Decent chunk of the cast's personal skills revealed

Corrobin

Here's a list for the people who don't wanna watch the whole video: 

Alear: Divinely Inspiring (Adjacent allies deal +3 damage and take 1 less damage)
Alfred: Self-Improver (If unit uses Wait without attacking or using items, grants +2 Strength for 1 turn)
Yunaka: Trained To Kill (While unit occupies terrain that grants an Avo bonus, grants Crit +15)
Louis: Admiration (If two female units are adjacent within two spaces, this unit takes 2 less damage during combat)
Alcryst: Get Behind Me! (When an ally within 2 spaces is attacked, grants +3 Strength to unit for 1 turn)
Citrinne: Generosity (When this unit uses a healing item, adjacent allies also recover the same amount of HP)
Lapis: Share Spoils (If there is an ally within 1 space, grants Hit/Avoid +10 at a cost of -10 Crit to unit)
Jean: Expertise (Grants unit enhanced stat growth when levelling up)
Chloe: Fairy-Tale Folk (If a male and a female ally are adjacent within two spaces, unit deals +2 damage in combat)
Anna: Make A Killing (May obtain 500 G when unit defeats a foe. Trigger% = Luck.)
Etie: Energized (When unit recovers HP using an item, grants +2 Strength for 1 turn)
Celine: Gentle Flower (Recovery items used by allies within 2 spaces heal +50% HP)
Boucheron: Moved To Tears (When an ally joins a chain attack in this unit's combat, unit deals +2 damage)
Vander: Alabaster Duty (If unit is adjacent to the Divine Dragon, grants +5 Crit during combat to both of them.)
Framme: Crimson Cheer (If unit is adjacent to the Divine Dragon, grants +10 Avo during combat to both of them.)
Clanne: Verdant Faith (If unit is adjacent to the Divine Dragon, grants +10 Hit during combat to both of them.)
Diamante: Fair Fight (If unit initiates combat, grants +15 Hit to unit and foe if foe is able to counterattack.)
Amber: Aspiring Hero (If no other units are within 1 space of unit or foe, grants +20 Hit at the cost of -10 Avoid in combat.)
Ivy: Single-Minded (During combat with a foe who was also unit's most recent opponent, grants +20 Hit)
Kagetsu: Blinding Flash (If unit initiates combat, inflicts Avo -10 on foe during combat.)
Zelkov: Not *Quite* (If foe initiates combat, inflicts -10 Hit on that foe during combat.)
Hortensia: Big Personality (When unit uses a healing staff, grants range +1)
Goldmary: Disarming Sigh (If foe is male, inflicts Hit -20 on that foe during combat)
Rosado: Stunning Smile (If foe is male, inflicts Avoid -20 on that foe during combat)

Chloe’s is kind of silly, wish it had slightly more accurate effects. Alcryst also has an interesting effect given that he doesn’t feel like he’d be a super protective kind of character. There are some nifty looking effects overall though. 

Hm? How is it not accurate?

That said, come to think of it, I can see it synergizes well with Louis' own. Both are Céline's retainers, which means if the three fight together, all three of their skills would be active at all times.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? How is it not accurate?

That said, come to think of it, I can see it synergizes well with Louis' own. Both are Céline's retainers, which means if the three fight together, all three of their skills would be active at all times.

It reminds me of that meme pic with Louis and Chloe next to F Alear and nothing thinking dirty thing about the other two.

Diamante got screwed. I mean, giving his opponent a hit boost as well? What the fuck?? Aside from that, Etie's doesn't look like it'd be very useful. Also, personals based on the gender of the foe return. I think that if there is one that requires female opponents, it'll be useless because 99.9% of enemies in these games are male.

54 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Diamante got screwed. I mean, giving his opponent a hit boost as well? What the fuck?? Aside from that, Etie's doesn't look like it'd be very useful. Also, personals based on the gender of the foe return. I think that if there is one that requires female opponents, it'll be useless because 99.9% of enemies in these games are male.

My plan is just to give him def boosters, pair him with Ike, and call it a day. A character with mercenary stats giving the opponent 15 hit isn't going to dodge shit.

4 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

My plan is just to give him def boosters, pair him with Ike, and call it a day. A character with mercenary stats giving the opponent 15 hit isn't going to dodge shit.

This is my plan too, but I’ll probably keep heavy weapons away from him.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Three Houses actually had pretty good gender diversity among the enemy teams. Even the typical early game bandits had several female members so Engage could follow up in that regard

9 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Here's a list for the people who don't wanna watch the whole video: 

