FE4 Gen 2 list

Dat Nick

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? I got the Hero Sword to 60+ kills in first gen. Aira started critting with it near the end of Chapter 4, and she got about 10 kills after that. I mean, the Arena alone in the last three chapters is 21 kills. Surely you can rack up 29 kills with it?

And Silver Sword has 5 Arena Chapters, so 35 kills right there. It's practically impossible if you do the Arena not to get critical on the Silver Sword.

Seriously? I got the Hero Sword to 60+ kills in first gen. Aira started critting with it near the end of Chapter 4, and she got about 10 kills after that. I mean, the Arena alone in the last three chapters is 21 kills. Surely you can rack up 29 kills with it?

And Silver Sword has 5 Arena Chapters, so 35 kills right there. It's practically impossible if you do the Arena not to get critical on the Silver Sword.

What? Arena kills don't count on weapon kills unfortunately :(

Goddess, can we not derail the topic with trivial information please? LexDelmud will suck offensively with or without a 50+ kill sword.

Does he even have critical?

Goddess, can we not derail the topic with trivial information please? LexDelmud will suck offensively with or without a 50+ kill sword.

Yeah, with Lex as his dad his Skill growth kinda stinks so he will critical as likely as Noish did at least until promotion. A ~10% chance of critical is not good especially if Tinny [Lex] apparently can't KO with wrath while hitting res. reliably, I'm not seeing how a critical hitting on def will be very good.

Yeah, with Lex as his dad his Skill growth kinda stinks so he will critical as likely as Noish did at least until promotion. A ~10% chance of critical is not good especially if Tinny [Lex] apparently can't KO with wrath while hitting res. reliably, I'm not seeing how a critical hitting on def will be very good.

Tinny [Lex] has serious mag issues even with the mag ring.

Prayer is still near useless. Superior 2 range/stave usage is very superior to lol! prayer and lol! +5 speed convo if neither turns you into a veritable goddess of destruction. With the enhanced mag Azel! Nanna would immediately rise like every other good FE valkyrie since healing on a horse is awesome. She also would be able to sit on the front lines if we gave her the earth sword. Delmud barely loses durability/offense for having azel instead of fin for a father and instead gains the decent ranged offense he always wanted. If anything Azel! Delmud might be higher than fin! delmud on the list.

Prayer is useful for Nanna to use in the arena though she has access to staves too. But C staves limit her to using only relive and return staves.

Ahem. Prayer is useless outside of the arena. I know about the stupid arena trick I just can't find it in me to care. I find the higher mag much more useful. Especially cause she is only gonna have C rank staves max. That means she can heal for a good amount with a relive staff since the formula is [10 + mag] * 2. She shouldn't have any problems healing most units back to full health with her higher mag except if they have some ridiculous hp stat like faval and took like 70 damage. And since she is on a horse she won't be needing reblow as much since she can keep up with the main army.

Sorry for bringing up something kinda old, but I wouldn't say that Prayer is useless. It greatly helps out in the arena, but it can also be a big life saver when it activates on the map. The AI will pretty much constantly attack the unit who has had prayer activate, and they will just keep dodging. I might be wrong in saying this, but personally, I think the definition of what prayer does needs re wording. Once it activates, it stays active until the end of the enemy phase/Player phase in which it was activated. Saying turn seems a bit confusing to me.

Also, not to make Azel!Nanna sound worse, but I don't think it would be a good idea to keep Nanna at the front lines with the earth sword since it only has 10 uses and is fairly exspensive.

About the magic swords, at one range they just use str and attack def, right?

Yes. At range, they use the spells and the WT of the respective spell applies to their AS.

Unless the FE4 enemy data is wrong, I don't think that using a spell from afar with a magic sword changes the attack speed of the weapon you are equiped with. See Jacoban, the Chapter 3 Forrest.

