What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Madoka Magica: Rebellion Story was probably the best thing I've seen in years. I say that because I go nuts for Homura, though.

I disliked that movie. Feels too rushed, it's too confusing and, overall, didn't surprise me.

I'm watching Darker than Black, and I feel like slapping myself for not having watched it before. Next in the list is Cowboy Bebop and Hetalia. The Rebuild of Evangelion movies are as well.

I'm reading Ubel Blatt and Akame ga Kiru, though the mangas advance in a turtle's pace (one chapter per two months, it's killing me).

Is manga!Hetalia good? Because my internet is slow and I'd rather read it...

*sniff*.......just finished watching Steins;Gate......hit me right in the feels......omg it was so good, so amazing! Okabe and Kurisu are officially two of my new favorite characters ever! And I love Suzuha so much I want to cosplay her now! I wish there were more shows like this. God tier, indeed!

Found out there is a movie; gonna go watch it soon regardless of how good it is, but I hope it does continue where the anime left off. Ohmigosh, this show, these characters, my feels, all of my feels....best decision I've made in a while to watch this..... :sob:

Still riding high on my Steins;Gate feels and watching Inu x Boku for calm shojou happy times, which is a nice break from plot heavy stuff. But now that I have more time with the holidays, I want to get back into some action, so I've been considering watching the actual Full Metal Panic! series after I had watched and enjoyed Fumoffu a couple years ago at my school's anime club. As someone who hasn't seen much of mecha anime, is it good? Also, sub or dub? I typically like to watch dubs if they're available (and Steins;Gate dub was awesome), but I'll relegate back to subs if they happen to be particularly bad and detract from the show quality.

In other news, I've been trying to finish shows that I forgot to keep watching from last year; finished The Sacred Blacksmith yesterday (the premise and potential was good, but the 13 episode syndrome struck again and I don't think it was able to deliver what the original work was supposed to. Definitely gonna read the manga at some point), and I'm now getting back into watching and trying to finish Gosick (why I ever forgot to keep watching it is a mystery; I'm still really liking it halfway through).

Fucking Samurai Flamenco.

At one point this was my highest-rated show of the season, now I've dropped it.

What a load of generic shit. Thinks it's funny but it just making dumb parodies while turning itself into Power Rangers.

Still riding high on my Steins;Gate feels and watching Inu x Boku for calm shojou happy times, which is a nice break from plot heavy stuff. But now that I have more time with the holidays, I want to get back into some action, so I've been considering watching the actual Full Metal Panic! series after I had watched and enjoyed Fumoffu a couple years ago at my school's anime club. As someone who hasn't seen much of mecha anime, is it good? Also, sub or dub? I typically like to watch dubs if they're available (and Steins;Gate dub was awesome), but I'll relegate back to subs if they happen to be particularly bad and detract from the show quality.

In other news, I've been trying to finish shows that I forgot to keep watching from last year; finished The Sacred Blacksmith yesterday (the premise and potential was good, but the 13 episode syndrome struck again and I don't think it was able to deliver what the original work was supposed to. Definitely gonna read the manga at some point), and I'm now getting back into watching and trying to finish Gosick (why I ever forgot to keep watching it is a mystery; I'm still really liking it halfway through).

I could never quite figure out if Inu x Boku was actual shoujo, or shounen in a shoujo style.

That said, moving on to the meat of the post here, Full Metal Panic is amazing, especially if you're not a usual mecha fan. (This also holds true for Escaflowne, btw.) IMO Fumoffu was tilted too far on the happy-go-lucky slice of life comedy, while The Second Raid was tilted too far on the dark-and-serious mecha adventure. The original FMP hit the balance damn near exactly right, in my opinion. Can't weigh in on the sub/dub wars, because I never watch dubs out of personal preference.

Also yes, do finish Gosick.

Watched Elfen Lied from start to finish. You know, the one that is infamous for it's maximum of amount of blood and gore (And nudity of course).

But holy hell, the cliffhanger sucked and I jumped straight at the manga after I finished watching. (Don't know which chapter is post-cliffhanger, though).

Edited by Krisars

Madoka Magica: Rebellion Story was probably the best thing I've seen in years. I say that because I go nuts for Homura, though.

I HATE THAT MOVIE. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Been watching Zeta Gundam, ZZ, Char's Counterattack, SEED, Megas XLR, Code Geass and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure.

What a load of generic shit. Thinks it's funny but it just making dumb parodies while turning itself into Power Rangers.

