32 playable characters confirmed, & maybe more? (Leaks mentioned)

martystarboy

1 hour ago, martystarboy said:

I was about to say… (RIP the Hounds theory)

Then again, Sommie is listed separately from the playable characters, so we're back to 4/3 (if you can take screenshots with Ephraim) recruits we still know nothing of:

engage-sommie-photo1.jpg

Edited by Moltz23

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One tiny question I have : When in the game was that video showing 50 taken ?

With those types of selection I'm pretty sure the common way to use them is to augment the  /number as you get new options. So if the video was taken before you recruited every character, the number 50 only indicates the number the player add access to at the time.

Edited by Tharne

1 hour ago, Moltz23 said:

Then again, Sommie is listed separately from the playable characters, so we're back to 4/3 (if you can take screenshots with Ephraim) recruits we still know nothing of:

engage-sommie-photo1.jpg

Sommie gets a menu for himself because he's awesome like that.

...In all seriousness, it's possible that this is an animal menu and they didn't have any other animals aside from Sommie unlocked at this point? Otherwise I don't get why he gets a menu for himself lol

36 minutes ago, Tharne said:

One tiny question I have : When in the game was that video showing 50 taken ?

With those types of selection I'm pretty sure the common way to use them is to augment the  /number as you get new options. So if the video was taken before you recruited every character, the number 50 only indicates the number the player add access to at the time.

I've been thinking this as well. Merrin's presence would seem to indicate the footage is post-Solm, but we don't know much about the game's timeline. It's certainly possible that they only got far enough to get all the announced characters, but there's still more surprises left after.

I don't know. It's fun to speculate with stuff like this, but ultimately, we'll only know in 7 days. Or y'know, when the game leaks, though it's certainly taking its sweet time to leak...

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

291.jpg

Only 17 available.

I really doubt 50 is the limit, honestly

It's worth noting that this is a screenshot by Nintendo World Report, who has to follow a strict NDA that only lets him show as far as chapter 8.

Still, 36 characters, give or take one or two, would line up with the trailer that said "over 30 playable characters."

Since I'm 90% sure Hyacinth gets killed by Sombron (and that's why Ivy and Hortensia switch sides), and Ève doesn't look like the fighting type, I'm gonna guess the remaining characters are Veyle, Morion and Svoglia (hoping Svoglia is a Halberdier)

Just now, Mysterique Sign said:

Since I'm 90% sure Hyacinth gets killed by Sombron (and that's why Ivy and Hortensia switch sides), and Ève doesn't look like the fighting type, I'm gonna guess the remaining characters are Veyle, Morion and Svoglia (hoping Svoglia is a Halberdier)

I think Morion gets done it too, and we will get Marnie instead. One guy and lady from the hounds.

20 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

Oi, looks like some people are getting the art book early. Looks like it has someone new peeps!
Credit goes towards /vg/, of course it spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

Okay...actually I didn't want to click because I wanted to avoid spoilers. But! I kind of don't regret it. Actually, that makes me a bit happy

Spoiler

Of course, I really hope this Saphir could be recruitable! I read a lot of people here complaining about the youngness of the cast, and there they are, two "old" characters! If she's playable, I will find a way to make her in my team, ahah.

But there's still the risk she's just a NPC...

20 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

Oi, looks like some people are getting the art book early. Looks like it has someone new peeps!
Credit goes towards /vg/, of course it spoilers.

You know what?

I'm not even mad I clicked that.

That is the single best surprise I've had since the reveal of Vandad's existence.

Spoiler

BLACK OLD WOMAN KNIGHT

Please tell me that's playable. Even if she isn't just the fact she exists pleases me, but PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME SHE'S PLAYABLE

Spoiler

They both seem to have crests on their artbook pages which match the crests that appear in the character book in game that has unit information so, unless said book also contains NPC info and each NPC also has their own crest, the likely hood they are playable is fairly good. Tho, it is also worth a mention that both Mauvier (who we know is playable) and Veyle (who is still iffy) don't have crests so we can't say for certain, but it would be great to have some older cast members.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

Ahem, excuse me.

Spoiler

The London guy also looks neat. I mean, he's just a nice old priest. It'd be nice to get nice old priests again. They dropped the ball with Tomas 2 in Houses.

Now, excuse me while I continue to lose my mind over Saphir.

5 minutes ago, Azz said:
  Hide contents

They both seem to have crests on their artbook pages which match the crests that appear in the character book in game that has unit information so, unless said book also contains NPC info and each NPC also has their own crest, the likely hood they are playable is fairly good. Tho, it is also worth a mention that both Mauvier (who we know is playable) and Veyle (who is still iffy) don't have crests so we can't say for certain, but it would be great to have some older cast members.

Don't do that, don't give me mixed signals. Stop, my body can't take so much uncertainty.

For those interested, spoiler page:

Spoiler

FmYzVLsWIAAV-ON?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Also Ivy page (no spoilers, just shows her base and promoted class design)

Spoiler

FmY7XCZWQAMt42f?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

1 minute ago, KoriCongo said:

Hmm, there's two different people that have the art book.

One's clearly in French while the other is English.

Am pretty sure the leaker is European. Our artbooks always feature multiple languages with English and French tending to be the most prominent ones. The left hand page is in English and the right hand is in French, as shown with the Ivy pages

39 minutes ago, Azz said:

For those interested, spoiler page:

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

Alright since i'm fairly certain the anwser's yes but is Yunaka also from Gradlon? She and Veyle on the website did not show a country of origin.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

Alright since i'm fairly certain the anwser's yes but is Yunaka also from Gradlon? She and Veyle on the website did not show a country of origin.

Yunaka is from Brodia which has been confirmed on twitter recently, her name is based on Unakite.

3 minutes ago, ShinobuF said:

Yunaka is from Brodia which has been confirmed on twitter recently, her name is based on Unakite.

....huh. Guess the website hiding her country of origin was a mistake then.

Just now, Armagon said:

It wasn't revealed she was from Brodia until they released an updated relationship chart containing all of the pre-release characters up on the website. For some reason however, she is still listed as 'unknown/unaffiliated' for whatever reason.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

No, it was intentional. Think the idea of her being Brodian is supposed to be a reveal, as it would make her stealing the Micaiah Emblem a lot more of a big deal, but they decided to just spoil it in the relationship chart for some reason.