Epic Wins, Epic Fails

Rewjeo

Epic Fail: Micaiah gets killed in 1-3 by a lance in EM

I don't know why i started EM, should have gone with normal. EM is way too boring.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has got to be a case of WIN:

Ike gets put to sleep by the sleep-staff in 4-4. He then proceeds to simply laugh at the enemies in his sleep, as they do absolutely NO damage to him. Yes, it's EM and all, but it's funny to watch Ike not even get scratched when a guy charges at him with an axe while sleeping.

On a related note, due to support bonuses, in FE9, I've seen Ike dodge attacks while sleeping since the support bonus avoid goes on after normal avoid is reduced to zero.

Ike gets put to sleep by the sleep-staff in 4-4. He then proceeds to simply laugh at the enemies in his sleep, as they do absolutely NO damage to him. Yes, it's EM and all, but it's funny to watch Ike not even get scratched when a guy charges at him with an axe while sleeping.

On a related note, due to support bonuses, in FE9, I've seen Ike dodge attacks while sleeping since the support bonus avoid goes on after normal avoid is reduced to zero.

Sleep walking Ike :awesome:

Even in his sleep he is win

It still is impossible as I believe Mantle negates criticals.

Well, technically, Cain has a str cap of 24, a weapon of 22 mt. That's 70 mt. Give him the EM bonus and it is 75 mt (+5 str EM bonus not doubled). He did say EM. Use two blood tides and it makes 85 mt. Ashera has 35 def. He can actually cause 100 damage in one round. It is just impossible for any character to ever exceed 106 damage, and only Giffca on EM supporting fire/dark/water at A level with two blood tides and max str is capable of that. I realize calling it triple digit damage when really it is only 3 digits in total is kinda misleading, though, but he did say "one round", not "one hit".

• 3 weeks later...

Epic Wins

Raised Nolan, he could solo mission 4-Prologue and receive little damage from each enemy, if they hit him

Lyre got Spd, Skl cap, other stats decent enough

Micaiah cap some stats, including spd which I never witnessed as a Light Sage

Epic Fails

Gave Laura the Matrone to bless it, forgot staffs didn't work so I she faile in endgame

Lekain activated Corona against Micaiah and defeated her abruptly

Forgot bonus damage and sent Marcia to her grave against a warrior wielding a crossbow, my mistake, he hit her with a 30 something hit rate!

Got killing critical from a rate of 1, that was really unexpected

I could mention more fails, but the list is really large...it was my bad luck, I guess

Epic Fail

Edward missed with 96 hit

96 hit is 99.72% true. 1 in 357. It is bound to happen eventually. Check some of the other ones people have had, like getting hit 5 times in a row with 5% (true) hit rates.

The probability of missing at least once with 96 hit (99.72% true) after ~247 tries is 50%.

96 hit is 99.72% true. 1 in 357. It is bound to happen eventually. Check some of the other ones people have had, like getting hit 5 times in a row with 5% (true) hit rates.

The probability of missing at least once with 96 hit (99.72% true) after ~247 tries is 50%.

How, exactly, is "true hit" calculated? Does I have something to do with luck?

http://www.serenesforest.net/general/truehit.html

it's about the 2 RNs stuff

epic fail: only needing to burn 1 last supplies in 3-2 soloing with Haar, and suddenly I'm out of turns.

EDIT: also watch this for calculations in RD: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/calc.html

Edited by whase

No. Rather, the game uses 2 RNG's instead of one and compares the average of the two to the displayed percentage to determine hits and misses.

This page can explain it better.

EDIT: Looks like I was beaten to it... By an hour. I didn't even see the second page... Oh dear. But yeah, it has to do with the fact that the distribution of the average of the 2 RNG's tends more toward the middle, so lower hit numbers are less likely to happen and higher ones are more likely to happen.

Edited by Fayt Zelpher

Once, I used a sleep staff on a generic bishop in FE9, and his avoid was still 5. His biorhythm was at bottom, so I don't think that was the cause. I never did figure it out.