We're getting sidetracked with trivial shit again. ~_~

so here's something totally random

BeowulfxBriggid [innate Pursuit for Patty whoamg, plus charge for Faval which is a good skill on him]

y/n

Unless the FE4 enemy data is wrong, I don't think that using a spell from afar with a magic sword changes the attack speed of the weapon you are equiped with. See Jacoban, the Chapter 3 Forrest.

http://tinypic.com/m/5wjign/3

The end.

@BB: BeoxBriggid kids look alright, better than Holyn's since his Patty requires Hero Sword and Pursuit ring.

Edited by ?!

BeowulfxBriggid [innate Pursuit for Patty whoamg, plus charge for Faval which is a good skill on him]

y/n

Patty also inherits any C swords Beowulf has. However, Brigid has a faster pairing with Midir which does pretty much the same minus the C swords. Midir is Aideen's best pairing miles and miles away though.

I think Fin x Brigid is the best Pursuit pairing for her though.

How about instead of beowulf or fin we use alec for briggid's husband? Awareness will make it easier for faval to take down several of the tougher bosses in this game since it negates critical hits/sword skills. No longer will wrath be a problem for faval. Patty can only wield C rank swords anyway so she might as well get the prayer sword. She is gonna need it more than any other female in gen 2 for the arena. Of course alec can't pass it down but she can buy it from either lakche or nanna who both have A rank in swords so they have better options to begin with. Nanna might need it every once in a while for the arena and that's about it as far as patty's competition goes for the sword.

But how many bosses even have skills that awareness would block? I imagine Julius is the only one who has wrath and there is a sword master in the final chapter who has a sword skill, and the darkwarlords have some, but is that really enough to warant having awareness instead of prayer and +30 more luck (compared to Fin)? If you want to pass awareness onto anyone, wouldn't Fee be a better candidate?

Awareness really isn't useful enough to warrant a loss of stats or Prayer.

@BB: BeoxBriggid kids look alright, better than Holyn's since his Patty requires Hero Sword and Pursuit ring.

She doesn't really require it, it's just what you have to give her if you want her to have any prayer of taking out an enemy in normal combat. But Beowulf as a dad doesn't make Patty significantly better at fighting than Holyn. Pursuit is great for characters that do a lot of damage, but not Patty with her abysmal strength.

Holyn/Patty needs both the Hero Sword AND the pursuit ring to significantly beat Beo/Patty at combat. Those two resources are in pretty high demand, BeoPatty should get credit for being decent with something like the Prayer Sword without any uber resources. Plus, charge activation.

FinxBriggid sounds pretty inconvenient imo, BeoxBriggid isn't that hard to make in the first place so I'm not sure Prayer is worth sacrificing sword inheritance for.

Edited by Athena's Chest

Awareness really isn't useful enough to warrant a loss of stats or Prayer.

She doesn't really require it, it's just what you have to give her if you want her to have any prayer of taking out an enemy in normal combat. But Beowulf as a dad doesn't make Patty significantly better at fighting than Holyn. Pursuit is great for characters that do a lot of damage, but not Patty with her abysmal strength.

Faval doesn't need prayer and his stats are good enough with alec as the father. Have you forgotten he possesses a 40 might bow that only weighs him down by 2 AS with pursuit?

There are 3 units in competition for the patty sword. Yes, I renamed the prayer sword the patty sword. Fee, who is getting the hero spear since she has the OMGWTFBBQHAX FLYING HORSIES. Nanna who is a mounted healer with charisma so she can never be anything but a boon to the party even if she fails in the arena and at combat. She also has A ranks in swords regardless of the father. And finally lol lakche. I don't need to point out why leen and laylea shouldn't be doing attacking or even need to compete in the arena.

Patty's best weapons without holyn as the father are the defender which is wanted by countless others and the prayer sword which is barely competed over. Both have 12 might which is pretty much the best she can hope for without holyn since she is only getting B swords max cutting her off from all of the blades and the silver sword.

