I call this my H5 Run

Elieson

I'm attempting my first playthrough on H5, and I've made it up to Chapter 5 (Champions of Aurelis). I just decided to start logging my playthrough, and even though it's nothing special, I want to share it. It's likely going to be a Gaiden run, simply because it's hard enough keeping units alive for more than a few chapters, and I understand the use of Bait as a very important skill that some people really do excel at.

Also, this will be a no General run (unless I recruit a general, and he is to be Class changed as soon as possible. Armor knights can stay until level 10, then force changed to w/e. Warp staves will be sold (for 0 T.T), and never used.

I'm starting my play log here at Ch. 5.

I'll log the generics (if you care enough to wonder how they're doing) and if I use a particular unit in a battle or not. Currently, Lena and Trim are making decent healers, Cain and Ogma are leading my party to most of my victories, and I class changed Nabarl to a Cavalier to get him some added fight time, and Gordin was changed to a Cavalier in case I needed to rush in a sacrifice unit (which I used him for in Ch. 4). So far, it's going well.

If I don't use that unit in a chapter, I'll have them spaced underneath with a ** next to them.

[/font]
Units List
Funds: 7436
Name      Lvl  EXP  HP  STR  MAG  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES  Class
Marth       4   25  21   6    0    4    8    9    7    0   Lord
Caeda       6   90  17   4    1    7   17   13    8    6   Pegasus 
Cain        8    9  25  10    0    8    9    5   10    0   Cavalier
Abel        6   54  23   7    0   10    8    3    9    0   Cavalier
Draug       5    0  22   7    0    5    4    2   11    0   Knight
Ogma        8   29  26   8    0   14   13    5    6    0   Mercenary
Barst       6   35  27  11    0    7   11    7    7    0   Fighter
Lena        5   26  16   0    2    8    8    9    3    7   Cleric
Nabarl      4   90  22   8    0    3    7    8    9    0   Cavalier
Merric      2   36  20   0    3    3    6    3    4    3   Mage
Julian      3   20  17   4    0    6   12    7    4    0   Thief **
Trim        7   16  17   0    2    2    5    0    1   10   Curate/Cleric **
[font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]

Forges are "Aron Sword" (+4 Mt) held by Abel and "Aron Lance" (+3 Mt, +3 Ht) held by Nabarl. All others are holding basic weapons (javelins, iron swords, yada yada).

KIA list

Name	Chapter	Reason  
Bord	2	Death by Hand Axe from boss, and because I don't like Bord.
Cord	2	Death by Castor, who was killed by Barst.
Jagen	2	Death by Hand Axe to bring boss to 2 HP, so Ogma could finish w/ exp.
Unil	4	Death by Fighters and Archer along with Dua. Dodged one attack before doom.
Dua	4	Crit by Fighter. 20 HP, got hit for 10, then critted with a 30. Poor Dua.
Gordin	4	I can't remember. He and Matthis got into an argument, and Matthis won I think.

Chapter 5: Champions of Aurelis

Current status: 14 attempts

Current Mood: Pissed at stupid reinforcements. "Hi, I'm Pegasus Knight. They called me here to F*** with your army with mad reach with a plain old Javelin. I specialize in doubling your face, and letting my archer homies rape your cavaliers and your Marth. Don't worry, I'll do it fast, since you turned off battle animations, you likely will just restart so I can do it again!"

Stupid peg knights.

Planned Item Retrieval: Fire Stone, Door Key

Planned Units to Keep: Sedgar (Zagaro?), Wolf

Planned Units to Drop: Vyland, Roshea

Units Undecided: Hardin

Can someone explain to me how the code for unit data works? And is Hardin worth keeping I don't want to, but if he's worth it...?

**Edit- Fixed the Units block. Thanks G.O.!**

Edited by Elieson

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardin is worth it in the short term, because he's a free Silver Lance (Caeda should be Wing Spearing things to oblivion).

If you haven't, forge the Wing Spear, Rapier, and Ridersbane (+3 at least, and I think Rapier was +5). You'll thank me later.

Can someone explain to me how the code for unit data works?

I think you might've copy and pasted the stats thing or something so it messed up the spacing and had to apply for all the other stuff you type. Its better to write the stuff out rather than copying and pasting. As a suggestion you should write what class they are and their reclasses, here I fixed your unit data for you (copy and paste it for your future stuff).

