Engage Leak Thread *CAUTION: SPOILERS AHOY*

Azz

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

Really interesting to note that the royals (sans Alear and Veyle) don't have prf weapons which is surprising (also rip Alfred, Céline and Fogado who wont be able to use the S rank weapons in their special classes oof).

Speaking of S rank weapons, seems like Nova is our S rank tome I think. Also swords, lances, axes and knives have two legendary weapons, a basic one and one that acts as a smash weapon. The S rank staff fully charges someone's engage meter.

I'm a bit suprised by that but part of me feels like the Engage rings lore wise serve as the PRFs for the lords since they dont exactly need a Holy/Demonic sword since theyve got the power of multiple in one ring which then comes down to them not having any in gameplay.

10 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

You actually called this one, if only a bit.

They found the JP text and its shown that some of the younger characters like Anna and Hortensia's more explicit romantic mentions are censored in the US version.

Reveal hidden contents

>MID_RELIANCE_S_#025: \14\3\2\n\8リュール\n恋人にはまだ早くても…\nパートナーにはなれると思いませんか?\14\4
>MID_RELIANCE_S_#026: \14\3\2\8\6アンナ\n…そうね。現にわたしたち、\n新商品をうみだしたパートナー同士だもんね!\14\4

"Even if it's too early for us to be lovers, don't you think we can be partners?"

Reveal hidden contents

>MID_RELIANCE_S_#029: \14\3\2\14\12オルテンシア\nあなたはこのあたしが惚れ込んだ相手なんだから!\nこれからも自信を持ってなさい。だーい好きよ!\14\4

\14\3\2\14\12 Hortensia\nYou are the person I fell in love with!\nContinue to have confidence in yourself. I love you!\14\4

I am curious to see what Fogado’s is like considering how charming/flirty he seemed in the JP footage 

Spoiler

It's not just the underage supports being different, there's some other weird changes. Ivy says she loves you in her b support, but in the tl they changed it to 'I don't mean in a romantic way,' while the mixture of adoration and romantic love is left ambiguous in the JP.

Maybe they didn't want her confessing her love to you if you already had an S support partner, since it's just in her B support, but it's still extremely bizarre.

And a lot of characters who seem like they're about the same age as Alear, like Rosado or Celine, have more 'friends' inserted into the TL of their S support/paired endings. It's very strange.

15 minutes ago, Azz said:

Really interesting to note that the royals (sans Alear and Veyle) don't have prf weapons which is surprising (also rip Alfred, Céline and Fogado who wont be able to use the S rank weapons in their special classes oof).

Speaking of S rank weapons, seems like Nova is our S rank tome I think. Also swords, lances, axes and knives have two legendary weapons, a basic one and one that acts as a smash weapon. The S rank staff fully charges someone's engage meter.

That's surprising.

I already figured the Emblems were taking the place of legendary weapons, but I had figured the older royals would still get some kind of royal weapon like Elincia did with Amiti.

Wierd.

Just now, mildmanakete said:
  Hide contents

So is there any chance non-Alear paired endings just haven't been datamined yet? Or is it confirmed no paired endings outside Alear? 

Spoiler

It's a complete text dump. And the game has endings CGs for all the non-alear characters where they're doing very specific things by themselves. Unless they get patched in, only alear having paired endings is confirmed.

3 minutes ago, Endomorph said:
  Hide contents

It's not just the underage supports being different, there's some other weird changes. Ivy says she loves you in her b support, but in the tl they changed it to 'I don't mean in a romantic way,' while the mixture of adoration and romantic love is left ambiguous in the JP.

Maybe they didn't want her confessing her love to you if you already had an S support partner, since it's just in her B support, but it's still extremely bizarre.

And a lot of characters who seem like they're about the same age as Alear, like Rosado or Celine, have more 'friends' inserted into the TL of their S support/paired endings. It's very strange.

Spoiler

In this case, wouldn't the more correct localization be to use "like"

Edited by pik3rob

I didn't want to look at spoilers at first, but, out of boredness, I carefully read somes, ahah!

4 hours ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

Character ages:

Reveal hidden contents

Characters do have given ages though. Here are some-
Jean- 10
Anna- 11
Hortensia-14
Framme- 16
Veyle- 16
Alear- 17
Etie-17
Celine- 17
Citrinne- 17
Alcryst- 17
Rosado- 17
Lapis- 18
Timerra- 18
Chloe- 18
Panette- 18
Goldmary-19
Merrin- 19
Ivy- 20
Alfred- 21
Louis- 22
Jade- 22
Yunaka- 22
Bucheron- 23
Bunet- 23
Seadall- 23
Amber- 24
Diamant- 25
Kagetsu- 26
Zelkov- 28
Mauvier- 31
Saphir- 35 (what? lol)
Vander- 45 (damn lol)
Lindon- 60

Spoiler

Like many said already, those ages are really strange. But, I'm a bit happy to learn that Clanne and Framme, for example, are not too young. 16 is kind of okay, I guess (compared to 10). Also, Diamant is like 25, which is cool! But Saphir being 35 and Vander being 45....Anime-culture really fucked up our perception of ages here, ahah! They're like 20 years older at least!

3 hours ago, Tharne said:

Posting this here, hoping I didn't make any mistake :

raVidXr.png

It's interesting looking at those gro. I guess we have to rely a lot on classes and choose really carefully to give the best opportunities to our units.

2 hours ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

DLC emblem spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Yup you can’t ever outrun Camilla she’ll always be there not complaining but yeah lol. Veronica is such a crazy pick I guess the FEH x Engage bonus today hinted at it still interesting guess FEH really IS canon. Soren was unexpected cool looking forward to him! Chrom and Hector expected but by themselves no Robin or Eliwood sadness…..