That is her only competition for the patty sword aside from the replacements who all need far more than the patty sword to fix there problems. Janne is decent for healing but instead of getting delmud you get tristan so why bother?

Besides this let's fin do other things that are far more useful to the party instead of sitting next to brigid for all of chapter 3 until he leaves.

Edited by Lancelot

FinxBriggid needs 320 points to happen. They get 10 if not adjacent (32 turns). Standing adjacent just speeds up the process but with the way this chapter flows, you'd need a promoted Fury to Return Briggid to the castle if you want Fin adjacent to her for a good a while.

Faval doesn't need prayer and his stats are good enough with alec as the father. Have you forgotten he possesses a 40 might bow that only weighs him down by 2 AS with pursuit?

There's a reason nobody bought Faval into the equation. Faval really doesn't care who his father is. You could pair him with Claude and he'd still be good.

There are 3 units in competition for the patty sword. Yes, I renamed the prayer sword the patty sword. Fee, who is getting the hero spear since she has the OMGWTFBBQHAX FLYING HORSIES.

Fee has a magic sword, why does she want Prayer too?

Nanna who is a mounted healer with charisma so she can never be anything but a boon to the party even if she fails in the arena and at combat. She also has A ranks in swords regardless of the father.

Weren't you paying attention? Nanna has magic swords too, that over prayer plz

And finally lol lakche

...Why the hell does Lakche want it? She'd much rather have a steel or hero which has more might.

I was pointing out that neither of the 3 cared, needed, or wanted the prayer sword....

Unless holyn is the assumed pairing for patty even fee starts with better sword ranking and ends with better sword ranking than any version of patty. The other two both have A.

Also awareness gives faval the added option of not fearing counter from any of the wrath enemies in this game. Not great but considering he only has a player phase and even some of the top tiers have problems with those bosses he won't fear there counter attacks now. No difference in his performance really between and the other pairings but the key thing is... Alec isn't that great first gen. The tier player wouldn't mind him slowing down for briggid and he has no other kids that desire him as a father.

Edited by Lancelot

I was pointing out that neither of the 3 cared, needed, or wanted the prayer sword....

Unless holyn is the assumed pairing for patty even fee starts with better sword ranking and ends with better sword ranking than any version of patty. The other two both have A.

Also awareness gives faval the added option of not fearing counter from any of the wrath enemies in this game. Not great but considering he only has a player phase and even some of the top tiers have problems with those bosses he won't fear there counter attacks now. No difference in his performance really between and the other pairings but the key thing is... Alec isn't that great first gen. The tier player wouldn't mind him slowing down for briggid and he has no other kids that desire him as a father.

Like? The only bosses with Wrath are...

C10 Yurius: What business does Faval have attacking this guy when Ichival's not going to reach a high number of kills and Killer Bow is quite insufficient?

Drei the Warrior: Oh look, this guy's wielding a Silver Axe and nothing else.

Sechs the Mage Fighter: Ok fine but then you have to ask yourself "Why the fuck am I using Faval and not Celice with Tyrfing to kill her?"

Prologue Yurius: Hello lower accuracy with Ichival and no criticals whatsoever.

Edited by ?!

Like? The only bosses with Wrath are...

C10 Yurius: What business does Faval have attacking this guy when Ichival's not going to reach a high number of kills and Killer Bow is quite insufficient?

Drei the Warrior: Oh look, this guy's wielding a Silver Axe and nothing else.

Sechs the Mage Fighter: Ok fine but then you have to ask yourself "Why the fuck am I using Faval and not Celice with Tyrfing to kill her?"

Prologue Yurius: Hello lower accuracy with Ichival and no criticals whatsoever.

You mean Epilogue Yurius, I assume...

Are children being individually rated or does favoring Faval and screwing over Patty even count against him? I see no reason why Faval [Holyn] is even listed considering all he gets is more skill, yay, ~10 more hit and overkill HP where even Dew gives him sufficient HP. If Holyn gets points for making Patty good just ignore this post