Many people praised it at the beginning, therefore I put it on my backlog - what happened to cause all this disapprove? Since 2 or 3 episodes everybody seems to hate it and I hesitate to watch it at all.

Edited by Assurhaddon

Watched SAO lol. Looks damn shiny. Music, well done. Premise, neat. Characters and satiety? Lollllll

Then went back to FUMOFFU because I forgot I was like only 4 episodes into it. Add much as I like Full Metal Panic, I feel like Fumoffu season does as better job at being a comedy since that's what it's designed to be. Still, highly recommend by me regardless~~

I tried watching Yugioh Zexal....it's just so. .so....awful. does it get better after episode 10? I'm really trying...

Also, I have Hulu Plus, which is loaded with animus. Any recommendations for what's on there?

Edited by The Protown SK

For real? Thanks God that I didnt jump into SFlamenco bandwagon.

And how is Coppelion now? Did it get any better?

For real? Thanks God that I didnt jump into SFlamenco bandwagon.

And how is Coppelion now? Did it get any better?

Many hate it with passion, some like it. Don't expect a Stalker anime, Coppelion doesn't take itself serious.

I enjoyed it a lot, but I enjoyed episode 1 already. It's my second favorite Anime this season, but that doesn't tell much (after all many shows were disappointments).

The Ozu sisters are great and improve the series a lot.

Edited by Assurhaddon

*sniff*.......just finished watching Steins;Gate......hit me right in the feels......omg it was so good, so amazing! Okabe and Kurisu are officially two of my new favorite characters ever! And I love Suzuha so much I want to cosplay her now! I wish there were more shows like this. God tier, indeed!

Found out there is a movie; gonna go watch it soon regardless of how good it is, but I hope it does continue where the anime left off. Ohmigosh, this show, these characters, my feels, all of my feels....best decision I've made in a while to watch this..... :sob:

Yup, that's Steins;Gate

btw i you want to watch the movie, you'll want to watch the special anime-original episode 25 first.

Well, I made my list of anime to abandon after two or three episodes this season.

Monday

Buddy Complex (01/05)
Nobunaga the Fool (01/05)

I've decided to just cut the bullshit and admit that all I care about is robots. I'll also probably watch that dumb Bushiroad thing that's been in development hell for eight years since I just need to make myself care once since it's a 2.5 hour special.

I could never quite figure out if Inu x Boku was actual shoujo, or shounen in a shoujo style.That said, moving on to the meat of the post here, Full Metal Panic is amazing, especially if you're not a usual mecha fan. (This also holds true for Escaflowne, btw.) IMO Fumoffu was tilted too far on the happy-go-lucky slice of life comedy, while The Second Raid was tilted too far on the dark-and-serious mecha adventure. The original FMP hit the balance damn near exactly right, in my opinion. Can't weigh in on the sub/dub wars, because I never watch dubs out of personal preference.Also yes, do finish Gosick.

I know I am a nobody here but I just HAVE to agree with you about FMP. Too bad two of my best friends (Proto being one of them really disliked the actual FMP)

In other news I REALLY need anime recommendations. My MAL name is flashranite. I haven't updated it in a while but I watched SnK and am watching Durararara, I like action, mecha, comedy. I also like space at times and the same with magic. I am not a fan of gore but have read quite a bit of it. I really hate slice of life and generic romance with no comedy.

Also, please don't hold back when recommending.

Just finished Sakurasou no Pet na Kanajo, and I felt like changing my avatar to Nanami, my favorite character. I'm gonna try out Hayate the Combat Butler, but if anyone wants to recommend anything, or suggest against something, go ahead.

I know I am a nobody here but I just HAVE to agree with you about FMP. Too bad two of my best friends (Proto being one of them really disliked the actual FMP)

In other news I REALLY need anime recommendations. My MAL name is flashranite. I haven't updated it in a while but I watched SnK and am watching Durararara, I like action, mecha, comedy. I also like space at times and the same with magic. I am not a fan of gore but have read quite a bit of it. I really hate slice of life and generic romance with no comedy.

Have you tried Gurren Lagann?

If you're watching Durarara, you should watch Baccano!.

I am watching Durararara because I liked Baccano a whole lot and I watched Guren Lagaan too

I am looking for quite a lot of recommendations not just one or two btw cause I will get the chance to watch a lot very soon.

Feel free to send recommendations through the sf messenger if you want to instead.

Since I am using an iPhone I don't know how to link my MAL account directly, which is why I left MAL name ( flashranite )

• 4 weeks later...