Next month's Fallen Heroes banner (unmarked Engage spoilers)

Jotari

Hey, look. It's April. Which means next month is May, which means we're probably getting another Fallen Heroes banner. And we've also just got a game that's given us loads of potential for new Fallen Candidates. Before we get to that though, let's take a look at what units we could potentially get from other games.

Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia

*Marla

*Hestia

*Already have her with fallen Berkut, but flaming Rinea is still an option if they want it

*Fallen Duma himself? Making use of his Gaiden Goo Form? Not something I'd expect, but something I'd very much like.

New Mystery

The four maidens Elice, Lena, Maria, Nyna

*Bit of a stretch but Ghost Gharnef

*Here's where I would say Medeus, in his Dark Dragon form, but they used his Dark Dragon form for his Earth Dragon character when they put him in as a mythic >.>

Genealogy

*Fully possessed Julius in the same vein as Fully Possessed Lyon (would be nice to have a Julius that's half decent as a unit)

Thracia

*The Deadlords, so in terms of characters that would be Raydrik, Galzus, Dagdar, Evyl, Sara, Lifis

Binding Blade

Hmm. Can't think of anyone specific. Default Idoun is already kind of the fallen version of her. I guess they could pull off a Fallen Zephiel if they make it the state he was in when he killed his father.

Blazing Blade

*Nergal's endgame morphs, so, Ursula, Lloyd, Linus, Jerme, Kenneth, Brendan, Darin, Uhai

*Kishuna as well, kind of

Yeah, no way we're getting the likes of Jerme or Kenneth, but the Four Fangs are popular enough we might see one of them. And this would be the perfect way to put Brendan in the game given that's the only time we see him fight.

*And I see a lot of people are (understandably) clamoring for Nergal himself. Which if it's to be Fallen Nergal I'd rather it be crazy Nergal summoning the Frie Dragon and leaving calm Nergal with his tome for a different date, though I don't particularly seeing that happen much as I'd love it to for actually including random fire dragon.

Sacred Stones

*Morva

Path of Radiance

*Freal Rajaion

Radiant Dawn

*Berserk Greil (this is totally who Fallen Ike should have been instead imo)

*Feral Renning (we have Betram already, but we could see his Radiant Dawn version)

*Any of the laguz units as hypothetical Ferals

Fates

*Anankos's posse, so Sumeragi, Arete, Mikoto

We've already received Arete as a non fallen GHB unit, so it seems unlikely we'll get Sumeragi or base Mikoto this way. Scarlet I feel we could though, after we get base Scarlet, of course.

*Anthony (as a beast unit? Or they can just finally give us gauntlets to fill up that colourless physical niche)

*Berserk Kana Male

*Berserk Kana Female

*Rhajat? I remember you fight her in her recruitment chapter, though I can't quite remember the justification as to why

*Cavalry Dragon Gunther

*Goo Garon

*Technically any of the first generation aside from Azura are canon due to Heirs of Fate. Though we've already seen Fallen Takumi, so probably not him (and I don't think non parent characters like Yukimura show up in that chapter).

Three Houses

*Miklan

*Monica's Father

*Crimson Flower Dedue

*Beast Aelfric

*Epimenidies

Other

*Darios from Fire Emblem Warriors

*Yasuo from TMS, I can't remember exactly why he fights you in that. I think he's just a dick, still it'd be a good opportunity to try in squeeze in one of the last two TMS characters

*Shade from Cipher, though this would be more based off her getting possessed or something in Shadows of Valentia

Of them some are a lot more likely than others. Like, we're definitely not going to see the Thracia Deadlord characters before their base incarnations are in the game. Though it would be a good way of giving us an actual good version of Galzus, I still don't remotely expect them to do it. What I do think is likely is Kana taking up two spots. We've had no Kana alts yet, bizarrely, and they've already laid the ground work with Fallen Corrin and Fallen Morgan, so at least one berserk Kana seems due. I'm also hoping we might finally get to see Morva as a fallen unit but I've been holding my breath on that one for quite a while now.

But it's actually possible we might see a banner entirely dedicated to Engage units. As we have enough potential. Here are the Fallen Engage units I can think of.

Engage

*Corrupted Morion

*Corrupted Hayacinth

*Hypnotised Hortensia

*Fell Veyle

*Corrupted Alear (Male and Female)

*Red Head Alear (Male and Female)

*Corrupted Lumeria

So we have 9 potential fallen units from Engage alone, and only one of them (Hypnotised Hortensia) being minor, though not as minor as some other fallen units we've seen. When I first played the game I was thinking Corrupted Morion was a shoein for this year's Fallen Banner. As he's a likeable character from the early mid point of the game, so his fallen status wouldn't be a major spoiler. But now as more time has gone on and spoilers have started to feel less like they matter, Morion as a banner unit is starting to feel less likely. I think he'll be shoved into the GHB spot and we'll get Evil Veyle as the banner unit. Her existence is confirmed at the same time as Corrupted Morion and she's probably a more saleable unit than Morion.