I must say I'm kind of disappointed by those. Still, they could be wrong, I don't understand them well. Maybe I hoped a little too much. Maybe I'm not just the target of this DLC. I don't know.

Spoiler

I can understand Hector, as I stated in my DLC Emblem prediction. But the others....sigh.

Chrom is not really interesting (imo) because he's pretty much like Lucina.

Veronica...I just consider Heroes as a gacha non canon game. I guess I'm wrong here. But for the anniversary...I hoped for something more meaningful of the whole saga.

Camilla....I never felt anything for this character, I don't want to see her no more but...it seems a lot of people must wait for her to be everywhere. She's not really meanginful imo. Less than Azura.

Soren. While I like the Tellius games, and liked Soren in every playthrough, using him everytime...I don't see him as a brillant representative of his game. Elincia would have bring more things and be more meaningful. Even Sothe or Sanaki would have. Anyway

1 hour ago, powerserg said:

Should be noted that it is possible these still have more to them. Like I think the House leaders ring is just listed as Edelgard. So it's possible that some of these rings also have more than one character in them. 

You have a good point here. Even if I'm not a fan of those multiple Emblems rings, this might be a possibility. But, I find it lazy and bad choice from IS. 

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't believe my first, knee-jerk reaction to this game was "FE is dead."

Now I am legit more excited and positive about this game than most people I see, online or otherwise. Go figure.

Anyway

I've never been one to care much for the matchmaking side of FE, but I love these. They're legit great pieces of art, especially after Houses's... uh, less than stellar showing. And the ending GGs are so soothing, so to speak. I don't believe FE's ever done such a thing as these before, right? Cute little ending art for the entire cast? That's so cool, I love them.

Japan!

You talk like Momphir's not enough

Fire Emblem died now we have Fire Emblems!

Spoiler

No paired endings for non-Alear characters sucks soooo much. I know it's like an anniversary game, but paired endings has had a big presence in the franchise. I feel like a lot of people are going to be upset by this, so it makes me question why they chose this direction. Even if there was a limited amount for each character, it'd be better than nothing. 

29 minutes ago, mildmanakete said:
  Hide contents

No paired endings for non-Alear characters sucks soooo much. I know it's like an anniversary game, but paired endings has had a big presence in the franchise. I feel like a lot of people are going to be upset by this, so it makes me question why they chose this direction. Even if there was a limited amount for each character, it'd be better than nothing. 

Spoiler

I would honestly prefer a few well thought out paired endings for other characters than s ranks for Alear. Especially S ranks that don’t even lead into good ending cards. 

Do we know the characters proficiencies, I need to make Jean a lance fighter because the game wont give me one. Or if theres any better characters for that I am listening, but I will make Jean a villager one way or another.

Looking at the S support cards, some characters have the ring on their left ring finger, while others have it on their middle or are just holding it.

These characters line up more or less with those said to be romantic or platonic in dialogue.

Ring finger (romantic?): Alfred, Diamant, Boucheron, Louis, Chloe, Amber, Ivy, Zelkov, Kagetsu, Goldmary, Timerra, Panette, Pandreo, Yunaka, Seadall, Vander, Saphir

Middle finger or holding ring (platonic?): Clanne, Framme, Etie, Celine, Jade, Alcryst, Lapis, Citrinne, Hortensia, Rosado, Merrin, Fogado, Bunet, Anna, Jean, Lindon, Veyle, Mauvier

13 minutes ago, bees said:

Looking at the S support cards, some characters have the ring on their left ring finger, while others have it on their middle or are just holding it.

These characters line up more or less with those said to be romantic or platonic in dialogue.

Ring finger (romantic?): Alfred, Diamant, Boucheron, Louis, Chloe, Amber, Ivy, Zelkov, Kagetsu, Goldmary, Timerra, Panette, Pandreo, Yunaka, Seadall, Vander, Saphir

Middle finger or holding ring (platonic?): Clanne, Framme, Etie, Celine, Jade, Alcryst, Lapis, Citrinne, Hortensia, Rosado, Merrin, Fogado, Bunet, Anna, Jean, Lindon, Veyle, Mauvier

That may be a coincidence to be fair, since we know some of the ones with underaged characters are romantic in Japanese and not English. Hortensia's is romantic in Japan but she wears it on her middle finger, Anna's Japanese S seems pretty non-platonic as well from what was posted here and she's holding the ring.

Edited by VilebloodFae

20 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

I'm assuming you're talking about Zephia? zephia-profile.jpg

If so, we have no confirmation yet

You are correct, and that is a shame. Hopefully at the very least she will end up being an Aversa and come in post game.

Of course I say that with no knowledge of the story and just the character art. It's a great design and I would hate to see her just killed off and never get to use her. That's why I like Lyon post game too (and he's my fav villain).

2 minutes ago, VilebloodFae said:

That may be a coincidence to be fair, since we know some of the ones with underaged characters are romantic in Japanese and not English. Hortensia's is romantic in Japan but she wears it on her middle finger, Anna's Japanese S seems pretty non-platonic as well from what was posted here and she's holding the ring.

Yeah don’t go by the cgs. Some match up but definitely not all.

1 minute ago, VilebloodFae said:

That's true, but considering both of those characters are underage, it may be a "I have a crush on you" ending, whereas the ones wearing it on their ring finger are more of a "we are lovers now" ending.

Fascinating

Spoiler

So then, between the japanese and english version... the conversations that are platonic in the english version are more ambiguous (see Hortensia) in the japanese version and the ones that are more ambiguous are more romantic?*

*With some exceptions that I can't fact check to be sure.

Spoiler

I'm seeing people on reddit say that the non-Alear characters have endings that are very slightly affected by their supports? Can anyone confirm or deny? Even something tiny is better than nothing...