Funds:
Name 	  Lvl  EXP  HP  STR  MAG  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES  Class
Marth       4   25  21   6    0    4    8    9    7    0   Lord
Caeda       6	90  17 	 4    1    7   17   13 	  8    6   Pegasus 
Cain 	    8 	 9  25	10    0    8    9    5	 10    0   Cavalier
Abel 	    6 	54  23 	 7    0   10 	8    3 	  9    0   Cavalier
Draug 	    5  	 0  22 	 7    0    5 	4    2	 11    0   Knight
Ogma 	    8   29  26 	 8    0   14   13    5 	  6    0   Mercenary
Barst       6	35  27	11    0    7   11    7    7    0   Fighter
Lena 	    5	26  16 	 0    2    8    8    9    3    7   Cleric
Nabarl 	    4   90  22 	 8    0    3    7    8    9    0   Cavalier
Merric 	    2   36  20 	 0    3    3 	6    3 	  4    3   Mage
Julian 	    3   20  17 	 4    0	   6   12    7 	  4    0   Thief **
Trim 	    7   16  17 	 0    2    2 	5    0 	  1   10   Curate/Cleric **

Edited by Generic Officer

Alright. I finally beat the level, (4 more attempts later), taking down all those damn Peg Knights.

I ditched everyone except Wolf, but I haven't saved yet. I'm seriously considering restarting for Zagaro, but I don't know...I've got wolf. Do I need them both?

I'm planning on keeping most of my team, sans Draug if he doesn't improve any time soon, and ultimatly adding the 3 White Wings to my team eventually as well.

I'm literally staring at the save point. Do I save, or restart for Zagaro?

Ok. I'll proceed with just Wolf. I guess it's becoming a bigger challenge, within a challenge. I've had no problem beating the level, just Hardin, Zagaro and Wolf kept dying, and I wanted to keep all 3, or I stupidly put Marth in a hit-zone where he'd be doubled by enemy Pegs. This fight is surprisingly easier than I made it out to be.

Moved my whole army north across the bridge, all one spot out of the danger zone except Cain w/ an Iron Lance to counter the cavalier with. 2nd turn, killed the Cavs, placed Ogma in the danger zone of the Peg, and took it out with a counter critical. Turn 3, killed the archer and recruited Wendell with Merric, stole his stuff, and used him as a sacrifice later on.

The Aurelins traded all equipment to Hardin and Zagaro, and turn 1 moved Wolf into danger zone for the archer to hit. He dodged and countered effectively! Replaced him with Roshea on Turn 2, and he died on Turn 4.

Turn 4, moved the main army West towards the choke point at the bridge, and had Hand-axe Barst do his duty to take out the cav. Marth, Abel, Merric, and Caeda took out the thieves up at the Northern bridge easily.

Turns 6 and on, dealt with the archers and cavs at the choke point, accidentelly brought over the Knight, and Hammered him to death with Barst (Crit for 78 was BAD-ASS)

Turns 9 and on, moved the remaining 4 Aurelin horsies up to the team, and naked Vyland took a few for the team. Reinforcements of Pegs and Cavs from the NW, N, and W sides (with Javelins) totally f'd with my team. Took Wendell out, and sacrificed Hardin and Zagaro to protect Wolf and Caeda. Merric got lucky and dodged a peg knight and Excalibur'd it to IS Heaven (would've restarted if he died).

Last reinforcement comes, and Lena is struggling to heal. Peg and Cav are on top of eachother, and I let Caeda risk a silver lance to the Peg. She hits 2x, and the enemy missed, so she lived! I don't remember who killed the last Cav...who cares, he died.

Barst and Merric toyed with the boss slowly to get a little bit of exp (hand-axe and fire chips), and Marth took the castle nicely.

Lena healed a lot before...she healed Cain's epic splinter, Ogma's stubbed toe, Barst's toothache, and Caeda's broken legs. Her Mag isn't going up as I hoped it would...it never does in any of my playthroughs T.T

Wolf lives to see another fight. I'll keep him as a ManHorse, since I don't have a bow-user, and for some reason I bought 4 Iron bows and 2 Steel bows a while back.

I'll post my unit stats in the morning. I'm looking forward to killing Rickord with Julian in the a.m., and reclassing Draug to probably Fighter for a while. I almost feel bad for Trim, because he has no idea that I'm just going to let him die in a few battles. I'd recruit him if I could class-change someone else to a Thief with it, but sadly, Marth is stuck as a spoiled Lord, while lowly Julian needs to steal from the rich to fill his tummy.

Oh shoot. i just remembered that I blew all my money sans 342 on Javelins and Hand axes in the previous fight. I'm not going to be able to afford a forge now unless I sell some of my stocked junk.

Anyone caring?

Ha, you're doing far better than I am, perhaps because you aren't doing a no-death run - It's tough, trying to keep everyone alive... Chapter 4 is quite rough. Also, though many people prefer Wolf as a Hero, he'll work well as your bow user, far better than Gaggles or Castor could ever hope to achieve.

Since your death toll will hit draft tournament proportions, you should be getting a ton of stuff from the generics. Sell it.

