Azz

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

image.png

Well hello there Queen of Solm

It's hilarious how I would rather have all of these people instead of their children. All of them. Even the ugly old man. We have enough anime teens. Alas, these four have dead written all over them...

The queen of the desert in particular looks super badass for a character that is likely going to exist for one chapter, at the end of which she dies. Now what does this remind me of...

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

It's hilarious how I would rather have all of these people instead of their children. All of them. Even the ugly old man. We have enough anime teens. Alas, these four have dead written all over them...

The queen of the desert in particular looks super badass for a character that is likely going to exist for one chapter, at the end of which she dies. Now what does this remind me of...

I'm actually surprised that queen Eve actually survivesĀ the encounter with Zephia, not that she has much chanceĀ when Firene is on fire though, lol

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lets not manifest that... Istg, if the game just kills off all the current royals so that their kids can just take the thrones at the end of the game, I'll be pissed.Ā 

12 minutes ago, Azz said:

Lets not manifest that... Istg, if the game just kills off all the current royals so that their kids can just take the thrones at the end of the game, I'll be pissed.Ā 

It might pull a Dragon quest Heroes 2 where 1 of the rulers survive.

20 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

I like the female Armor boss

Is it "express my futile desire for Fates capture in Engage" o'clock yet?

18 minutes ago, Azz said:

An older woman is, really, just the bit of variety this cast needs. Already it's a deceptively diverse cast. We've got teens, kids, people of color, a femboy, a tomboy, let's just have badass queen Sfoglia (name pending) and she'll round up the cast nicely, I think. Though really, all of them would be great. As much of a pipe pream as that is. I've been saying it forever, Hyacinth turning good would be the ultimate curveball.

7 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

It might pull a Dragon quest Heroes 2 where 1 of the rulers survive.

Honestly, I'd take one. C'mon, IntSys, the Queen of Solm. I'll take the rest dying, but let me have at least her. She looks way too badass to go unceremoniously in a cutscene like all the rest. Spare her, at least. Please. Please...

Oooookay that only took three hours. Thanks for compiling them however, everyone.

I think the time has clearly passed for in-depth written analysis (good luck Vincent, by the way), so I won't go in too deep. What I can say is that I'm really happy about the roaming actually being in every single chapter as I had genuine trouble believing it. Clearly we won't get to visit buildings or anything, but this is a huge step in the right direction, and of course, draws from Shining Force. I think I've actually been asking for that for twenty years.

The plot I believe is obviously setting up something big and people are assuming it's simple a bit too fast, but we'll see.

As I feared we had seen the vast majority of classes already, and there aren't that many unique ones this time around. Prepare yourselves, unless this is not the whole list people are going to complain about this until the next game. Also advanced class skills seem extremely unbalanced, which is not necessarily a bad thing since they're stuck on them.

Jean does exist and he's our villager, that's nice.

Edited by Cysx

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well the ugly old man has Gharnef written all over him so he's definitely gonna die without being playable. I can see at least one of the queens getting murdered too.

36 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I think the plot is obviously setting up something big and people are assuming it's simple a bit too fast, but we'll see.

I have no expectations. Story is what I'm least interested on going in. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I expect it to be bad or that I will skip it on principle, it just means whatever happens, happens. Long as I get good gameplay, I'll welcome anything in the story.

31 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Jean does exist and he's our villager, that's nice.

A punching villager, no less. It really feels like they're getting a lot more milleage out of punching this time around.

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Well the ugly old man has Gharnef written all over him so he's definitely gonna die without being playable.

See, that's the thing. He's too obvious. Zephia's the one that gives me true Gharnef vibes. Hyacinth looks like a red herring to me. And that leaves him some room to become an unexpected playable.

...I'm grasping at straws aren't I? Well, dream's not dead until it's dead.

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I can see at least one of the queens getting murdered too.

Queen of Firene doesn't have much of a chance, I feel. She's seen in a super bad situation and we know her country ends up in flames eventually. Queen of Solm, though... that one we've just plain not seen hair nor hide of. Out of them, I feel she's the one that has the best chance.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A punching villager, no less. It really feels like they're getting a lot more milleage out of punching this time around.

