Special Heroes Silhouette - April 2023

Has a good chance.

I don't think any character, even the popular ones, should be getting so many alts in quick succession. The Flame Tribe banner wasn't THAT long ago, it was just over half a year go, and Lyn didn't need to be on it either. If they needed a popular CYL winner there, Alm hasn't had an alt since Valentia Valentine's many years ago. Heck, I wasn't thrilled to see Eirika on last year's summer banner and I actually like her.

Also, it's not like most of the popular dudes get this sort of preferential treatment. Ike has a lot of alts in a vacuum, or compared to most other dudes, but as the first place male winner from the first CYL, he really should be getting better treatment. Instead, 5/6 of all Ikes are red swords, and 5/6 of all Ikes are infantry, and Valentine's Ike got fucked over in comparison to Valetine's Hector and Winter Ephraim by not getting a prf weapon. I don't think it's okay that Ike fares worse in alt variety (and number, depending on how you count his PoR and RD selves) than Azura, who's never won CYL, or either Corrin (of which the female only won this year). Heck, he's doing worse than Micaiah who's gotten every color of tome and 3/4 move types.

Other male CYL winners, with the possible exception of Hector and maaaaybe Ephraim, are doing worse than he is. Ephraim's even doing worse than Eirika, even though he won several years before she did.

IS Don't really care about it that much these days. Ninian got her legendary alt 4 months after her fallen alt, Shez got the legendary in three 3 months.

Considering how Tana got her Rearmed Alt and she was also in the Flame Tribe banner, it's totally possible for Lyn to get another alt now.

Do I like it? Not really, honestly. I think they should try to not give alts for the same character that often... with some exceptions: Resplendents (because they are not really alts), CYL units (they can't control who will win, so they cant plan ahead) and New Years (they are usually about the Heroes characters, so it's already expected the characters introduced during the year will get alts at the end of that same year).

About the CYL example, I still remember back in 2018. The month they announced the winners (Hector, Ephraim, Celica and Veronica), Hector got a Valentine Alt, Celica got a Fallen Alt, and Ephraim got a Legendary Alt. lol

CYL, Legendary, and very specific seasonal banners, such as anniversary ones like this, are the times where I think alts are 100% justified. It does still seem odd to give a character multiple alts in quick succession, like Ninian last year (and potentially now in this banner), but IS has been doing that for pretty much all of Feh's life. Camilla got, what was it, 3 or 4 alts in a span of 18 months? I wish Ike and Ephraim were treated on a more equal playing field, but IS gonna IS.

1 hour ago, Dylan Corona said:

Like I said, wishful thinking. I'm sure it is Rebecca, I just think having a young Sue would be cute.

I think Sue has a pretty good chance whenever they get around to a Binding Blade kid banner. The two BIG names for that game are Roy and Lilina. After those two, I'd think characters like Sue would be front-runners. Maybe it'd be Roy/Lilina/Sue/Lugh + Raigh/Shanna.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

24 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Camilla got, what was it, 3 or 4 alts in a span of 18 months?

Camilla's 3rd-7th versions were in Jan 2018, Jul 2018, Nov 2018, Jan 2019, and Aug 2019, so there's timespans of less than a year where she got three versions and just over a year where she got four versions.

Relatedly, Azura's 2nd-5th versions were in Sep 2017, Jan 2018, Nov 2018, and Dec 2018, so that's also three versions in (barely) under a year and four versions in less than a year and a half. (With another Fates character, around the same timeframe, and sharing two of the same banners.)

19 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Nooooo, they need to let FE6 and 7 stand on their own, not mix them together all the time. They already had to share their Valentine's banner and their summer one. It isn't like Tellius where 90% of the cast is the same in both games. 90% of the cast is entirely different.

I understand this perspective, but it really does make it impossible for the kids to have a play date with their same-age child parents if they don't combine the games like that. Personally, I use Heroes as a way to reunite family members and such who never got to interact much in their home games (which is why I keep waiting for Elena so I can finally reunite that family.) Also, I'm such a sucker for wholesome family interactions (which explains why I tend to prioritize sibling supports in my FE files.) Anyway, it would be just such a sweet thing, like a fulfillment of "If we were kids at the same time, I'd be your friend. :)" the sentiment of which just melts my heart with how sweet it is.

Anyway, banner dropped. I had the thought of "what if they gave us child Mark on this?" but I had the thought when I didn't have access to my computer. Anyway, this was kind of a brilliant way to give us Mark -- just let the duo backpack do all the talking! And with that, every avatar character is in Heroes. 🙂 Rebecca and Lucius feel kind of out of place, though... Hmm not sure who they could have put in instead, though. Maybe replace Rebecca with Raven since he was Lucius' friend? I wouldn't want Ninian without Nils. Uther could have replaced Rebecca or Lucius, being Hector's brother. Not quite sure how else to round it out, though. Still, Lyn makes the most sense as Mark's backpack. Since she rescued him/her, they've had the strongest bond in 7 than Mark with any other character. (That said, this feels a bit like a Link and Navi kind of move.)