Though we still have the issue of Alear, given they have two different potential fallen states and two genders, there are four total fallen Alear candidates that need to be paced out...we could literally have a Fallen Banner that's nothing but Alear. Issue is Engage is still new and both fallen versions are from late in the game, unless they want to make the red head past Alear be exclusively based on the early game dream and not the personality we actually see them with eventually.

With all that being said, I guess, for the sake of having a record, I'll make a prediction for next month's Fallen Banner. I'm going to say we get Fell Veyle, both Kanas and a Feral Laguz* with Morion being the GHB.

What about you? Who do you expect we'll see and who do you want to see for this year's Fallen Banner.

*(Rajaion is the only canon choice, but I could see them going non canon for something like Ranulf)

Edited by Jotari

I feel like it's too soon for them to want to include explicit Engage spoilers. The Kanas sound reasonable, though, as well as Julius, and delving into the Thracia or Blazing Blade zombie rosters could be fun. I'd also be on board with Morva.

• Jotari changed the title to Next month's Fallen Heroes banner (unmarked Engage spoilers)
7 minutes ago, Othin said:

I feel like it's too soon for them to want to include explicit Engage spoilers. The Kanas sound reasonable, though, as well as Julius, and delving into the Thracia or Blazing Blade zombie rosters could be fun. I'd also be on board with Morva.

That's why I think Lumeria is definitely not in the running despite being one of the few Engage characters in the game. As would Corrupted Alear. But them not putting any Engage character in, I think is highly unlikely as it is new and thus on everyone's radar. Of course, the other side of that coin is that we all expected to get a second Engage banner by now and they just...haven't done that. We don't even have male Alear yet. I think that's partly because they want to play the long game with Engage, as it has one of the smaller casts in the series. We haven't seen a CYL for Engage yet, but there's precious few non playable characters in it too. It has 37 playable characters, three hounds, Sombron, Lumeria and the four monarchs. That's less than 50 characters total (I think exactly 50 if we count the minor bosses), which is less than some of the playable casts in the series. Though they'll be picking up some extra units from DLC.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

That's why I think Lumeria is definitely not in the running despite being one of the few Engage characters in the game. As would Corrupted Alear. But them not putting any Engage character in, I think is highly unlikely as it is new and thus on everyone's radar. Of course, the other side of that coin is that we all expected to get a second Engage banner by now and they just...haven't done that. We don't even have male Alear yet. I think that's partly because they want to play the long game with Engage, as it has one of the smaller casts in the series. We haven't seen a CYL for Engage yet, but there's precious few non playable characters in it too. It has 37 playable characters, three hounds, Sombron, Lumeria and the four monarchs. That's less than 50 characters total (I think exactly 50 if we count the minor bosses), which is less than some of the playable casts in the series. Though they'll be picking up some extra units from DLC.

Three Houses got its first two banners in July-Aug 2019, then a third in March 2020, and still didn't have any presence on the May 2020 Fallen Heroes banner.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Three Houses got its first two banners in July-Aug 2019, then a third in March 2020, and still didn't have any presence on the May 2020 Fallen Heroes banner.

Yeah, but that's a bit of an apples and orange cases. As Three Houses wasn't exactly showered with candidates. And what candidates it did have we did eventually get. A July release and a following May release are also much more distant to a January release and a May release. By the time the fallen banner for Three Houses came along, Three Houses was practically a year old already. You also have to look at the amount of viable Fallen Candidates in general too, there were a lot more characters to choose from in 2020 than there are in 2023. Engage has been a veritable influx on a banner that would otherwise be forced to dip into some less popular territories.

Edited by Jotari

39 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, but that's a bit of an apples and orange cases. As Three Houses wasn't exactly showered with candidates.

You don't have to be showered with candidates to get a spot on the banner, especially when they've included non-canon picks like Cipher's berserk Ike. There are only five slots each year after all, including the Grand Hero Battle, and the banner has never been themed entirely around a single game, so the game only needs a single candidate in order to get a spot. The fact that it had obvious candidates from Three Houses (Edelgard, Dimitri, Rhea), but didn't use them that year when the game had been out for almost a full year likely meant that they still didn't want to include spoilers at that time and waited another year to do so. With Engage having been released for only a bit more than a month, I doubt they'll include spoiler units this soon.

49 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You don't have to be showered with candidates to get a spot on the banner, especially when they've included non-canon picks like Cipher's berserk Ike. There are only five slots each year after all, including the Grand Hero Battle, and the banner has never been themed entirely around a single game, so the game only needs a single candidate in order to get a spot. The fact that it had obvious candidates from Three Houses (Edelgard, Dimitri, Rhea), but didn't use them that year when the game had been out for almost a full year likely meant that they still didn't want to include spoilers at that time and waited another year to do so. With Engage having been released for only a bit more than a month, I doubt they'll include spoiler units this soon.

