New Heroes: Turn of Fate (CYL)

Fire Emblem Fan

21 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Oh cool, I'm glad you had someone to power through the content with! At least you didn't have to suffer as I did...

Who's the best for fodder out of these four units, please? I'm wondering if it's Soren considering he has Flare AND Mag NFU. As for Robin, I just wanted to confirm something: Gambit 1 -> 3 is just a Dodge skill that uses cooldown count instead of Spd, right?

Thanks again, everyone!

I'd personally consider Soren the best fodder, yeah, but Gullveig and Robin are also GREAT options (and if you're gonna give Flared Sparrow to an unit that already has Swift Sparrow 3 then you only use 1 of the inheritance slots or whatever they're called, which os great as it lets you inherit more stuff), so depends on which unit you're gonna give them as fodder to one of the others might be better, but yeah, I think that in general it's Soren by far (also you can use only one inheritance slot to get Mag NFU if you have NFU 3 I think, idk what special is the requirement for having Flare but if you have it then you should be able to get Flare with only one slot too, which means it's even possible to get Time Pulse 4, Mag NFU AND Flare with only one copy of Soren; while with Robin you'd have to use all of the slots to get Gambit; with Gullveig you could do the same thing that with Soren except that for one hella premium skill (Flared Sparrow), one good/great skill (Atk/Spd Oath 4) and Luna, while Soren can do it for 3 hella premium skills). In any case I think that Corrin is the worst out of these (still not bad though) to be used as fodder (I don't even know if Armoured Floe is inheritable).

About the Gambit question, I have no clue, sorry.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Who's the best for fodder out of these four units, please? I'm wondering if it's Soren considering he has Flare AND Mag NFU. As for Robin, I just wanted to confirm something: Gambit 1 -> 3 is just a Dodge skill that uses cooldown count instead of Spd, right?

Soren's fodder is great for Infantry Mages, since if you can get all Flare, Mag NFU and Time's Pulse 4 at the same time. His entire kit is infantry exclusive, so if you have an infantry tome unit that can use that, Soren is the guy (You can even give him to Rearmed Ophelia, to be able to pass all those 3 skills plus Arcane Eclipse). But he is also good for infantry dragons since they can use the B and C slots well.

Robin's foder is Gambit and Finish. While Finish is infantry exclusive, Gambit is for Sword, Lance and Axe units of all movement types. And yes, Gambit 1 to 3 is just Dodge:

• Gambit 1 is unit's max Special cooldown count value × 4 (max 20%);
  • Gambit 2 is unit's max Special cooldown count value × 7 (max 35%);
  • Gambit 3 is unit's max Special cooldown count value × 10 (max 50%).

His fodder is very good for infantry unit. You can take Gambit 3 and Finish 4 at the same time, if you have the prior fodder. You will be missing the Spd/Def-4 and extra true damage Gambit 4 provides though.

Corrin's fodder is Counter Roar, A/S Far Save and Armored Floe. Counter Road is dragon adn beast exclusive. The tiers 1 to 3 only have the damage reduction and counterattack damage, while Tier 4 also has the Atk/Spd-4 on foe and healinf after combat. In the end, Corrin's fodder is niche, because it's only for non human foes or for armors. You can get Far Save and Armored Foe at the same time, at least, if you have a good speedy armor that also have nice Res (Winter Ignatz, Winter Sothis and Rearmed Grima are some of the untis that come to mind... especially Grima, if you use her in Arena).

Gullveig's fodder is Flared Sparrow and A/S Oath 4. Very easy to get both skills at the same time, however only fliers can inherit both, since Flared Sparrow is for mounted classes only (fliers and cavalry), and Oath is for infantry and Fliers only (so only fliers can inherit both). Even though Flared Sparrow is a speedy skill, the 7 damage it grants and the Flame Vein after combat makes this skill a good pick even for slow units. Warping is used aby anyone, but that Oath is better on speedy units.

I think it depends on the type of units you use to be able to consider who is the best fodder here. In my opinion, Soren and Gullvein are the best ones because you has an easier time getting all the fodder at the same time, even though their fodder is more niche for certain classes. Robin's Gambit is very good if you use high cooldown specials, but it also competes with others B skills like the new Desperation 4 and Flow Desperation 4, or even Dodge 4 skills for units that have Slaying effect or prefer to run low cooldown specials. Corrin's fodder is for non humans or/and armors. If you don't care for them, her fodder is not fro you.

25 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

also you can use only one inheritance slot to get Mag NFU if you have NFU 3 I think, idk what special is the requirement for having Flare but if you have it then you should be able to get Flare with only one slot too, which means it's even possible to get Time Pulse 4

Flare only needs Noontime, weirdly enough. Time's Pulse is in the Divine Codes so as you say, you can get three premium skills off of him with just one copy if you have the prior fodder for it.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I think it depends on the type of units you use to be able to consider who is the best fodder here. In my opinion, Soren and Gullvein are the best ones because you has an easier time getting all the fodder at the same time, even though their fodder is more niche for certain classes. Robin's Gambit is very good if you use high cooldown specials, but it also competes with others B skills like the new Desperation 4 and Flow Desperation 4, or even Dodge 4 skills for units that have Slaying effect or prefer to run low cooldown specials. Corrin's fodder is for non humans or/and armors. If you don't care for them, her fodder is not fro you.

