Fire Emblem Forever (status: dead?)

Krad

Oh I can beta test! It's bed time here ( 1 am), but tomorrow I'll be available all day, so just hit up on me, send me the patch via PM whenever you want~

Also lol @ the axes in that screen.

I can beta test stuff for ya.

Alright, thanks. I'll send you the patch as soon as I'm finished.

aso you gotta have those 5 generic Knights that are with Glade make some sort of cameo

Who are you and how did you get in my mind. Seriously, I had already planned to have Glade and his generic pals appear in a future chapter.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 3x is finished. Here is a screen of Fin vs Gustav, not Leaf since Gustav ORKO's him when equipped with the Silver Sword.

1zegrao.png

Now I have to sleep, but tomorrow I'll try to finish everything not done yet, so the betatesting stage may finally start.

Just some stuff while I wait for people to send me their complains.

6ekgap.pngb8waa0.pngwh1b9y.pngv6m77r.png

Skasha is now a Merc, Oifey's shield is now blue, the bosses from Prologue and Chapter 1 have new names, and changed Affinity to Blood.

LOVE IT!

It seems like you're aiming for the "Everyone is broken" approach. What I'm mostly entertained with is the idea of supports for Gen 2. Anyways it looks great so far, good luck :awesome:

Also, stop midway and I eat your soul :awesome:

Who are you and how did you get in my mind. Seriously, I had already planned to have Glade and his generic pals appear in a future chapter.

FUCK YESSSS

Interesting thing you did there with the blood. I like the change to Merc for Ska- seems to fit him more.

Ooh Gustav looks challenging.

Since when was Ice a blood? :P

Fire, Thunder, Wind, Light, and Dark work, but Anima and Ice?...

Anima is for the units with Baldo, Hezul and Odo. Ice/Water is for Dain, Noba, Neir and Ulir. I'll change the icons at some point.

LOVE IT!

It seems like you're aiming for the "Everyone is broken" approach. What I'm mostly entertained with is the idea of supports for Gen 2. Anyways it looks great so far, good luck :awesome:

Also, stop midway and I eat your soul :awesome:

Not really. Well, at least I've been trying not to do so. I'll add supports, but later. Maybe get someone else to write a few characters.

FUCK YESSSS

Interesting thing you did there with the blood. I like the change to Merc for Ska- seems to fit him more.

Ooh Gustav looks challenging.

Thanks. You can thanks Seph for forcing me to change Ska. Also Gustav's easy if you don't do something stupid like sending Lifis against him.

I'm still waiting for a while to see if anyone finds any stupid glitch that I haven't noticed yet, and fixing some spelling errors.

So far, inserting music from other FE games works well and all that, but trying to add my own MIDIs destroys the quality of them. Also can't get them to loop without an error appearing. Fire Emblem really hates Mario and Pokemon music.

Krad, you use Zahlman's Song editor?

If not, try that.

If that doesn't work, open the midi in Anvil Studios and exporting the midi, looping works fine every time for me like that.

Edited by Hero of Time

Yes, I'm using Zahlman's song editor. And I'm also using Anvil. The error happens during the part where I burn the midi in the game, after putting the "loop 360" command. After burning, I get a weird error and the SE closes.

You need to install Blazer's music patch and then type in

open (rom name goes here)

offset 0xFFFFFF (the FFs are whatever your offset is)

loop (loop number)

burn 0xFFFFFF (same as before, offset here)

close (insert name here)

Should work.

Seph I was already doing all that.

10wkzsg.png

I can burn the midi perfectly into the game without using the loop command (it sounds horrible ingame, but at least works). It is by using loop that I get this error.

Either A) try fixing the MIDI yourself or B) send the MIDI to me to see if I can fix it, if neither of those work, your 3rd choice is to C) ask Zahlman about the error to see if it's a problem with the editor itself, and if he can't fix it, then your 4th option is to D) use my method mentioned in the Ultimate Tutorial even though everyone thinks it's brutal, it's worked fine for me 95% of the time, and if you don't want that or by some amazing chance THAT doesn't work, you'll have to E) try a different MIDI and hope you get luckier.

Why does that remind me of Pokemon music

I believe it is Pokemon music.

Why does that remind me of Pokemon music

anyhow it sounds great to me, and the hack itself looks freaking amazing.

:P

Also

The song loops fine but for some reason the drums don't loop at all. Does someone know why this happens?

• 4 weeks later...

After a longer than wanted break, Chapter 4 progress has started.

jj1ca1.pngzlw8zc.png

And I also added some other things that aren't in the pictures, like the canto patch.

SALEM Yesssss-wait.

:/

Now I have to be a stickler here, cause I love Salem and all, but even since Thracia is in the middle of 6-8 and all that, Salem is with the Dandylion gang right now. Since Celice rescues Leaf around chapter 18-ish when they retake Lenster, and Salem is already with the party by then.

So, as much as I love seeing him there, I'm going to have to ask how.

SALEM Yesssss-wait.

:/

Now I have to be a stickler here, cause I love Salem and all, but even since Thracia is in the middle of 6-8 and all that, Salem is with the Dandylion gang right now. Since Celice rescues Leaf around chapter 18-ish when they retake Lenster, and Salem is already with the party by then.

So, as much as I love seeing him there, I'm going to have to ask how.

You'd have realized I'm not following both games canon 100% when I let both Johan and Johalva be recruitable at the same time.

I liked that better gameplay wise, and I also bet that the manga did that too. I always thought a better story would be them competing for Lakche than one of them dying.

That said, it's still a bigger error than just recruiting them. That could be a lot more reasonable, but it's also cause you decided to include that Gaiden chapter. If you're going to have Evayl and Lifis and Asvel and them, you should probably get the rest of FE5 right.

I liked that better gameplay wise, and I also bet that the manga did that too. I always thought a better story would be them competing for Lakche than one of them dying.

That said, it's still a bigger error than just recruiting them. That could be a lot more reasonable, but it's also cause you decided to include that Gaiden chapter. If you're going to have Evayl and Lifis and Asvel and them, you should probably get the rest of FE5 right.

For this chapter, you can consider that 12x in FE5 was skipped. Then there's some little sidestory involving the Dandelion Gang(told by a few conversations ingame) that ends up with Salem in Yied...for a reason.

If I really wanted to go full FE5 canon, 3x would have around 30 deployement slots. And that's just not acceptable. So rather than having all FE5 characters join at once, I gave many of them some little sidestories that would allow them to exist in FE4.