Alear: Divinely Inspiring (Adjacent allies deal +3 damage and take 1 less damage)
Alfred: Self-Improver (If unit uses Wait without attacking or using items, grants +2 Strength for 1 turn)
Yunaka: Trained To Kill (While unit occupies terrain that grants an Avo bonus, grants Crit +15)
Louis: Admiration (If two female units are adjacent within two spaces, this unit takes 2 less damage during combat)
Alcryst: Get Behind Me! (When an ally within 2 spaces is attacked, grants +3 Strength to unit for 1 turn)
Citrinne: Generosity (When this unit uses a healing item, adjacent allies also recover the same amount of HP)
Lapis: Share Spoils (If there is an ally within 1 space, grants Hit/Avoid +10 at a cost of -10 Crit to unit)
Jean: Expertise (Grants unit enhanced stat growth when levelling up)
Chloe: Fairy-Tale Folk (If a male and a female ally are adjacent within two spaces, unit deals +2 damage in combat)
Anna: Make A Killing (May obtain 500 G when unit defeats a foe. Trigger% = Luck.)
Etie: Energized (When unit recovers HP using an item, grants +2 Strength for 1 turn)
Celine: Gentle Flower (Recovery items used by allies within 2 spaces heal +50% HP)
Boucheron: Moved To Tears (When an ally joins a chain attack in this unit's combat, unit deals +2 damage)
Vander: Alabaster Duty (If unit is adjacent to the Divine Dragon, grants +5 Crit during combat to both of them.)
Framme: Crimson Cheer (If unit is adjacent to the Divine Dragon, grants +10 Avo during combat to both of them.)
Clanne: Verdant Faith (If unit is adjacent to the Divine Dragon, grants +10 Hit during combat to both of them.)
Diamante: Fair Fight (If unit initiates combat, grants +15 Hit to unit and foe if foe is able to counterattack.)
Amber: Aspiring Hero (If no other units are within 1 space of unit or foe, grants +20 Hit at the cost of -10 Avoid in combat.)
Ivy: Single-Minded (During combat with a foe who was also unit's most recent opponent, grants +20 Hit)
Kagetsu: Blinding Flash (If unit initiates combat, inflicts Avo -10 on foe during combat.)
Zelkov: Not *Quite* (If foe initiates combat, inflicts -10 Hit on that foe during combat.)
Hortensia: Big Personality (When unit uses a healing staff, grants range +1)
Goldmary: Disarming Sigh (If foe is male, inflicts Hit -20 on that foe during combat)
Rosado: Stunning Smile (If foe is male, inflicts Avoid -20 on that foe during combat)

Alear : So like Camilla skill in Fates. a good skill. 

Yunaka : a crit machine...on avoid tiles.

Citrinne : can heal allies without the use of staves, combo with Celine for more hp?

Edited by link16hit
error

7 hours ago, Mirron said:

Well, if it’s meant to parallel fairy tale true love stuff it’s not like every guy can pair up with every girl in this. Tying it to supports would be a bit better.

Well, it doesn't need to. In fact, I don't think romance is that much involved in the reasoning on how the skill works. Or at least, not in every case. As I said, the most likely pair that gets to activate the skill the most would be Céline and Louis. As in, a princess and her knight in shining armor. That's the sort of pair that would be appealing to the fairy-tale loving Chloé, hence finds it motivating to support them, resulting in the damage boost. But well, once you get outside that it's really less clear. Unless Chloé in general just finds appealing the idea of chivalry, as part of the whole fairy-tale imagery, regardless if it actually happens.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Diamante got screwed. I mean, giving his opponent a hit boost as well? What the fuck??

Well, a lot of those skill are gimmicky and not alway very easy to make the most of, don't think this one is any exception. Anyway, I don't think its that bad though as its only activate when Diamante himself initiate a battle (at least, that how i understood it) so as long as you make him chose target that don't get the chance to counter, it shouldn't too bad. If anything this will propably help him finish off weaker unit with higher avoid.

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Honestly, I expect it won't be very hard to make him very solid defensively, I mean, among every lord in the game, he seem to be the most likely to have higher defense. Kinda found it weird he seemed to be more associated with Roy as far as trailers are concerned when he clearly feel tailor made for Ike in term of battle style.

39 minutes ago, Emobot7 said:

Well, a lot of those skill are gimmicky and not alway very easy to make the most of, don't think this one is any exception. Anyway, I don't think its that bad though as its only activate when Diamante himself initiate a battle (at least, that how i understood it) so as long as you make him chose target that don't get the chance to counter, it shouldn't too bad. If anything this will propably help him finish off weaker unit with higher avoid.

Honestly, I expect it won't be very hard to make him very solid defensively, I mean, among every lord in the game, he seem to be the most likely to have higher defense. Kinda found it weird he seemed to be more associated with Roy as far as trailers are concerned when he clearly feel tailor made for Ike in term of battle style.

Maybe his whole point is to play on his strength. I don't really know the stats (and don't really want to now) but he seems to be a lord with high strength. So, giving him Roy is to enhance a bit more that strength and permits him to finish off enemy faster. His bonus in Hit is to guarantee that he doesn't miss the enemy, because his high strength might give him the opportunity to kill in one blow, sometimes (or weakened enemy). So, don't matter if the enemy has higher hit, if he's dead before landing an attack. But yeah, it might be interesting to compare him with Roy or with Ike.

Plus, higher Hit is good with axes, his secondary weapon in promoted class.

6 hours ago, Hiroki said:

Maybe his whole point is to play on his strength. I don't really know the stats (and don't really want to now) but he seems to be a lord with high strength. So, giving him Roy is to enhance a bit more that strength and permits him to finish off enemy faster. His bonus in Hit is to guarantee that he doesn't miss the enemy, because his high strength might give him the opportunity to kill in one blow, sometimes (or weakened enemy). So, don't matter if the enemy has higher hit, if he's dead before landing an attack. But yeah, it might be interesting to compare him with Roy or with Ike.

Plus, higher Hit is good with axes, his secondary weapon in promoted class.

Yep, this is also part of what I meant when I said to chose target who won't get a chance to counter, not just ennemy with ranged attack only but also possibly, finishing ennemies off and taking down weaker (and maybe even stronger) foe in a single hit if possible. This is propably how IS expect people to play him and I'd be surprised if his stats didn't reflect that. But like you said, we don't know that yet and I also don't really care to know right now, we'll find out when the game release. 

Edited by Emobot7

The biggest one to me seems to be Hortensia. 1-2 range Heals and Mends have some fun strategic possibilities, as does being able to get more range out of Physic than usual, and increasing how many people Fortify can heal.