Special Heroes - Gods Renewed

Jave

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That's just a theory I have.

Since Renewed Spirit (Alfonse's banner) is on the calendar and Like Clockwork (Dagr's Banner) and the ω Special Heroes (Peony's Banner) are not, it makes me believe they will combine the Like Clockwork banner (Dagr & Nott, Reginn, Fáfnir and Lyre) with the rest of the ω Special Heroes banner (Peony & Triandra, Plumeria, Kaden and Velouria).

So the banner I believe will be: Kaden, Fáfnir, Velouria, Reginn, Peony & Triandra, Dagr & Nott, Plumeria and Lyre.

Spoiler

Alright, makes sense. I could also see them combining Like Clockwork with the 2021 NY units. Like Clockwork's absence on the calendar is a bit suspect.

16 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Unfortunately that's because he's been saddled with the same fate as Fafnir and Freyr instead.

Eh, just show him NY Reginn and remind him that he could have been turned into a cute Elm Tree ornament with his face vaguely cut into it 😛

22 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wary Rabbit Fang is "賀正の子兎の爪牙" (gashō no ko-usagi no sōga), "Claws and Fangs of the Child Rabbit's 'Happy New Year'".

Updated the translation notes with Yarne's weapon.

The Def/Res Ideal Sacred Seal seems like it's there specifically for Askr, as it'll be the best dual-phase Def/Res Sacred Seal, and Askr should theoretically always have a Bonus on him since there are no skill effects that can get rid of his Resonance buffs.

Odd Tempest is okay, I guess.

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Odd Tempest is okay, I guess.

Honestly probably the only application of Odd Tempest as a "meta" seal is the scenario where you are unable to give refined Duo Ephraim/Lyon the seal in their C slot for permanent +1 move. Which in fairness isn't THAT farfetched considering right now it's only found on limited availability units (Legendary and Fallen Dimitri, Hatari festival Karla, Young Mia, and the 4* Flame festival Rinkah), but they'd still prefer Odd Tempest in the C slot.
Otherwise you are looking at being able to give any Infantry or Flying unit a permanent Move +1 at the cost of their C and SS slots. Basically the old strat of a unit having both Odd and Even Stat Waves, which if we're honest wasn't even that good back then.

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Honestly probably the only application of Odd Tempest as a "meta" seal is the scenario where you are unable to give refined Duo Ephraim/Lyon the seal in their C slot for permanent +1 move. Which in fairness isn't THAT farfetched considering right now it's only found on limited availability units (Legendary and Fallen Dimitri, Hatari festival Karla, Young Mia, and the 4* Flame festival Rinkah), but they'd still prefer Odd Tempest in the C slot.

Yeah, running Odd Tempest in the Sacred Seal slot forces you to pass up on running a stat-boosting Sacred Seal, which makes it worse than running Odd Tempest in the C slot, where the opportunity cost is smaller.

Other than skill availability, the only times I can see the Odd Tempest Sacred Seal being particularly useful is in Galeforce team compositions where you can sometimes afford to pass up on stats.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

since there are no skill effects that can get rid of his Resonance buffs.

Oh right, I forgot about that! It'd also work for Hardy Fighter or other Save tanks that can keep their HP up, right?

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Which in fairness isn't THAT farfetched considering right now it's only found on limited availability units

Yeah, so Odd Tempest is a great budget option for D!Ephraim and I'm sure it was an intentional choice by good old Ephraimdev.

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Basically the old strat of a unit having both Odd and Even Stat Waves, which if we're honest wasn't even that good back then.

At least free movement is much rarer a buff so stacking two different Tempest skills has more value than Waves! Comparatively speaking!

But yeah, I completely missed the Seal info, so this was great to read, thanks for sharing them Xeno!

53 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Oh right, I forgot about that! It'd also work for Hardy Fighter or other Save tanks that can keep their HP up, right?

There's no reason to run Def/Res Ideal on a Save tank unless you need Sacred Seals for more than 4 at a time (such as in Rival Domains or Arena Assault). Def/Res Form, Close Def, Distant Def, and Def/Res Bond are all strictly better than Def/Res Ideal for slow Save tanks.

Def/Res Ideal is more suited for bulky dual-phase infantry since its primary advantage is the fact that it's (functionally) active on both phases, though you ideally want to be running it with a buff that's immune to nullification (like Resonance, Tempest, Formation, etc.).

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Def/Res Ideal is more suited for bulky dual-phase infantry since its primary advantage is the fact that it's (functionally) active on both phases, though you ideally want to be running it with a buff that's immune to nullification (like Resonance, Tempest, Formation, etc.).

Ha ha!!

...seriously though, that's a good point, thanks. I was just spitballing and completely forgot about meta considerations.

PFFFF- Oh man. XD Okay, so, one of the things Elm says when you tap him on his character screen is "Ash is asleep on her feet. Let's tip her over." (or something close to it.) XD Oh man... Cow tipping made it into this...

Also, I forgot to mention it before, but evidently Askr's tail is actually a tail and not a part of his outfit. Conversely, Embla's claws are apparently just gauntlets since she's not wearing them here. (Or did the artist forget about her claws?)

I’m thrilled! Not only did I summon Panne in less than 10 summons, but I ALSO summoned Marth and Elice in less than 10 summons!

Generally I don’t care about the New Year’s banner, but the art and outfits this time around are gorgeous. I definitely would have preferred to see Panne on a Spring Festival banner, but I was happy enough to see her get an alt (and I have nearly 500 orbs saved due to several underwhelming banners) that I knew I would definitely summon for her.