Thank you very much for this write-up! Thankfully the free pull banner is around for two years so I still have time to decide, but for now I think I agree with you that Soren and Gullveig have the most "general" fodder. It's a shame we don't have many high countdown skills to get the most out of Gambit. I was going to mention Lethality but those two are incompatible. And as you said, Corrin has great fodder, but only armored units or other dragons would be able to use it (so just like R!Grima). Wait, has anyone tried Counter Roar with Ascended Tiki yet? I'm pretty sure her unique skill has dmg reduction built in already, doesn't it?

By the way, does Realms United only cost 300 SP? If so, it's hilarious that Ostian Counter costs more despite being so tiny compared to it xD

All the units are particularly powerful as to be expected. But it seems like Corrin and Gullveig are the ones to pick for meta. Robin and Soren are extremely strong but require a bit more thought to utilize effectively and Soren can downright screw you over depending on your team comp if you're not paying attention.

For fodder they're all nonsense. I don't care about Armors but Corrin's fodder for them and dragons is out of this world. Flare has basically just become the new premiere special for mages and Soren's got Both Mag Null Followup and TP4 as a cherry on top, you can literally inherit all of them at once, it's nonsense.

Gullveig's Flare Spare is gonna be crazy and she also gives you a free AS Oath 4 so that's neat as well.

Robin is the worst because he forces you to choose between A/S Finish 4 (which was previously on a limited time unit only) and Gambit 4 which has effectively just become the best B option for a lot of older units. 

I am 100% sparking on this banner, I already got Soren from the first few pulls thankfully. Going to spark and see what I get on the road there, then if I don't have Corrin I will spark her because Colorless has always treated me well. If I get a good nature of her beforehand I'll either use my free summon to get whoever I don't have, or grab Robin for Gambit 4 fodder. It's simply too good to pass up.

As far as fodder goes, every unit is kind of railroaded into being foddered to one particular kind of unit. BSoren is only really good for tome infantry, with Infantry dragons being a distant second place. Corrin is great for Beast/Dragon or for Armour, but only one at a time. Gullveig is best used for player phase fliers, infantry and cavalry can grab one skill each but it's tough to justify when the combined package is much better. Robin is technically the most general use? Any fast infantry enjoys AS Finish, and Gambit is going to be strong on a couple of different melee unit types, specifically brave weapon users with an extra shoutout to mixed phase units that aren't fast, since of Guard Bearing 4 is the only stronger source of DR for those, and it's flying only.

They're all good for the unit types they apply to, but calling any of them general purpose fodder is tough. Like I said, I'd give the edge to Robin just because you can only inherit one of his two t4 skills as is, and the two of them have pretty different sorts of units that want them, so you cast a bit of a wider net.

I wonder if they will change the Dragon Vein (Flame) description.

Because "Cannot be slowed by terrain" effects do not apply sounds like that skills with the Traverse Terrain effect don't work against the Flame Terrain, but in reality it does.

Refined Fujin Yumi and the Traverse Terrain Status effect granted by Khadein weapons can ignore the movement restriction inflicted by the Dragon Vein (Flame).

Ranged Fliers without those effects are still penalized. They don't ignore the penalty, like how they do with Forest tiles.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

On 8/17/2023 at 10:01 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

I wonder if they will change the Dragon Vein (Flame) description.

Because "Cannot be slowed by terrain" effects do not apply sounds like that skills with the Traverse Terrain effect don't work against the Flame Terrain, but in reality it does.

Makes me wonder if that was the original intent and later changed to the current implementation but forgot to update the text. They did a pretty good job translating the skill for the most part. The underlined part can be a little ambiguous in Japanese.

Regardless, the Japanese description states

[天脈・炎]

付与されたマスに入る者は以下の効果を受ける

射程2の敵は、移動しづらくなる。(移動する際、移動をさらに+1消費する。敵の移動タイプの基本移動力を越えて消費しない。「自分が移動可能な地形を平地のように移動可能」の効果はこの影響を受けない)

and that translates to 

[Divine Vein(Flame)]

Apply the following effects to units that enter the affected spaces:

Movement becomes difficult for range = 2 enemies. (Traversing these spaces costs +1 movement; movement cost cannot exceed enemy's allowed movement; "Terrain traversable by unit is treated as level ground" effects are not affected by this movement penalty)

where "Terrain traversable by unit is treated as level ground" is the "Cannot be slowed by terrain" effect.

Disclaimers:

• underlined text: it actually says person or people in Japanese. The description does not specify that it only negatively affects enemies so ranged allied units can use their full movement based on the testing scenario I did. The next line specifies ranged enemies but this line can be interpreted as allied units are also negatively impacted. 
  • italics text: I initially went with "effect" but figured it's better to be more specific about what the effect was referring to
Edited by Flying Shogi

20 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

underlined text: it actually says person or people in Japanese. The description does not specify that it only negatively affects enemies so ranged allied units can use their full movement based on the testing scenario I did. The next line specifies ranged enemies but this line can be interpreted as allied units are also negatively impacted. 

As far as technical writing is concerned, this is still unambiguous. All units that step on the tile are subject to the effect, but the effect is conditional on the unit being an enemy.