New Preview Videos Dropping

Azz

1 minute ago, Azz said:

True, I do tend to forget that. Honestly, I can't say much cause I will also be giving Vandad many kills to use him as much as possible lol

Haha, well... Yeah, same, but even my Vandad-fanboying butt can't justify what the person in the video did. Vandad's going to get the same experience (read, effectively none) from hitting prologue enemies to near death as if he killed them. I may feed him his liege, though. If she counts as promoted she might give him some juicy early EXP. We'll see.

Honestly, unless the game's difficulty is so high that I actively need the crutch, I think the play's gonna be to demote him first chance I get so I can turn him into a pseudo-Jeigan growth unit, Nolan style. But well, until the game comes out, we're just speculating. I wonder how early on you can start to reclass.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Haha, well... Yeah, same, but even my Vandad-fanboying butt can't justify what the person in the video did. Vandad's going to get the same experience (read, effectively none) from hitting prologue enemies to near death as if he killed them. I may feed him his liege, though. If she counts as promoted she might give him some juicy early EXP. We'll see.

Honestly, unless the game's difficulty is so high that I actively need the crutch, I think the play's gonna be to demote him first chance I get so I can turn him into a pseudo-Jeigan growth unit, Nolan style. But well, until the game comes out, we're just speculating. I wonder how early on you can start to reclass.

I mean, in some of the preview they had Alear promoted by chapter 7 and in Marth's preview video was where we saw Vander as an axe fighter in chapter 7 also so hopefully soon enough

EDIT:

Some ch.7 gameplay from nintendo world report

Spoiler

Edited by Azz

New gameplay video by NWR, this time it's one turn of Chapter 7 on Hard/Classic

We get to see Jean in action for a bit. One cool thing that happens is the enemy uses Chain guard to prevent another enemy from getting broken allowing them to counter-attack Alear. Also Alfred gets Annihilated by Hortensia's Noble Rapier. Dragonic Time Crystals have 10 uses, I'm guessing you don't unlock more and you just start with all of them then.

Seems like draconic time crystal has infinite uses on normal but 10 on hard. I wonder if it decreases more for maddening?

4 minutes ago, Coreyographed said:

We also have confirmation of, what I presume is, Hortensia's personal skill now at 5:10

Big Personality: When unit uses a healing staff, grants range +1

Oooo I didn't catch the description of her personal. I wonder if that stacks with Micaiah's engage skill, would make Hortensia a great heal bot, especially considering she's frail af, she'd likely be in the backlines from combat she could easily physic and use great sacrifice for some great healing

Dang, that person is already at 750 battles that early ? How is that even possible ? Their units don't seem to have a particularly high level...

Edited by Cysx

25 minutes ago, Popers1328 said:

One cool thing that happens is the enemy uses Chain guard to prevent another enemy from getting broken allowing them to counter-attack Alear.

Don't forget to note that it would appear the guarding enemy took damage from blocking the attack. That'll be something to look out for.

...Also, wow that's some power on Etie. With a longbow, which I would assume is a weaker bow to compensate for the range, she outdamages everyone visible on the board but Louis and Engaged Hortensia. Really happy they've taken this route with her. Big power archers are fun, and it suits her character. Man Alcryst is hitting the bench at mach 10 speed--

Edited by Saint Rubenio

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't forget to note that it would appear the guarding enemy took damage from blocking the attack. That'll be something to look out for.

...Also, wow that's some power on Etie. With a longbow, which I would assume is a weaker bow to compensate for the range, she outdamages everyone visible on the board but Louis and Engaged Hortensia. Really happy they've taken this route with her. Big power archers are fun, and it suits her character. Man Alcryst is hitting the bench at mach 10 speed--

Yeah, chain guard makes the user take 20% of their health. Then it deactivates because it can only work at full HP.

Etie does seem to be the Str Archer, that being said don't forget that she has Marth (bond 4 should be +1 Str +2 Dex +2 Spd), and the Longbow is actually stronger than an Iron (also by 1 point). So she has 2 Str over Alcryst, and he should have 2 Spd over her, maybe just 1 if she's still weighed down by Iron

Edited by Cysx

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Dang, that person is already at 750 battles that early ? How is that even possible ? Their units don't seem to have a particularly high level...

It took me forever to notice what you're talking about. It's the achievement that pops up after Lapis attacks. During his 10 minute review he said that he's gotten multiple game overs and had to redo battles he lost. (He's playing on Hard/Classic and doesn't seem to be especially good at the game) If the game is keeping track of battles from attempts he lost in as well as battles he rewound with time crystals, it's plausible to get to 750 combats while not being overlevelled.

2 hours ago, Popers1328 said:

New gameplay video by NWR, this time it's one turn of Chapter 7 on Hard/Classic

We get to see Jean in action for a bit. One cool thing that happens is the enemy uses Chain guard to prevent another enemy from getting broken allowing them to counter-attack Alear. Also Alfred gets Annihilated by Hortensia's Noble Rapier. Dragonic Time Crystals have 10 uses, I'm guessing you don't unlock more and you just start with all of them then.

That overkill tho. Even without the 5 times chain attack, he wouldn't have survived, but that was brutal. 

Edited by Shadow Mir

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

That overkill tho

I like how the game starts lagging when everyone comes in to take a shot. This game looks to be vastly superior to Three Houses in the technical department, but there's still only so much the Switch can handle. Eh, I'll forgive it. It's so good looking, it can afford this sort of thing here and there.

