New Preview Videos Dropping

Azz

The way fliers work with the genders is certainly pretty strange, but... eh. I can't say I mind too much, personally. I'm feeling it could be a way to make fliers harder to obtain, to avoid another Three Houses situation. Probably not the best way, but eh. To be honest, I don't like fliers that much myself, so I won't cry too hard over it. Just another reason to use Rosado.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, tipperthescales said:

257.jpg

3F230mo.png

Alear neither has the Weapon prof. nor the level requirement here tho. Is there a pic with a lvl10+ and required weapon prof.?

That said, going Master Seal then Second Seal is the same cost as going Second seal then Master seal, although probably means flying access later

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Alear neither has the Weapon prof. nor the level requirement here tho. Is there a pic with a lvl10+ and required weapon prof.?

That said, going Master Seal then Second Seal is the same cost as going Second seal then Master seal, although probably means flying access later

I don't think we need this kind of pic, because the screenshot speaks for itself, I guess. In requirements, weapons prof are red, like condition not meet. Also, it's specified Sword/Axe/Lance Flier lvl 10. In my opinion, it's not just a level issue, but really a class issue. For male units, this don't seem to be really free. You'll have to go master seal, then second seal.

I think we can find proof of this on others videos, where a unit lvl 10 could just go in its advanced class tree, and not the other classes.

Like Saint Rubenio, I'm not really fond of flying units in general, so I'm not really affected by it being gender locked in its base class. I don't really intend to use natural fliers either. I'm more an infantry guy.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

We've seen that with second sealing, the only thing you need is to have the specific proficiencies and be at the same tier. So advanced classes can second seal into one another without issue as long as they meet the proficiency requirement. For example, Alear can change into a sword Griffon Knight if he has already promoted and has gotten staff proficiency. It's really a non issue tbh since you're using the same resources as a female character if you were to reclass her to a flier, it just might take a bit longer since they have to be promoted. I just think having genderlocked flying classes is stupid especially when Fates did away with it and it was fine.

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

I just think having genderlocked flying classes is stupid especially when Fates did away with it and it was fine.

I will say, even if it doesn't affect me personally that much, I do think it would've been better to just not have gender locks, especially now that we've moved away from Houses's heavier focus on reclassing.

I think a better idea would've been to have fliers need to use a separate seal. Like Houses's dark seals, only instead of locking a really lame, male-locked class, they lock some super desirable classes, so there's much more of an incentive to go for them while also making a Houses-style full army of fliers unattainable.

Also side note, I think it's interesting to see that Alear keeps their dragon effectiveness when reclassed. Not that this isn't like previous game with previous games with transformers who can reclass in Awakening/Fates but still its' interesting. I wonder how many enemies will actually have dragon effectiveness in the game. IIRC, I don't remember it being too much of an issue in Fates with Corrin.

More than the stupid gender-lock, it's the weird abscence of a pegasus advance class... Surely pegasus have nothing to do with falcons? I can tolerate it if is optional, such as Wyverns turning Griffons in Awakening or Pegasus turning Kinshis in Fates, but having no other choice...? I don't really look forward seeing Chloe ride a giant ass bird.

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

IIRC, I don't remember it being too much of an issue in Fates with Corrin.

Conquest Iago chaper be like: say sike

And even elsewhere, quite a few nasty enemies here and there were extra set up to kill Corn xD

6 minutes ago, szechuan said:

s the weird abscence of a pegasus advance class

Hortensia got an advanced Pegasus monopoly

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

11 minutes ago, szechuan said:

More than the stupid gender-lock, it's the weird abscence of a pegasus advance class... Surely pegasus have nothing to do with falcons? I can tolerate it if is optional, such as Wyverns turning Griffons in Awakening or Pegasus turning Kinshis in Fates, but having no other choice...? I don't really look forward seeing Chloe ride a giant ass bird.

Gotta agree with this. It even feels the griffons are there so that men can have more than just wyverns as an option, if it's truly promoted Second Seal access only.

But yeah, pegasus to... not-pegasus is weird. Then again, it might be callback to the original game where Pegasus Knights switched mounts... because.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Conquest Iago chaper be like: say sike

And even elsewhere, quite a few nasty enemies here and there were extra set up to kill Corn xD

In fairness, I haven't played Fates in a while XD

15 hours ago, Azz said:

Has played 3 chapters of maddening. Biggest change is enemies have new skills such as skills that negate break, effectiveness etc

Expected/10
First thing I thought when I saw Break was "wow, this looks broken. Smart money says they will have skills that negate it".

It would be odd if bosses could be beaten down that easily. I approve of their efforts to keep bosses relevant.

As far as the Flier stuff goes both the lack of promoted Pegasus and gender lock on Pegasus are silly, especially when it’s currently the only gender lock in the game, and likely to remain so. Also worries me about the DLC given Dark Flier seems like a decently likely option, or just more gender locking stuff in general. It’s minor but it’s definitely an all around loss, especially if it’s why we have Griffon over Pegasi for the promotion.