You can also pick up more potch gold in Chapter 6.

I'll try A no-death run soon. I'm just prepping my team and running a quick attempt to see the enemy move patterns. I got quatro, and he'll be good bait for a turn or 2, until the archers smash his face in.

Units List
Funds: 326
Marth      5   51  22   6    0    4    8    9    7    0   Lord
Caeda      8   31  17   5    1    8   19   15    8    6   Pegasus 
Cain        9   54  26  10    0    9    9    6   10    0   Cavalier
Abel        7   18  24   7    0   10    9    3    9    0   Cavalier
Draug      5   18  24   6    0    4   11    2    3    0   Fighter **
Ogma        9    1  27   9    0   14   14    6    6    0   Mercenary
Barst      7   69  27  11    0    8   11    8    8    0   Fighter
Lena  	10   22  17   0    2    9    9   12    3   10   Cleric
Nabarl      5   73  23   8    0    4    8    8    9    0   Cavalier
Merric      5   36  23   0    4    6    9    4    4    3   Mage
Julian      3   20  17   4    0    6   12    7    4    0   Thief **
Trim        7   16  17   0    2    2    5    0    1   10   Curate/Cleric **
Wolf        3   29  28   7    0    6   12    7    4    0  Warrior **

Check my Mad Merric speed, and my Sad Nabarl Skill... I don't wanna lis Quatro, since he won't make it to the next chapter anyway. Rickord will die too, so no point in listing him.

I'll try to get that killing Edge w/o the use of Warp...wish me luck.

Edited by Sirius

First, that table. . .

Hit Reply on this post, and copy/paste/update as needed.

Units List
Funds: 326
Marth      5   51   22   6    0    4    8    9    7    0   Lord
Caeda      8   31   17   5    1    8   19   15    8    6   Pegasus 
Cain       9   54   26  10    0    9    9    6   10    0   Cavalier
Abel       7   18   24   7    0   10    9    3    9    0   Cavalier
Draug      5   18   24   6    0    4   11    2    3    0   Fighter **
Ogma       9    1   27   9    0   14   14    6    6    0   Mercenary
Barst      7   69   27  11    0    8   11    8    8    0   Fighter
Lena	  10   22   17   0    2    9    9   12    3   10   Cleric
Nabarl     5   73   23   8    0    4    8    8    9    0   Cavalier
Merric     5   36   23   0    4    6    9    4    4    3   Mage
Julian     3   20   17   4    0    6   12    7    4    0   Thief **
Trim       7   16   17   0    2    2    5    0    1   10   Curate/Cleric **
Wolf       3   29   28   7    0    6   12    7    4    0   Warrior **

Second, you'll need to find a way to kill the archers near the chest quickly. Then, have Caeda Wing Blick the Silver Lance guy, and make sure she survives his Iron Lance buddy (or have one of Abel or Cain murder him with Ridersbane). Then, you'll be free to take that thief out at your leisure.

You'll want to avoid direct combat with that thief, because a thief with Killing Edge in hand sucks.

Second, you'll need to find a way to kill the archers near the chest quickly. Then, have Caeda Wing Blick the Silver Lance guy, and make sure she survives his Iron Lance buddy (or have one of Abel or Cain murder him with Ridersbane). Then, you'll be free to take that thief out at your leisure.

You'll want to avoid direct combat with that thief, because a thief with Killing Edge in hand sucks.

Well... I'm afraid that other Cavalier is also packing a Silv. Lance in Merciless mode.

And yeah, you don't want to get close to a pissed off thief with a Killing Edge.

Well... I'm afraid that other Cavalier is also packing a Silv. Lance in Merciless mode.

And yeah, you don't want to get close to a pissed off thief with a Killing Edge.

Wing Spear + Ridersbane it must be, then!

Wing Spear + Ridersbane it must be, then!

Sounds like a good combo..Just gota make sure that Caeda dodges a hit then while on the way...it's that force of 3 archers and the mage...so much ranged assault >.<.

So far, 11 Tries, and not a singl attempt has gotten me past the initial wave.

Try positioning someone *just* out of range of the rightmost archer on turn 1 (but make sure whoever it is can take an angry armor). Do not let anyone go beyond that unit.

The big problem I'm having is that I keep running into the Turn-3 wave of 2 archers and the AK from the top coming through the choke point, and the Archer/Mage/AK that come through the west. The first AK I can draw down easily, and take out quickly, but it's the rest that give me a hard time.

Maybe I'll have Trim and Quatra both bait at the top for the archers, then surround them quickly with Cavs.

I might have to just bite on the Killing Edge. If I do that, I can take my time and draw the West wave over...no, I'm going to find a way, then I'll post it.

