archetype. Especially if paralogues are still a thing , there's bound to be the classic optionnal Villager chapter. And as people stated before , you can talk to units to recruit them... But a ton of the cast is an auto recruit. I doubt that royals like Ivy and Hortensia who appears as ennemies can just be killed off and be considered optional recruits as well , because you'd be locked out of their retainers as well : So 6 characters total.

I am fairly certain Anna and Yunaka will be a talk recruit on the field since they belong to neutral parties , and will most likely join you for monetary gain. Maybe Anna will pull a FE6 Hugh and you'll have to give her money to convince her that joining would be a good investment. Perhaps Seadall will be in the same boat and you'll have to rescue him ?

The kings and queens have been mentionned as well , and it would be nice to have at least one of them as playable to broaden the older to younger units ratio. + We're gonna need more pre promotes for the late game , there doesn't seem to be many.

The four hounds could work as either recruits with very hard requirements , or a new game + bonus. After all , while they look comically evil beside Mauvier , they need some kind of reason to... Unleash something that could destroy the world. Be it them thinking they could control the fell dragon for their own gain , their plans backfiring and chosing to help the heroes so they can stay alive or something a bit more nuanced like some being mind controlled , having genuine reasons for hating the divine dragon and other countries , or so on.

1 minute ago, Loliko said:

The only odd omission from the cast is a villager or Nino archetype. Especially if paralogues are still a thing , there's bound to be the classic optionnal Villager chapter.

I'm pretty sure Anna is the villager archetype this time, since she's a child, and she has pretty low level in her showcase: lv 1 while everyone else is 6-7 iirc

1 minute ago, kienquocsi said:

I'm pretty sure Anna is the villager archetype this time, since she's a child, and she has pretty low level in her showcase: lv 1 while everyone else is 6-7 iirc

Oh yeah , in fact , in the recent 8 minutes overview trailer , they showcase how to weaken units with break in order to feed kills to weaker units... And the character chosen was Anna ! I'm just so used to her being a pre promote.

It is interesting that she doesn't have a tier 0 (villager/journeyman , ect...) class and seems to be immediatly an axe fighter in that case.

Yeah I agree on Anna possibly being the trainee unit. She's explicitly referred to as being a merchant in training.

As for a late-game growth unit, I feel like one of Ivy/Hortensia/Timerra/Fogado could be. They are all in base classes when they join compared to their retainers who all join pre-promoted. 

1 hour ago, kienquocsi said:

Nah, she's level 7. Wouldn't want to base too much on her lv 20 Warrior stats either, but they don't seem amazing. Although her Mag(20) is pretty remarkable. Lots of HP too.

Edited by Cysx

33 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Nah, she's level 7. Wouldn't want to base too much on her lv 20 Warrior stats either, but they don't seem amazing. Although her Mag(20) is pretty remarkable. Lots of HP too.

Honestly in terms of full melee unit Hp seems high across the board, kinda like the reverse Fates where Hp was really low.

6 hours ago, Cysx said:

Oh yeah, it's because of her relatively low stats that we all think she's a trainee unit

Although, compared to other lv 7 units, her stats are not that low either (comparable to Boucheron btw, just a little less strength and some less points of def for more res) And her lv 20 Warrior stats is nothing to sneeze at (though I wouldn't base on it too much either, since reclassing loop is a thing): crap ton of skill and speed, and as you said, unusually high magic (mixed attack Anna is back!). She only has low defensive stats (though her res is capped), strength maybe on the low side for a Warrior, and pretty low luck for an Anna

Edited by kienquocsi

Just a random thought, but we know there's another nation in Gradlon, right? What if we get some characters from there, and not the Four Hounds? (I can see that making up for Three Houses' lack of recruitable Agarthans.) That would mean we'd get an extra 6 characters, right? Add those six, maybe one or two more for random recruits (basically the standard Villager + a wild card), an enemy recruit if that's not counted in, and we're on our way to 40-ish characters. The DLC characters will probably bring us up to 45, assuming Gradlon actually functions as a kingdom despite being sealed. 

I don`t see anything that suggests Gradlon is made up of more than one country, but if that is the case, I just forsee us getting some sympathetic NPCs from there. Any Gradlon playables, I wouldn`t be opposed to us getting non-Four Hounds Gradlon characters though.