• Ike (RD)
    • Sigurd
    • Alm
    • Celica

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That and Roy is helping 2 awesome cavs early and quickly AND giving them both awesome bonuses, plus having Rapier and stats that actually aren't bad, just those levels he lags in thanks to late promotion. Lyn supports 1 ok cav and a meh pegasus knight, giving bad or poor bonuses to both. Roy can dodge thanks to pretty nice speed and grea luck with his 2 supports. Lyn has no supports to rely on, can't boost her terribad defense either. Her weapon may rock, but she still isn't one shotting anything that can hurt her bad on the counter (unless she crits, or lol nomads). That, and how does her weapon somehow out-perform Wolf Beil? Best promotion is sketchy...Eliwood gets a much better weapon choice and weapon control and a horse to keep up with his supports of Marcus and Lowen (Hector's nice, but three mobile guys supported is awesome...that and ThunderxAnima has...rather diluted bonuses and Hector can get defense elsewhere anyways from people who won't fly away). Lyn gets...Bows...

Michaiah's situational, but uber-hax in said situations. She's the E. Honda of Fire Emblem.

Forgive me if I sounded rude, I say it more out of curiosity. For others not trying to explain things to me, sorry about these annoying long-winded posts. I tend to go on a tangent when I mean to brief. I have an obsession to detail x.x

Lyndis? WTF is wrong with you people?!

I don't like it, but I can see it. I voted Eirika, but I wish I had voted for Roy...

What's funny-yet-not-surprising is all the Micaiah votes. Seriously, she's not even in the running here.

That, and how does her weapon somehow out-perform Wolf Beil?

More uses, costs nothing, has a crit rate when effective damage isn't enough.

I don't think it's as good as Wolf Beil either, but it gives Lyn an inkling of offense against some of the tougher enemies earlygame.

Roy is the worst. I don't know WHY people think Lyn sucks. -_-

Roy supports with 2 of the best units in the game, all around great bonuses to all three, stats that don't completely blow and are rather balanced, the Rapier is always nice and his endgame is pure win in exchange to downtime due to his super late promotion time. Supports build quick and early. The cavs might be off doing stuff on some maps, but there's plenty of situations in FE6 where they won't be going off the hinge. Actually has time at axe users early when there's actually a huge amount of them.

Lyn supports an ok cav and a meh pegasi knight but give crappy bonuses all around and the pegasi flying makes keeping up with her even worse, crap strength HP and defense, has swords in a lance heavy game, only one realistic support boosts evade and her wind drowns it's bonuses, reliant on speed and luck to dodge, reliant on her special weapon to have an actual form of offense, never really gets better as the game continues as all she grows is speed and skill with some luck, gets no crit bonus on promotion and only gets a bow in contrast to Eliwood who uses it better for lances and a horse to keep up with his Lowen and Marcus supports...

How is Lyn any good at all? She basically has one support most of the time that'll be B at best (Kent gets the same bonuses from Sain but faster), along with all that. Roy is average yeah, but Lyn is just garbage who steals from Eliwood.

Anyway, I voted for Sigurd just to be a dick.

Musashi...YOU DASTARD!

*Falaflame'd*

And yeah, Roy's not completely useless. Lance/Alan support really works well for him and them.

Edited by Aless the Black Knight

Wow, nobody voted for Hector.

Great, because you discover Hector is awesome, your first impresions are always to think that Eliwwod will be the best, he turns out to be pretty bad, the same goes for Roy.

¬¬ no body Remembers the Mister Fail AKA Leaf ?_?

He is the worst X_X

Leaf is actually not that bad. Has supports with damn near everybody, Light Sword is win, grows in an ok fashion. His only real problems are his bases being meh and his promotion being somewhat late. Nowhere near as bad as saaaayyyy, Roy's or Lyn's (no way in hell she's promoting before Eliwood).

He's not great, but he's helping out everyone around him by quite a bit. He's not a god, but he's not terrible either. He's more the average guy. Roy has minor problems and Michaiah is situational and being hax in said situations. Lyn is just...ugh...

¬¬ no body Remembers the Mister Fail AKA Leaf ?_?

He is the worst X_X

In all fairness, Leaf doesn't exactly stand out from your other units, mostly because ANY of your units have a hard time standing out in FE5, with the stat caps of 20.

Leaf supports a lot of your guys, doesn't fatigue, and gets the Light Sword. Leaf isn't bad.

In all fairness, Leaf doesn't exactly stand out from your other units, mostly because ANY of your units have a hard time standing out in FE5, with the stat caps of 20.

Leaf supports a lot of your guys, doesn't fatigue, and gets the Light Sword. Leaf isn't bad.

Leaf is all-around ok.Gets not only the Light Sword, as the Blaggi Sword as well, doesn't fatigue, etc.

And there's FE4 Leaf. A bit worse when he tags along, but when he promotes, harhar.

The worst Lord ever is Eliwood, IMO.

I'm gonna say Roy, for the sheer fact that he ends up useless for like 4-5 chapters because his promotion is so late. As good as the Sword of Seals is, the durability of it (ignoring Hammerne) and availability are really not that good... would have been nice if he got it just a little earlier with like, 40-60 uses or something like the FE5 preference weapons did.

Leaf can get a level lead that makes him very helpful in the prison chapters, so he doesn't get my vote for this.

Edited by Drayano

I'm going to vote for Lyn. She really sucks without the Mani Katti and bows aren't very useful.

You are defeneatly wrong, Lynis promoted is like a swordmaster or even better and by the way, bows have more might than swords.

Roy is the worst. I don't know WHY people think Lyn sucks. -_-

I'm with you here man. I think it's because they feel her best supports are better of supported elsewhere. As for me, I feel that supporting Eli with Lowen is a bit of a waste, because he's (Lowen) not exactly what some people are going for. One of the reasons being he's most likely gonna get ditched in favor of Sain and Kent. Florina I can agree with being better supported with Fiora because of the trouble foot units have when supporting mounted units. Kent, is also a mounted unit so I feel he's gonna have the same trouble Flo does, although to a lesser extent for obvious reasons. Honestly, Lyn gets the most benefit from a triangle with Eliwood and Hector IMO. (I prefer a B with Eliwood and an A with Hector.) Eliwood would be just fine without an early A support if you ask me.

Lyn like a swordmaster, except she has no crit boost.

also guy owns her in like, every stat.

bows have more might than swords.

bows still suck

because he's (Lowen) not exactly what some people are going for.

so? Lowen is mcuh better than Lyn. HHM enemies fail so hard that Marcus is doubling for most of the game, so Lowen doesn't have a whole lot of trouble later on.

...Lyn ANd Hector A? Can you possibly think of a worse way to waste Hector, no thanks to lolWind?

Well, I have to disagree there, if only because Florry and Kent have nothing better to do.

Doesn't make Lyn suck any less, mind you. Especially since Florry sucks.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Neither Florina nor Kent get a lot out of a Lyn support though. They'd rather use their free 7-8 move than be glued to Lyn who needs walling all the time. not using Lyn < using Lyn.

I wouldn't want say Lyn, but I just feel that they should have gotten her a "Special Pegasus" as a bargain with her promotion...

Then she would have been the only Falcon that shot arrows, and unaffected towards them.

So I would say Lyn...cause they should have improved her fighting abilities...

Neither Florina nor Kent get a lot out of a Lyn support though. They'd rather use their free 7-8 move than be glued to Lyn who needs walling all the time. not using Lyn < using Lyn.

Well what do you want to do? Watch her die due to the player's carelessness during endgame? At least using her ups her chances of survival.

Edited by Little Al