It sure would be easier with a Warp staff T.T

Edited by Elieson

To be honest, I'd just ignore the Killing Edge. I don't think it'd be worth the trouble.

Agreeing...another 8 tries down the drain because no one can dodge a thing >.<.

I do want that seraph robe more than anything though. It looks like I'll have 4 turns before I lose the Killing Edge, which is 1 turn less than what I need to catch the thief. If I can manage to kill everything else and position Shiida up near the starting point of the Curate, I might be able to chase him out and get him before he exits the map.

Agreeing...another 8 tries down the drain because no one can dodge a thing >.<.

I do want that seraph robe more than anything though. It looks like I'll have 4 turns before I lose the Killing Edge, which is 1 turn less than what I need to catch the thief. If I can manage to kill everything else and position Shiida up near the starting point of the Curate, I might be able to chase him out and get him before he exits the map.

Yeah... you can't exactly rely on dodging in this game.

Also, I would've put some extra Mt on the Wing Spear and/or Ridersbane if I were you.

Yeah... you can't exactly rely on dodging in this game.]

Got lucky (and surprisingly far) with Caeda storming in. She dodged an attack at 55~ (give or take a few %), but an other archer got the last hit on her and took her down. If I could've survived that hit, I could possibly make it to the thief. More to come with this strategy later.

If you're stuck on chapter 6, take a look at these for some strats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI9k6pHEYqQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no1ODeF3G84
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVojsG007lY

Note that the deaths (Abel and Rickard) were on purpose and can be avoided.

You can warp Shiida and Wing Spear blick the Silver Lance cav, and my 7 def 18 HP Shiida could take a hit from the other cavalier, who does not have a silver lance, but a steel. Just finish off the thief with a javelin. Beware once he gets that Killing edge though.

I made a plan, and it has worked so far! It's brought down all the enemies except for the 2 Cavs up at the top, and one archer from the Western wave (which is surrounded by my wounded units). I sold some of my weapons stock and forged the "Amplifier" (A +3 Mt. Rapier), that helped bring down the first AK (who took 2 counter hits from Cain's Steel Lance).

Reclassed Trim to a Myrmidon, and on turn 2, moved Trim to the choke point, Quatra 1 spot below Trim, and Barst under Quatra. Moved Cain into Javelin range of the left-most archer, (after using a Vuln. to bring him back to 24/26 hp.), so to counterattack, and moved the rest around in safe places for the next counter attack.

Lost Trim, then Quatra, and the Mage came over to attack Nabarl (Who was behind Barst), and he countered to take him out!

Oh yea, that curate at the top charged down to heal the AK that Cain countered. He can't reach him of course...

IMA HEEL YU FELLOW GENERIC ARMERD NITE! He shouted as he charged into the frey of battle

Turn 4, Hammered one AK that came down ontop of Barst (hand-axes the Curate), and Marth slaughtered the 2nd AK. Ogma used Marths gift (the Silver Sword) and took out the archer 1square above the Choke point, and Shiida&Abel took out the other archer on the top.

Last archer is left, surrounded by Wolf, a hurt Nabarl, and the currently hurt Marth. Barst is still in attack range, but he'll be fine. Ogma is too, but he's at full HP.

Shiida's B-rank in lances recieved a gift (Jagan's Silver Lance). It's proving quite useful in her hands. Now if only Cain&Abel can reach B-rank. I'll pump up Shiida's Wing Spear, and give them the Silver Lances. Then maybe one day, Marth can use a Silver Sword too, and he and Ogma will be a nice tag-team as well.

Barst...well he's pretty much god right now anyway.

It's the end of Turn 4, I gotta move Cain now, to attack one of the 2 other Cavs up at the top, and I just realized something. One of the 2 Cavs needs to miss, otherwise I'll lose someone for sure. The Thief hasn't reached the Killing Edge Treasure Chest yet, so if I can make it past the last 2 Cavs, he's gonna be Javelin'd to death by Abel/Cain/Shiida (whoever wants to do it), and the last archer will probably be Marth-chow.

The ultimate problem I've been having is that I've been moving Abel and Shiida up to the danger zone, and the rest behind. Abel can't hurt the first AK as much as Cain, and I just switched them and it all has been surprisingly successful. The bait role played by Trim/Quatra is probably the most important thing, since they ease the wave on Turn 2 by quite a bit (2 archers and at least 1 AK)

Also, I refuse to use the Warp staff.

SH!T. Abel got smashed by both of the Cavs. I saw it coming, but was riding on luck for that.

Well, I know how to get that far. If I can make it through that tiny wave (or get lucky enough to take one of them out), then I can pull this off and actually get that Killing Edge (and the rest).

I Did a Dry run after this to the end, and that was the only death that would have happened. I'll try shuffling equipment around or something. BUT I WILL GET THROUGH THIS!