Official Fire Emblem Engage Manga released (JPN only for now)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 5:27 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

So uh....why exactly is Etie dangling a restrained Alear from a cliff in the Yunaka chapter?

I've seen this happen before. If someone doesn't feel safe going over narrow ledges on their own, someone may carry them like that.

---

Chapter 7 is out on Mangadex! Fufufuyu may have moved translations there permanently due to their twitter account getting restricted: https://mangadex.org/chapter/d0f654de-00d3-418e-8bcd-ce0b5093d038

Changes from "canon":

Spoiler

We get some info on the Brodian Queen and a bit more background for Alcryst here, even if I think his mini arc here would have been better spread across a few chapters if this is meant to be the first time he stood up for himself. Veyle also sticks around longer. It strengthens her bond with Alear, but I wonder if she'll stay with him all the way up to Elusian Castle* for the reveal or if she'll disappear this time too.

* Actually now that I type that, she may steal the Emblem Rings (with either magic or sleight of hand) if she stays which would make Alear even madder at her later on. There's also no Time Crystal in the manga either. Huh.

...yeah, I'm quite curious where the mangaka is going to take this. It makes me a bit sad that the manga seems to be sticking to M!Alear throughout, but oh well. The story's still entertaining either way!

I skimmed through some chapters for a bit and I think maybe the manga could benefit from a way slower phase. The Firene chapter for instance. Alear meets Celine and then BAM! They're in the castle and then BAM! the castle has been retaken. I don't think they even managed to get poor Eve any lines, or even a pannel aside from her briefly being seen tied to a pillar.

Some changes do seem pretty interesting though. Celine and Alear teaming up to save Alfred rather than the other way around like in the game was a nice touch, Yunaka fighting cultists seems more interesting than fighting bandits, and its certainly very, very welcome to see Lumera escape the Fire Emblem mom curse. 

37 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

and its certainly very, very welcome to see Lumera escape the Fire Emblem mom curse. 

For now, at least. I wonder if the villains will get a bit more development in the manga too, since their backstories were given to you all at once in Engage itself.