So he is a Jotaro expy!

5 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

So can males just... not fly at all in this game? I mean Griffin and Wyvern list flier level as a pre-requisite.

I mean, it took five games for FE toĀ have a playable male flier ... maybe they're making a throwback to that (yet there's Rosado, so there's that)? Yeah, I doubt it. Still...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

So can males just... not fly at all in this game? I mean Griffin and Wyvern list flier level as a pre-requisite.

Rosado is right there, so unless the secret to aerial travel is crossdressing, I think males have the wyvern equivalent to the Flier class.

47 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

Rosado is right there, so unless the secret to aerial travel is crossdressing, I think males have the wyvern equivalent to the Flier class.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I was wondering why the class was called sword/lance/axeĀ flierĀ instead of sword/lance/axeĀ pegasus. Men probably do haveĀ access to the base flying class they just ride a different mount similar to how both Ivy and Hortensia are both wing tamers yet one rides a wyvern while the other rides a pegasus

Edited by EarthboundAddict

6 minutes ago, EarthboundAddict said:

That actually makes a lot of sense. I was wondering why the class was called sword/lance/axeĀ flierĀ instead of sword/lance/axeĀ pegasus. Men probably do haveĀ access to the base flying class they just ride a different mount similar to how both Ivy and Hortensia are both wing tamers yet one rides a wyvern while the other rides a pegasus

I do doubt that, we would have seen it on LouisĀ class change, it should only need a B in Lance/Axe/Sword which Louis has.

Perhaps I didn't paid enough attention , but I think pegasis are still a girl exclusive , and wyvern riders are just not available at all. Which is why Rosado is a Wyvern Knight , considering you get the Hortensia squad around the mid game since they have 2 pre-promotes. Ivy's and Hortensia's classes are probably locked to them as well.

So men won't have access to a tier 1 flier class and will have to settle to waiting for Griffin Knight and Wyvern Knight. Unless Rosado becomes a girl midway through and that's why he got special treatment , I don't know ??? It would be weird to just not allow half of the cast to fly for no real reason.

5 minutes ago, Loliko said:

Perhaps I didn't paid enough attention , but I think pegasis are still a girl exclusive , and wyvern riders are just not available at all. Which is why Rosado is a Wyvern Knight , considering you get the Hortensia squad around the mid game since they have 2 pre-promotes. Ivy's and Hortensia's classes are probably locked to them as well.

So men won't have access to a tier 1 flier class and will have to settle to waiting for Griffin Knight and Wyvern Knight. Unless Rosado becomes a girl midway through and that's why he got special treatment , I don't know ??? It would be weird to just not allow half of the cast to fly for no real reason.

It's just the same thing they did with Shadow Dragon. Men couldn't be Peg Knights but still had access to Wyvern after promotion while Ladies couldn't be Cavaliers (at least not until new mystery) but could be Paladins after promotions. They could make the Cavalier be a prerequisite to be a flier.

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

They could make the Cavalier be a prerequisite to be a flier.

That could be the case, but man the male pegasus denial is stupid. I'm just gonna headcanon the reason they do that is just to prevent players from having too much fliers early game, since there's no other logical reason, even "gender-restricted class" is not valid since there's (seemingly) no male-exclusive one.

Not too much in the Japanese Overview Trailer that just landed, though:

a)Ā XuohFEd.png

Meisterlanze, and what definitely looks like Vantage (the Japanese name is the same).

b) [see spoilers]

Spoiler

lgSfUDK.pngMUlTzuY.png

J1LTfTO.png0QI6ygz.png

Various Sync parameters for Emblems.

c) [see spoilers]

Spoiler

NuBuaRf.pngR3ZtrsN.png

Assuming this is from the same scene, why is Veyle holding what seems to be Sigurd's ring specifically...?

kpxXMjW.png

Ā 

3 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

I like Lapis's Swordmaster outfit, which doesn't seem to beĀ inspired by Asian culture like previous games

I agree, it's so regal! And with Kagetsu representing the Swordmaster from a faraway land, we really are getting the best of both worlds with the outfits.