18 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

That overkill tho. Even without the 5 times chain attack, he wouldn't have survived, but that was brutal. 

You can tell an FE Veteran as all of them flinched when they moved Alfred to attack and not watched the arggo lines.

12 hours ago, ciphertul said:

You can tell an FE Veteran as all of them flinched when they moved Alfred to attack and not watched the arggo lines.

Yep! I just noticed, when the player moves Alfred to the danger zone, we see the line from Hortensia, and the game seems to tell us what will be the outcome. In the up-right corner, we can see "Hortensia - All for One - Damage 28", as a prediction of what would happens. Pretty nice to take in consideration, seeing if you can take the damage or really not.

In the end, she end up giving him much more damages (15 from chain attacks + 22 personal damages = 37), maybe because of new positioning.

8 hours ago, Popers1328 said:

Nintendo World Report was also nice enough to provide screenshots of everything up to bond level 10 for the first 5 emblems.
https://imgur.com/a/z4D3lNw
Haven't looked at this myself yet, as soon I saw they posted it I thought to share it here first.

Whoah, that's really cool. We could have a look of the first skills we can get from Emblem. And the prof, also. It's a bit fun (not really) but 4 of these 5 gives Sword Prof, when only two of them is Sword locked (in weapons available). Sigurd gives Lance but also Sword. Celica gives Magic, but also Sword. I think a lot of Emblems will end up giving Sword Prof, so it won't be an issue to gain Sword Prof for you units. Other weapons might be more difficult to obtain.

9 hours ago, Popers1328 said:

Nintendo World Report was also nice enough to provide screenshots of everything up to bond level 10 for the first 5 emblems.
https://imgur.com/a/z4D3lNw
Haven't looked at this myself yet, as soon I saw they posted it I thought to share it here first.

Dammit, Marth and Roy both give sword proficiency? Then it might be as I worried. There's going to be a billion ways to get sword proficiency, and everything else is going to be hell to acquire.

32 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

I just noticed, when the player moves Alfred to the danger zone, we see the line from Hortensia, and the game seems to tell us what will be the outcome. In the up-right corner, we can see "Hortensia - All for One - Damage 28", as a prediction of what would happens. Pretty nice to take in consideration, seeing if you can take the damage or really not.

Oh yeah, I caught that as well. I would assume that the game warns you when the unit's going to eat a particularly powerful attack. Very kind of them.

Just now, Azz said:

Who did you ask by chance? I was hoping to ask if they could show the male class options so we know if dudes can fly or not

I just asked in the comments of NWR's newest video, the one where Alfred gets killed by Hortensia. They've been answering quite a few questions that people have asked in the comments. Rather than asking for screenshots you can probably just ask them about gender-locked classes generally.

One interesting bit of information they told us is about Draconic Time Crystals. Apparently, it does activate if Alear dies, but you can press B  to get a game over instead. Also, it seems you start with all of the uses and you don't get more throughout the game, but they of course refresh after each map. (Although they only mentioned up to Chapter 😎

Honestly that fixes my main problem with Rewinds, which is that 3H actively encouraged you to use them and didn't at all suggest to the player that not using them was a viable playstyle. It was clear that Divine Pulse was a part of the intended experience of the game. Having the player get more uses as a Renown rewards or for completing paralogues makes no sense if it's supposed to be a Quality of Life feature and actively integrates it into the games mechanics instead of keeping it as a separate, optional thing.

On 1/7/2023 at 12:21 PM, Azz said:

Oh wow, they weren't very good at the game, letting Vander getting all the kills lol 

The game looks gorgeous, so many cutscenes and art, the presentation is top notch.

Map wise, we're already seeing major difficulty differences. We've seen two different unit layouts for Lumera's map, presumably the one in the video is normal mode and the other layout where Lumera is at the top and there are more enemies is hard and maddening. I'm assuming where we've seen Hortensia without Lucina in chapter 7 is normal mode. I guess I'll be playing hard mode.

Okay so I was looking over the videos again and I actually don't think this is the case that the map layouts are that drastically different, looking at the English footage with Lumera not at the top I notice she also isn't Engaged with Sigurd. And since I don't think they'd take that out I think what's actually happening here is that Lumera is in tutorial mode on the bottom and then will move to the top to be the proper chapter boss and call in reinforcements once you defeat her once

On 1/6/2023 at 11:06 AM, Taho said:

Are the previews all in easy mode? The maps look like a walk in the park so far. Hortensia does 0 damage to engaged Alear...

I might go for maddening on my first run... I usually wait for the second one.

Anybody else worried about the lack of challenge?

Almost all the previews have been normal mode. 

21 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Do we have a list of the names of the chapter names for the first 8 chapters?

I think these are all we know:

Spoiler
  • Prologue: The Emblems 
  • Chapter 1: Awake at Last
  • Chapter 3: Hostilities
  • Chapter 4: A Land in Bloom 
  • Chapter 7: Dark Emblem
  • Paralogue: Mysterious Merchant (where you recruit Anna)

38 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

I think these are all we know:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Prologue: The Emblems 
  • Chapter 1: Awake at Last
  • Chapter 3: Hostilities
  • Chapter 4: A Land in Bloom 
  • Chapter 7: Dark Emblem
  • Paralogue: Mysterious Merchant (where you recruit Anna)

I know of one other chapter

Spoiler

Chapter 6 - The Stolen Ring