I make for myself a challenger to play all Fire Emblem games one by one.

• FabioManoel1977 changed the title to I make for myself a challenger to play all Fire Emblem games one by one.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished now the game Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, but unlike the other games, this time I had to let 5 characters die, in the other games I saved everyone, everyone stayed alive, but this time, it didn't work, very difficult game. Is the game Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade that hard too? I spent 4082 turns to finish the game, abused the arenas, and managed to keep 42 characters alive. On the retroachivements site (link)  I lost several achievements because if you load a suspended game you disable the achievement in that section, and I had to save like that a few times, I cannot play several hours without stop. I played the whole game without savestates, of course.

Then I already finished FE1, FE2, FE3, FE4, FE5, without use savestates, the proof is in the retroachievements site,  now I will play FE6: Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.

Fire Emblem - Thracia 776 (English v108)-230904-130921.png

27 minutes ago, FabioManoel1977 said:

Is the game Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade that hard too?

I'm not experience with Thracia, but I have it from a reliable source that it's one of the harder FE games to play with normal strategies. Binding Blade depends a lot on which difficulty you play. Hard mode is a massive step up from normal, and while one of the harder games in the series I don't think it should be as much trouble. It's also a fantastic game, and I hope you have a great time playing it!

46 minutes ago, FabioManoel1977 said:

I finished now the game Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, but unlike the other games, this time I had to let 5 characters die, in the other games I saved everyone, everyone stayed alive, but this time, it didn't work, very difficult game. Is the game Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade that hard too? I spent 4082 turns to finish the game, abused the arenas, and managed to keep 42 characters alive.

If you've beaten Thracia, you'll beat FE6 just fine, on normal at least.

Just make sure you're stocked up on torches and restore staves, which is honestly the exact advise I'd give to thracia players.

I quite enjoy Binding Blade myself, and I hope you do as well. Normally, I'd warn about hit rates, staff spam, and ambush spawns, but basically all of that applies to Thracia, so hopefully you're not sick of that. While I prefer the way Thracia handles that gameplay, FE6 is quite fun with interesting gameplay, a varied cast, and the iconic GBA sprites while still retaining classic FE gameplay. Hope you have a fun time.

Do you unlock a different end or different events playing on hard mode on Binding Blade ? Reading about it now looks like the hard Mode is unlocked after finish the game once, I wonder, If is worthwhile to play everything again ? If we cannot see any new ending or new events I think is a waste of time to play the game again, I prefer to jump to the next game after finish this one...
Edited by FabioManoel1977

46 minutes ago, FabioManoel1977 said:

Do you unlock a different end or different events playing on hard mode on Binding Blade ? Reading about it now looks like the hard Mode is unlocked after finish the game once, I wonder, If is worthwhile to play everything again ? If we cannot see any new ending or new events I think is a waste of time to play the game again, I prefer to jump to the next game after finish this one...

No, hard mode doesn't unlock any new story content BUT there are two endings. You need to collect all the legendary weapons by accessing all the bonus chapters in Binding Blade to reach the true ending. You reach the bonus chapters by 1. Keeping certain units alive and recruited. 2. Finishing certain chapters in less than a certain number of turns. If at a y point the protagonist Roy says something like "This is taking too long" then you've missed the bonus chapter and should restart that chapter or reload a save state.

As others have said, Binding Blade isn't as hard as Thracia on normal mode. On Hard mode it probably would match Thracia, but it's a much more fair game overall (except Chapter 7, screw Hard Mode Chapter 7).

If you want to keep spoilers low, I recommend looking up Gaiden chapter requirements (for the reasons Jotari mentioned) and character recruitments (because even when the game makes it perfectly clear who recruits someone, it can be annoying when it only makes it clear several turns into the map).

Other than that, I think you can generally get by playing blindly, although the decision is obviously yours to make. Ambush reinforcements can be a pain in some maps, but they tend to appear from forts and occasionally from your starting location, so there's some rhyme and reason to them.

23 minutes ago, gnip said:

If you want to keep spoilers low, I recommend looking up Gaiden chapter requirements (for the reasons Jotari mentioned) and character recruitments (because even when the game makes it perfectly clear who recruits someone, it can be annoying when it only makes it clear several turns into the map).

Other than that, I think you can generally get by playing blindly, although the decision is obviously yours to make. Ambush reinforcements can be a pain in some maps, but they tend to appear from forts and occasionally from your starting location, so there's some rhyme and reason to them.

Oh, yeah, that list reminds me, there are two alternate routes in the game. At two points you can go down an A or a B route, like in Thracia. So that's some extra story content you could get by replaying again on Hard, though, really, the difference between the routes in terms of plot is minimal. It mostly affects the gameplay and what characters are recruited (like in Thracia).

I'm loving the characters in this game, the Binding Blade, especially Clarine, The Tsundere Princess , she's so funny! Everything she says is fun to read. I think she's will be the Fire Emblem character that I will like the most.

Spoiler

Fire Emblem - Fuuin no Tsurugi (Japan) (En) (v2.1) (Dark Twilkitri)-230904-164952.png

Edited by FabioManoel1977

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2023 at 4:16 PM, Jotari said:

If you thought Hannibal was difficult to recruit, wait until you get to Xavier's chapter!

Seconding this. Also, other Fire Emblem games have their fair share of difficult recruitments.