So no outfit customization for battles at all.

I've been super positive about this game all around but I'm genuinely fucking pissed about that.

I NEED to be able to play dress up with Hortensia in battle. She looks amazing in other outfits too.

1673657131087013.png

Wasn't sure where this would be best situated, but thinking back on the flyover that Digital Foundry's Engage technical preview showed, and noting the previous discussion on throwback maps on the subreddit (see here and here) and the collation on the Serenes prerelease Maps page, I went ahead and made some speculation as to where in Elyos said throwbacks are geographically:

Spoiler

Rvi6RBG.png
n65K9Jx.pngZfV3FtS.png
GvoS8Ti.pngcEF7M5g.png

For Sigurd, I can't see an obvious place for two banks with castles to each side, with a connecting narrow stretch of land or strait.

We don't know Marth's or Byleth's throwbacks. If Marth's is FE11 Ch. 23 (referencing his first claiming of the Falchion), then it could be somewhere in Solm given that Thabes is a desert.

For my suspicions of Eirika's throwback map being in Elusia, you can see a bit more overgrowth on the walls of the bottomless pits, which isn't particularly evident in the original map in GBA.

The arena is pretty much guaranteed to be Arena Ferox.

FE9 Ch. 8 is a rocky fort landlocked by some greenery, though Engage's map emphasises the rockiness over all else, which places it quite readily in Brodia.

I'm not certain on Corrin's throwback map, as there's another double bridge location in Firene; though I guess a river system in a U shape is close enough to a Y...? Also the sunset hue of that map throws off an exact match here.

No clue on the island fort at this moment.

The yurts are endemic of FE6 Ch. 20x (Sacae).

The shrine to its west looks like the shape of the Shrine of Seals.

The second Firenese double bridges location, though the way these are oriented, plus the mountainous surrounds, makes me think FE5 Ch. 22 is very likely here.

I can't make out what the dark building is on the Solmic coast, but it feels a bit off the main track for the Seadall chapter.

I think the rocky formations at the border peninsula, and the angled rocks further east, are story chapters in Solm.

Obviously we'll find out pretty soon where these throwbacks actually reside, but I'm interested to hear if anyone else had other thoughts as to their possible locations~

Man, I'm pretty disappointed about how Pegasus/Flier is literally the only gender-locked class.

It even says for Griffon and Wyvern that you need to be a level 10 Flier to promote into it, so what even is the point of locking it if they're gonna make the promotions available anyway--and make it harder to achieve in the first place? Not to mention they didn't even bother giving us a male-equivalent.

big sigh Tbh, it was to be expected, IS is prob gonna die on the Pegasus-lock-hill.

I guess, to be positive, since it's only the base class that's locked it matters a little less because it's a little more "temporary" since you'll end up in an advanced class by mid-game anyway. And honestly, I don't even mind the absence of Falcon Knight--and it's been my favorite class for every single game. If it means having one less gender-lock, I'm kinda glad it's been replaced.

Edited by LJ_Reflet

On 1/12/2023 at 10:11 AM, Hiroki said:

Thanks a lot for that, that's very useful!

Reveal hidden contents

The emblem rings are big mcguffins and important to story but the emblem characters themselves are rather unimportant and have no importance outside of their introductions, including Marth even. The Somniel is where you mainly interact with them. He feels Micaiah doesn't feel like she was written by someone who played RD

That's a bit sad actually, but not really surprising. I guess it's more a "FE Heroes" team who could be in charge of every interactions with Emblems, more than teams that actually worked on these past games.

Reveal hidden contents

He talks about Jean for a bit. He didn't expect people would care about him. Is the villager archetype of the game. You are defending his village from corrupted. Joins the army to become a better medic (his father says he'll be a burden to Alear lol)

Well, he's kind of correct, I don't care about him ahah. I just can't bear this kind of character.

Reveal hidden contents

Most bosses have revival stones. Basically extra HP bar. Makes it impossible to kill bosses in one round of combat. Show up from chapter 5.

So, from chapter 5, it will be more difficult to kill bosses. My question is when they use those revival stones, can they attack immediately or are they stun a bit?

Micaiah is a bit of a weird case, because, technically, Radiant Dawn's localization actually ended up adding some things to Micaiah that didn't exist in Akatsuki. (Most of them are a few speechs like the base conversations with Dawn Brigade for the Daein Regalia). While I could argue that both Micaiahs are effectively the same character (after all Heroes still makes mention to her hard choices and things like the oil thing are something that obviously exist in the original version), Radiant Dawn's version is a bit more... spicy, sort of speaking, compared with Akatsuki's version.

Though, I wonder how far the conversations have gone with Miccy, because C Bond conversations definitely feel like a place to put "Micaiah at her basicest".

Edited by Troykv