And that's precisely why I suggest Morion and Fell Veyle as likely candidates, as they first appear quite early in the game. Three Houses's candidates are literally final bosses (and later game Dimitri).

Who do you feel are the most salable Fallen Characters for this year?

Edited by Jotari

Lord, has it already been a year? I didn't even realize it... Still excited for what they'll do, though.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Who do you feel are the most salable Fallen Characters for this year?

I haven't played a significant amount of any of the games after Radiant Dawn, so I have no clue how popular newer characters are (and in the cases of the Switch games, who they are in the first place).

Witch Rinea is a possible pick, especially now that we know that the developers are willing to add stronger teleportation effects into the game.

I'd personally like to see Rajaion and Cipher's Risen King Chrom.

Kishuna would be really cool, but I'm not sure they're willing to do his gimmick justice just yet. That said, heavy-handed counters are entirely on brand for the developers, so it's not entirely out of the question.

While not himself "fallen", I wouldn't mind Izca showing up.

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

We've already received Arete as a non fallen GHB unit, so it seems unlikely we'll get Sumeragi or base Mikoto this way. Scarlet I feel we could though, after we get base Scarlet, of course.

Mareeta not being in the game yet didn't stop them from releasing Fallen Mareeta.

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

*Yasuo from TMS, I can't remember exactly why he fights you in that. I think he's just a dick, still it'd be a good opportunity to try in squeeze in one of the last two TMS characters

What you are talking about is a demon that thinks they are Yashiro and not really Yashiro, and as someone who actually likes Yashiro I would be mad if that version got in but no actual Yashiro.

As to who I hope is on the banner that would be morva who I hope for every year.

I'm also of the opinion that we won't see any Engage on this year's Fallen banner. Even though some of the candidates (Corrupted Morion and evil Veyle, or Eveyle) are relatively early spoilers, I still don't them happening yet. The lack of Engage content in general so far does nothing to help their odds either.

No instead, I'd like to bring up Crimson Flower Seiros as a possibility. Yes, she is the same character as Rhea but becomes Fallen for drastically different reasons. I just honestly think that Fallen Seiros is something I could see IS going for. 

Also, I'm kinda expecting to see mecha dragon Fafnir on this year's banner (as a kinda follow up to Gustav from last year's banner). Possessed Bruno is also a distinct possibility from FEH itself especially if IS wants to piss off the people who just want regular Bruno.

I'll be surprised if they decide to put Engage characters on this year's Fallen banner. I really don't expect them until next year.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Mareeta not being in the game yet didn't stop them from releasing Fallen Mareeta.

Even before her we have Fallen Hardin a loooooong time before base Hardin. Ashnard too, we're kind of waiting on a base version of, though said base version might never actually come. For Scarlet specifically I don't feel like she's popular enough to get in as a Fallen Form before a base form.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

No instead, I'd like to bring up Crimson Flower Seiros as a possibility. Yes, she is the same character as Rhea but becomes Fallen for drastically different reasons. I just honestly think that Fallen Seiros is something I could see IS going for. 

We already have one fallen Rhea. I feel that'd be a pretty big rehash, especially since Fallen Rhea was just last year.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Also, I'm kinda expecting to see mecha dragon Fafnir on this year's banner (as a kinda follow up to Gustav from last year's banner). Possessed Bruno is also a distinct possibility from FEH itself especially if IS wants to piss off the people who just want regular Bruno.

I forgot about Fafnir. Definitely a possibility, especially with how few new dragon characters we have left.

35 minutes ago, Jotari said:

We already have one fallen Rhea. I feel that'd be a pretty big rehash, especially since Fallen Rhea was just last year.

They've already rehashed shit plenty of times like giving us Fallen Mareeta and Regular Mareeta within the same year, and they were pretty much the same damn unit.

Look, with all the baffling decisions IS has made regarding this game, I'm not ruling anything out.

Edited by Tybrosion

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

They've already rehashed shit plenty of times like giving us Fallen Mareeta and Regular Mareeta within the same year, and they were pretty much the same damn unit.

Look, with all the baffling decisions IS has made regarding this game, I'm not ruling anything out.

Fallen Mareeta and Regular Mareeta I woudn't calla rehash. Regular Mareeta and Ascended Mareeta I might, but there's a pretty clear difference between Fallen Mareeta and base Mareeta, unless we're talking purely gameplay, in which case characters who are unrelated power creep each other all the time and we wouldn't need a third Serios to do anything Morva or any other dragon couldn't also do.

If we're talking baffling decisions, I feel someone's recent suggestion they might give us a second Hegemon Edelgard using her disabled child Three Hopes variation as more likely.

Edited by Jotari