Well, technically, Cain has a str cap of 24, a weapon of 22 mt. That's 70 mt. Give him the EM bonus and it is 75 mt (+5 str EM bonus not doubled). He did say EM. Use two blood tides and it makes 85 mt. Ashera has 35 def. He can actually cause 100 damage in one round. It is just impossible for any character to ever exceed 106 damage, and only Giffca on EM supporting fire/dark/water at A level with two blood tides and max str is capable of that. I realize calling it triple digit damage when really it is only 3 digits in total is kinda misleading, though, but he did say "one round", not "one hit".

Actually Narga, you can get 136 damage with Boyd and a brave axe. Or better yet, remove one of the blood tides or go to normal/hard mode to do 116 damage so that Ike can finish her off.

Edited by Kinata

Actually Narga, you can get 136 damage with Boyd and a brave axe. Or better yet, remove one of the blood tides or go to normal/hard mode to do 116 damage so that Ike can finish her off.

I guess I was ignoring them (Reavers). I wasn't thinking.

Yeah, 40 + 5 + 10 + 3 + 11 = 69 mt, which Boyd can get at max str with EM bonuses and both blood tides and with white pool can lay down 3 hits of 34 damage each for, like you said, 136.

I like just going with Elincia and a +mt support and two blood tides. 30 + 15 + 2 + 10 = 57 mt. 22 damage. 88 damage total, only I think Boyd lacks the 100% hit that Elincia will easily have due to Heaven and two blood tides and really high luck with decent skill. Ike needs to cause 32 damage, aka have 67 mt to get two cracks at it. This can be accomplished with max str + fire/dark/water support + the same tides that Elincia just canto'd away from (Boyd can't canto). Now, sure, it ain't triple digits, but it is more reliable. Especially since Ike now has two blood tides to boost his hit (and hopefully fire as his support). If Boyd hits all 4 times then Ike only needs 1 of 2 hits. When Elincia hits all 4 times Ike will only need 1 of 2 hits, and his hit will be that much higher due to having two blood tides.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I don't think so.

However, I KNOW for a fact that a triangle attack critical WILL override Mantle (and Fortune).

And Nihil should override it as well,obviously.Hmm...which begs the question,do units with +Crit(Like Trueblades) lose it when fighting an enemy with Nihil,since Crit +20 is a skill?

Epic win: Sothe going from level 1 Whisper to level 20 in the same chapter and leaving the Burger King in his dust.

Epic fail: Ike missing the final blow to Ashera and getting killed while he's at it. Thanks a lot, Ike! If only there was a next time for me to count on you! Oh wait, there is *resets*

On a side note, what if... When all the statues reanimate, one soldier accidentally drops his spear on a Cat's tail and a fight breaks out as a result, riplling into a full-scale battle.

Epic win: Mia Vantage/Astra activated every other combat round in the tower.

Michaiah and Laura teaming up to clear almost every DB chapter in part 3.

Heather dodged six attacks in one turn and killed three of her attackers.

Fails: Zihark blocked things with his face. 1% hit was 100% to him.

Volug got roasted. Four times. On the same map.

Anything Mist did aside from cowering in a corner.

How can she fail at healing?

by not having anything to heal?

in easy mode, barely any healing is necessary, since I only play easy mode, I never have a need for healers~

EDIT: and Soren can heal those once in a chapter lucky blows~

Edited by whase

by not having anything to heal?

in easy mode, barely any healing is necessary, since I only play easy mode, I never have a need for healers~

EDIT: and Soren can heal those once in a chapter lucky blows~

Depends on the chapter. snowy didn't specify. It could be tower from his Mia statement, but the rest doesn't necessarily seem like it is tower. Nor did he mention the mode. It could easily not be EM. Even on EM, soren can't heal until after promotion and no physics for a long time anyway.

When I tried to have her heal, the enemy spontaniously gained 'pass' and seemed to follow some hidden path I didn't see before to molest her.

Right... <_< ...that's totally Mist's fault.